Usafootball3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Usafootball3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Usafootball3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Usafootball3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Usafootball3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Usafootball3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Usafootball3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Usafootball3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Usafootball3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Usafootball3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Usafootball3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Healthy alternative to soda.....help please!

So I've been drinking soda for way too long and as I slowly try to refine my diet, that's a main thing that I will need to get rid of. I am looking for ideas for drinks that will be somewhat a decent alternative to drinking soda with my meals. I've been drinking lots of Propel zero water lately and really like it. Is this a good alternative? What other suggestions do you guys have?
    Thanks in advance

dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    What would constitute "healthier" to you
    04-09 usmc
    07-08 Operation Iraqi Freedom
    MWSB 372

For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat 4.

Usafootball3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Usafootball3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Usafootball3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Usafootball3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Usafootball3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Usafootball3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Usafootball3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Usafootball3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Usafootball3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Usafootball3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Usafootball3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dimmupelto View Post
    What would constitute "healthier" to you
    Good question. I guess I should have clarified. I don't necessarily mean "healthier" as I've been doing a pretty god job of getting my macros but I'm looking for a drink to sub for soda that isn't as bad for you as soda is

dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Bad for you how? Is it because of the acidity? High calories? The fear mongering that has been pushed on you that tells you drinking soda will kill you dead?

Soda isn't bad for you in moderation. If you're looking for something with lower calories just drink the diet versions, or water.
    04-09 usmc
    07-08 Operation Iraqi Freedom
    MWSB 372

For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat 4.

dbman4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbman4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbman4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbman4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbman4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbman4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbman4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbman4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbman4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbman4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbman4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Bad for you how? Is it because of the acidity? High calories? The fear mongering that has been pushed on you that tells you drinking soda will kill you dead?

Soda isn't bad for you in moderation. If you're looking for something with lower calories just drink the diet versions, or water.
    I second dimmupelto's inquisitons and reasoning. But just to add some alternatives you could try crystal light, mio water, or if you are looking to flavor water with something more natural maybe a lemon slice or cucumber inside

I suppose anything in moderation isn't bad. The acidity and sugar in it I guess is what really makes me want to steer away. Was just really looking for beverage suggestions to get rid of that soda craving

x2lvlarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) x2lvlarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) x2lvlarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) x2lvlarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) x2lvlarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) x2lvlarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) x2lvlarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) x2lvlarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) x2lvlarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) x2lvlarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) x2lvlarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Odd op I use to try to kick my soda addiction now I don't have one.
    I drink diet soda once or twice weekly.
    I love drinking lemon juice concentrate, lemon peels in water...
    Nasty suggestion would not recommend unless you have the mouth and stomach of an ox - dark unsweetened cocoa in water no sugar no substitute sugar just powder and water.

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Diet Dew
    end of thread
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

MTsauce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTsauce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTsauce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTsauce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTsauce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTsauce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTsauce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTsauce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTsauce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTsauce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTsauce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Usafootball3 View Post
    So I've been drinking soda for way too long and as I slowly try to refine my diet, that's a main thing that I will need to get rid of. I am looking for ideas for drinks that will be somewhat a decent alternative to drinking soda with my meals. I've been drinking lots of Propel zero water lately and really like it. Is this a good alternative? What other suggestions do you guys have?
    Thanks in advance
    For me, soda has always been about the carbonation. I've never been a huge soda person, but it was the bubbles that I craved. Keeping that in mind, I've found that I really like carbonated water. It's really yummy if you put it in the fridge with some fruit in it for a bit (lemons, watermelon, strawberries even, cucumber if you're feeling adventurous) to lightly flavor it. Or of course the little Mio or Crystal Light squirt bottles would work too. You'd still get the sensation of soda, without the empty calories and chemicals.

Originally Posted by MTsauce View Post
    For me, soda has always been about the carbonation. I've never been a huge soda person, but it was the bubbles that I craved. Keeping that in mind, I've found that I really like carbonated water. It's really yummy if you put it in the fridge with some fruit in it for a bit (lemons, watermelon, strawberries even, cucumber if you're feeling adventurous) to lightly flavor it. Or of course the little Mio or Crystal Light squirt bottles would work too. You'd still get the sensation of soda, without the empty calories and chemicals.
    I think it's the carbonation to me as well. I used to hate carbonated water but maybe ill have to give it a shot again. I appreciate the ideas!

DasPhilosopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DasPhilosopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DasPhilosopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DasPhilosopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DasPhilosopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DasPhilosopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DasPhilosopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DasPhilosopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DasPhilosopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DasPhilosopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DasPhilosopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    powerade

Chaohinon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chaohinon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chaohinon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chaohinon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chaohinon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chaohinon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chaohinon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chaohinon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chaohinon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chaohinon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chaohinon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    cold brew tea: leave tea of your choice in a pitcher of water overnight. green and black tea need less time, herbal tea can steep for a long time.

and these:

thegreatest911 is a name known to all. (+5000) thegreatest911 is a name known to all. (+5000) thegreatest911 is a name known to all. (+5000) thegreatest911 is a name known to all. (+5000) thegreatest911 is a name known to all. (+5000) thegreatest911 is a name known to all. (+5000) thegreatest911 is a name known to all. (+5000) thegreatest911 is a name known to all. (+5000) thegreatest911 is a name known to all. (+5000) thegreatest911 is a name known to all. (+5000) thegreatest911 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Water

parttimeely is on a distinguished road. (+10) parttimeely is on a distinguished road. (+10) parttimeely is on a distinguished road. (+10) parttimeely is on a distinguished road. (+10) parttimeely is on a distinguished road. (+10) parttimeely is on a distinguished road. (+10) parttimeely is on a distinguished road. (+10) parttimeely is on a distinguished road. (+10) parttimeely is on a distinguished road. (+10) parttimeely is on a distinguished road. (+10) parttimeely is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Mineral water

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Usafootball3 View Post
    Thanks in advance
    Diet coke.

Srs, if you're afraid of soda. Drink water.

newtothelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) newtothelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) newtothelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) newtothelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) newtothelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) newtothelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) newtothelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) newtothelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) newtothelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) newtothelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) newtothelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Urine with a dash of peppermint and ginger is my favourite

dbman4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbman4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbman4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbman4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbman4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbman4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbman4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbman4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbman4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbman4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbman4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by newtothelift View Post
    Urine with a dash of peppermint and ginger is my favourite
    Oh boy, if you haven't tried this combo yet, URINE for a treat!!

bodymotif is a name known to all. (+5000) bodymotif is a name known to all. (+5000) bodymotif is a name known to all. (+5000) bodymotif is a name known to all. (+5000) bodymotif is a name known to all. (+5000) bodymotif is a name known to all. (+5000) bodymotif is a name known to all. (+5000) bodymotif is a name known to all. (+5000) bodymotif is a name known to all. (+5000) bodymotif is a name known to all. (+5000) bodymotif is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You can at least switch to Diet for now and then ease into plain old water or try flavored waters. Regular soda is pure sugar and calories.

Xax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    water.

digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digistp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Whiskey

eriadoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriadoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriadoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriadoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriadoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriadoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriadoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriadoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriadoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriadoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriadoc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This is what I struggled with for a long time. I may still yet, I don't know. But I haven't had a soda in a month now. I drink iced tea, and I use sugar. I avoid artificial sweeteners like the plague, after doing a research paper on them in organic chemistry class. Surprisingly, the Keurig makes a perfect 32 oz. glass of iced tea. I use one of those reusable K-Cup things and I use green oolong tea and Bigelow's Orange Spice tea. I put 4 tsp sugar in the glass along with one packet of NuNaturals Stevia. Then I pour that into a 32 oz. glass filled with ice. I can sip that for hours with water in between. That satisfies my sweets craving for only 60 calories (once a day), plus tea has a lot of beneficial properties.

As an alternative, you could mix a good quality soda extract like Zatarain's root beer extract into seltzer water with Stevia and/or sugar.

Sugar is my addiction, but I am down to 4 tsp of added sugar a day. It's tough. Good luck.

Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
    This is what I struggled with for a long time. I may still yet, I don't know. But I haven't had a soda in a month now. I drink iced tea, and I use sugar. I avoid artificial sweeteners like the plague, after doing a research paper on them in organic chemistry class. Surprisingly, the Keurig makes a perfect 32 oz. glass of iced tea. I use one of those reusable K-Cup things and I use green oolong tea and Bigelow's Orange Spice tea. I put 4 tsp sugar in the glass along with one packet of NuNaturals Stevia. Then I pour that into a 32 oz. glass filled with ice. I can sip that for hours with water in between. That satisfies my sweets craving for only 60 calories (once a day), plus tea has a lot of beneficial properties.

As an alternative, you could mix a good quality soda extract like Zatarain's root beer extract into seltzer water with Stevia and/or sugar.

Sugar is my addiction, but I am down to 4 tsp of added sugar a day. It's tough. Good luck.
    Good suggestion. Never been much of a tea drinker but may have to rethink that
    Thank you!

BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Crush some fruit, place onto a sieve, pour carbonated water over the crushed fruit into another bottle. Now you have a flavored soda drink. Then save crushed fruit remains for a smoothie later. Double win!
    Short term Goal: To cut back before bulking like a demon.
    Mid term Goal: To find myself.
    Long term Goal: To get what's mine.

67 lbs in 9 years and still counting... (started at 100lbs)

It's a hater's job to hate. So let them hate...