Page 16 of 152 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 116 ... LastLast
    izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    haha. it's all just people who talk funny though right?!

nice pr, looks like you oughta have another 5-10 on your max now

MouthForWar will become famous soon enough. (+50) MouthForWar will become famous soon enough. (+50) MouthForWar will become famous soon enough. (+50) MouthForWar will become famous soon enough. (+50) MouthForWar will become famous soon enough. (+50) MouthForWar will become famous soon enough. (+50) MouthForWar will become famous soon enough. (+50) MouthForWar will become famous soon enough. (+50) MouthForWar will become famous soon enough. (+50) MouthForWar will become famous soon enough. (+50) MouthForWar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Holy chit man, you just keep smashing PR's! I need to step my game up... and 5x10 on CGBP after your bench work must destroy your triceps... just a question, is lockout your weakness on bench and OHP? For me it definitely is, today on OHP I was literally a third of a rep away from setting a PR, then I just failed when all that was left was for me to extend my elbows a bit and I would have hit a PR. Wendler is a huge fan of dips, and I've started hitting those hard in the hope that they'll help with my tricep strength.
    531 BBB log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167257951&p=1357716941#post1357716941

NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by musclehead09 View Post
    Nice bench PR!
    Thanks man, looking forward to seeing your meet results!

Originally Posted by COBBER View Post
    Nice benching bro gains gains gains
    hehehheehe, thanks man, been impressed as hell by your log lately!

Originally Posted by izzygrant View Post
    haha. it's all just people who talk funny though right?!

nice pr, looks like you oughta have another 5-10 on your max now
    sh. fk u izzer. I went to Ontario once and people told me I talk funny . And my estimated max has been at exactly 240 for the last 3 sessions, and 239 the session before that LOL. Waaahh, wahhh, plateau. Just kidding tho, very happy with bench being at 240 now. And I do believe it should be about there, maybe less paused, because the 1RM formula has worked for me perfectly so far, when I tested with a true 1RM. I have a long way to go on the bench to get it to where I want it to be for the meet though..

Originally Posted by MouthForWar View Post
    Holy chit man, you just keep smashing PR's! I need to step my game up... and 5x10 on CGBP after your bench work must destroy your triceps... just a question, is lockout your weakness on bench and OHP? For me it definitely is, today on OHP I was literally a third of a rep away from setting a PR, then I just failed when all that was left was for me to extend my elbows a bit and I would have hit a PR. Wendler is a huge fan of dips, and I've started hitting those hard in the hope that they'll help with my tricep strength.
    Yeah the close grips definitely hit the triceps hard. And honestly, on the bench I don't think I have a weak point so much as I am just weak on the bench. But getting stronger! For OHP my problem is lockout though, I stall just above the head, that could be a technique thing too though. Dips should work well, I think that they hit all parts of the triceps pretty evenly, and I get a great contraction from them.
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/NorthStrongSC

Main Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155303583

After seeing a hard workout you may want to complain and want others to pity you for the work you have to do. Your mom will pity you. Your girl will pity you. I may pity you, but your competition will not pity you. They will step on you, walk over you and spit on you. � Boris Sheiko

1500 raw will be wrecked baxtej44's Avatar
    baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i'm going to be doing 5x10 dips twice a week on my pressing days until i can easily finish all of the reps. i'm sort of close to that now, but towards the last couple of reps on the last couple of sets i have to dig deep sometimes. dips are the pushing equivalent of pullups/chinups in my opinion.

MouthForWar will become famous soon enough. (+50) MouthForWar will become famous soon enough. (+50) MouthForWar will become famous soon enough. (+50) MouthForWar will become famous soon enough. (+50) MouthForWar will become famous soon enough. (+50) MouthForWar will become famous soon enough. (+50) MouthForWar will become famous soon enough. (+50) MouthForWar will become famous soon enough. (+50) MouthForWar will become famous soon enough. (+50) MouthForWar will become famous soon enough. (+50) MouthForWar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by NorthStrong View Post

Yeah the close grips definitely hit the triceps hard. And honestly, on the bench I don't think I have a weak point so much as I am just weak on the bench. But getting stronger! For OHP my problem is lockout though, I stall just above the head, that could be a technique thing too though. Dips should work well, I think that they hit all parts of the triceps pretty evenly, and I get a great contraction from them.
    Originally Posted by baxtej44 View Post
    i'm going to be doing 5x10 dips twice a week on my pressing days until i can easily finish all of the reps. i'm sort of close to that now, but towards the last couple of reps on the last couple of sets i have to dig deep sometimes. dips are the pushing equivalent of pullups/chinups in my opinion.
    Alright, thanks for the info guys... not to hijack your log, but I have another question. I started 5/3/1 for DL and Squat a few weeks before I did for Bench and OHP, so for squats and deadlifts I'm on the 3rd cycle with 5/3/1 week coming up, but for the bench and OHP, I just completed cycle 2. So far I have not deloaded at all but I'm pretty sure I need one now as I haven't been doing quite as well recently. Do you think it would be ok to also deload for squats and deadlifts despite the fact that I haven't completed the 3rd cycle for them? I would take a deload week for all lifts, then start cycle 3 for Bench and OHP, and finish the last week of cycle 3 for squats and deadlifts.
    531 BBB log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167257951&p=1357716941#post1357716941

NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Totally, dips are great. And dips to chins should be about a 1:1 I think for most people, although most people will have more strength potential on the dips.

Alright, thanks for the info guys... not to hijack your log, but I have another question. I started 5/3/1 for DL and Squat a few weeks before I did for Bench and OHP, so for squats and deadlifts I'm on the 3rd cycle with 5/3/1 week coming up, but for the bench and OHP, I just completed cycle 2. So far I have not deloaded at all but I'm pretty sure I need one now as I haven't been doing quite as well recently. Do you think it would be ok to also deload for squats and deadlifts despite the fact that I haven't completed the 3rd cycle for them? I would take a deload week for all lifts, then start cycle 3 for Bench and OHP, and finish the last week of cycle 3 for squats and deadlifts.
    If I were you I would just do the 5/3/1 week for your squat and deadlift, and do some bodybuilding days for your upper body, then after that just do a regular deload, then movve into the 5s week for all the lifts after that since they'll all be on schedule.

After seeing a hard workout you may want to complain and want others to pity you for the work you have to do. Your mom will pity you. Your girl will pity you. I may pity you, but your competition will not pity you. They will step on you, walk over you and spit on you. � Boris Sheiko

tom11 is a name known to all. (+5000) tom11 is a name known to all. (+5000) tom11 is a name known to all. (+5000) tom11 is a name known to all. (+5000) tom11 is a name known to all. (+5000) tom11 is a name known to all. (+5000) tom11 is a name known to all. (+5000) tom11 is a name known to all. (+5000) tom11 is a name known to all. (+5000) tom11 is a name known to all. (+5000) tom11 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Totally, dips are great. And dips to chins should be about a 1:1 I think for most people, although most people will have more strength potential on the dips.

If I were you I would just do the 5/3/1 week for your squat and deadlift, and do some bodybuilding days for your upper body, then after that just do a regular deload, then movve into the 5s week for all the lifts after that since they'll all be on schedule.
    I agree dips are a great exercise, in the first 1-2 years of my training I could do them just fine but now I am sure something in my shoulder isn't alright when I do them, clicking and some pain. Dips destroyed many other people's shoulders aswell so be careful. Bench press has a reputation of shoulder killer but dips while they don't have this name, they are certainly dangerous. That being said, if I could do them I would still do them, they feel great and give you a HUGE pump...

Btw dips and chins should not be 1:1, a normal person who can do 10 chins should be able to do 20+ dips, you press about 70-80% of your bodyweight only in dips.

531 C6W3 Deadlift

Agile 8 + Jump Rope
    Box Jumps 3x2
    Deadlift 235x5, 270x3, 300x5
    Squat 3x10 - 185
    Stiff Leg Deadlift 3x10 - 135
    Hanging Leg Raise 3x10
    s/s
    GHR 3x5

Today was decent considering the circumstances. I should have slept a lot more last night, not drank as much rum/beer, and eaten more food before the session. All that aside I am pretty happy with 300x5. The squats were awful, I like doing them in the higher rep range. Stiff legs were low back and glute/ham murder.

Was not too focused on the deadlifts today and they were not as good formwise as they should have been otherwise. Anyway, can't have all great sessions, but this one was ceratintly not bad. Press tomorrow.

Originally Posted by tom11 View Post
    I agree dips are a great exercise, in the first 1-2 years of my training I could do them just fine but now I am sure something in my shoulder isn't alright when I do them, clicking and some pain. Dips destroyed many other people's shoulders aswell so be careful. Bench press has a reputation of shoulder killer but dips while they don't have this name, they are certainly dangerous. That being said, if I could do them I would still do them, they feel great and give you a HUGE pump...

Btw dips and chins should not be 1:1, a normal person who can do 10 chins should be able to do 20+ dips, you press about 70-80% of your bodyweight only in dips.
    Yeah I sorta meant that when I said they had a bigger strength potential. I don't do them anymore just cuz I prefer to do my pressing with a barbell because it probably helps the bench more. I get no shoulder pain from either though, which is nice. Thanks for stopping by!

tom11 is a name known to all. (+5000) tom11 is a name known to all. (+5000) tom11 is a name known to all. (+5000) tom11 is a name known to all. (+5000) tom11 is a name known to all. (+5000) tom11 is a name known to all. (+5000) tom11 is a name known to all. (+5000) tom11 is a name known to all. (+5000) tom11 is a name known to all. (+5000) tom11 is a name known to all. (+5000) tom11 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    531 C6W3 Deadlift

Agile 8 + Jump Rope
    Box Jumps 3x2
    Deadlift 235x5, 270x3, 300x5
    Squat 3x10 - 185
    Stiff Leg Deadlift 3x10 - 135
    Hanging Leg Raise 3x10
    s/s
    GHR 3x5

Today was decent considering the circumstances. I should have slept a lot more last night, not drank as much rum/beer, and eaten more food before the session. All that aside I am pretty happy with 300x5. The squats were awful, I like doing them in the higher rep range. Stiff legs were low back and glute/ham murder.

Was not too focused on the deadlifts today and they were not as good formwise as they should have been otherwise. Anyway, can't have all great sessions, but this one was ceratintly not bad. Press tomorrow.

Yeah I sorta meant that when I said they had a bigger strength potential. I don't do them anymore just cuz I prefer to do my pressing with a barbell because it probably helps the bench more. I get no shoulder pain from either though, which is nice. Thanks for stopping by!
    Hehe, actually I have been watching your log for quite a bit and you have made nice progress! One thing I can say for sure, get strong as fuk at weighted chinups because they will help your bench and deadlift A LOT, at least they did with mine. Plus they will make your lats look like fooking baloons, at least they did with mine

Hehe, actually I have been watching your log for quite a bit and you have made nice progress! One thing I can say for sure, get strong as fuk at weighted chinups because they will help your bench and deadlift A LOT, at least they did with mine. Plus they will make your lats look like fooking baloons, at least they did with mine
    Oh lol, well thanks for following along lol. I haven't ever actually done a weighted chin up, but I do a lot of volume on them 2x per week. I am getting fatter and heavier right now so hopefully that counts as weighted LOL. I'd be happy with anything helping my deadlifts now. Bench has been moving tho!

dabucche will become famous soon enough. (+50) dabucche will become famous soon enough. (+50) dabucche will become famous soon enough. (+50) dabucche will become famous soon enough. (+50) dabucche will become famous soon enough. (+50) dabucche will become famous soon enough. (+50) dabucche will become famous soon enough. (+50) dabucche will become famous soon enough. (+50) dabucche will become famous soon enough. (+50) dabucche will become famous soon enough. (+50) dabucche will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well Northstrong said his lockout is stronger than off the floor, so in theory his back should be stronger than his legs. BUT his squat is stronger than his deadlift. A juicy paradox. My hypothesis is that you (Northstrong) should post up a video of your deadlift, I'm thinking your technique off the floor is lacking.

Originally Posted by dabucche View Post
    Well Northstrong said his lockout is stronger than off the floor, so in theory his back should be stronger than his legs. BUT his squat is stronger than his deadlift. A juicy paradox. My hypothesis is that you (Northstrong) should post up a video of your deadlift, I'm thinking your technique off the floor is lacking.
    I am the same, if the bar moves even 1 inch from the ground I can lock out it (even sometimes it won't look pretty). Front squats help a lot for strength off the ground. But even if his back is strong, it will never hurt him making it stronger. Especially considering that it helps on the bench too.

Oh lol, well thanks for following along lol. I haven't ever actually done a weighted chin up, but I do a lot of volume on them 2x per week. I am getting fatter and heavier right now so hopefully that counts as weighted LOL. I'd be happy with anything helping my deadlifts now. Bench has been moving tho!
    Yes, volume is good at them. In fact, this is exactly how I trained them, added extra weight only when I could do 5 sets of 10 with good form and with 4 minute max rest times. After this point I don't think there is a point of doing them unweighed though...

Originally Posted by dabucche View Post
    Haha I will when I can, I can't film at this gym without going through a big process first, but at the one at home I can record there so I will do that when I go home for the holidays. In fact I should be able to get a lot of videos of me benching, squatting and deadlifting. It's not as if I'm really weak off the floor and super strong at lockout, when things get heavy it's overall just hard. Actually today at lockout was hard, but that's because my form was off so I think I compromised my position and ended up paying for it at lockout.

I am the same, if the bar moves even 1 inch from the ground I can lock out it (even sometimes it won't look pretty). Front squats help a lot for strength off the ground. But even if his back is strong, it will never hurt him making it stronger. Especially considering that it helps on the bench too.

Yes, volume is good at them. In fact, this is exactly how I trained them, added extra weight only when I could do 5 sets of 10 with good form and with 4 minute max rest times. After this point I don't think there is a point of doing them unweighed though...
    I'm pretty strong at certain back movements but I am absolutely brutal at bent over rows with a barbell, and I am not good at rack pulls either which are both pretty hard back movements. I might try and figure out how to put them in the plan, perhaps doing the rack pulls after squatting, or something like that. IDK. And bent over rows are another lift where I don't know where to put them. I do DB rows for my heavy lat work because doesn't stress the low back which is already working quite a lot throughout the week.

I'm pretty strong at certain back movements but I am absolutely brutal at bent over rows with a barbell, and I am not good at rack pulls either which are both pretty hard back movements. I might try and figure out how to put them in the plan, perhaps doing the rack pulls after squatting, or something like that. IDK. And bent over rows are another lift where I don't know where to put them. I do DB rows for my heavy lat work because doesn't stress the low back which is already working quite a lot throughout the week.
    Only back work I do is weighed chins, db rows and facepulls to be honest mostly. No rackpulls and certainly no barbell rows, they may be a good exercise but my lower back simply can't recover from them AND deadlift and squat heavy the same week. Db rows = win.

Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Rum always makes for a great pre workout.
    the latest and greatest in training...or whatever.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177744461&page=3

runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Filmbuff81 View Post
    Wait...what?

531 C6W3 Press

Band Shoulder Warmup
    Press 100x5, 110x3, 125x7 PR
    Close Grip Bench 3x5 - 155
    DB Inclines 3x10 - 50s
    Pullups 50 Total
    DB Row 2x10 - 75s, 1x10 - 100s PR
    Poundstone Curls 30 reps

Solid workout today, it was supposed to be Friday but things were off track, but back to normal now. So another PR, which is nice. Close grips felt "EASY!!!!" (tm Rubish, 2009) today. DB Inclines sucked because I suck at them, so I am throwing DB work back in the mix 2x a week. Happy with DB row PR. The poundstone curls were cool too.

I did sumo deadlifts for the second time ever today, and I did a few reps of deficit deadlifts as well, I do these standing on a yellow 15 Kilo plate. Going to be doing deficits for high reps on squat day, and sumo rack pulls a bit heavier on deadlift day after the main work. Decided to incorporate these after reading some more of Dan Green's stuff. Assistance is actually different than I had planned about a week back but IDGAF. I'm doing paused squats after squats, then deficits. Incline after bench, then DB press. Sumo rack pulls to build the hips after deadlift, then front squats. Close grips after press, then DB inclines. Come at me brah.

Once the meet gets closer (like 2 cycles away) I'll start doing the competition lifts more often to work the technique more, but for now I figure I should keep things pretty general, and just focus on getting stronger, and then focus on getting better when the meet approaches.

Also, there is about a 0% chance that I will make the 198 class for the meet I think...might have to talk to the guy running it and see if it's OK for me to just switch into the 220 class, because I really do not want to bother wasting my energy on a cut for my first meet lol.

SKWATS tomorrow

Only back work I do is weighed chins, db rows and facepulls to be honest mostly. No rackpulls and certainly no barbell rows, they may be a good exercise but my lower back simply can't recover from them AND deadlift and squat heavy the same week. Db rows = win.
    Definitely, I do like DB rows a lot tho. Hit a PR on them today lol.

Hahah, yeaahh..

Originally Posted by runtocatch View Post
    Wait...what?
    ^^

Also, legal drinking age here is 19, 18 in Quebec lol. So no police.

1500 raw will be wrecked baxtej44's Avatar
    baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    yeah i would see if you can up your weight class. i definitely could have cut for my meet but i'm glad i didn't.

budreiser2 is just really nice. (+1000) budreiser2 is just really nice. (+1000) budreiser2 is just really nice. (+1000) budreiser2 is just really nice. (+1000) budreiser2 is just really nice. (+1000) budreiser2 is just really nice. (+1000) budreiser2 is just really nice. (+1000) budreiser2 is just really nice. (+1000) budreiser2 is just really nice. (+1000) budreiser2 is just really nice. (+1000) budreiser2 is just really nice. (+1000)
    So many inclines u tryna bodybuild bro???
    training log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168740593&p=1386688073#post1386688073
    IG: truebrofessor
    Best raw w/ sleeves lifts
    495/390/640

yeah i would see if you can up your weight class. i definitely could have cut for my meet but i'm glad i didn't.
    Just messaged him on FB and he said it was fine, and that you just get put in whatever class you weigh in at. He apparently runs very lifter friendly meets, so I am looking forward to competing there. This is the guy HamburgerTrain found the video of a while ago. Nice guy from what I can tell so far, and he pretty much single handedly brought powerlifting to Canada's East coast so I am definitely thankful of that!

Originally Posted by budreiser2 View Post
    So many inclines u tryna bodybuild bro???
    Haha you know it! Nah I just wanna get strong at all types of pressing. If you notice, I have 2 flat presses, 2 overheads, and 2 inclines. Getting your shoulders chest and triceps can never hurt a bench lol. A lot of guys get some benefit from the inclines as well.

izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    rum/beer = pre-workout carb loading

did you kill anyone with your sumos?

budreiser2 is just really nice. (+1000) budreiser2 is just really nice. (+1000) budreiser2 is just really nice. (+1000) budreiser2 is just really nice. (+1000) budreiser2 is just really nice. (+1000) budreiser2 is just really nice. (+1000) budreiser2 is just really nice. (+1000) budreiser2 is just really nice. (+1000) budreiser2 is just really nice. (+1000) budreiser2 is just really nice. (+1000) budreiser2 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Lolz I'm just ball busting. being well rounded isn't a bad thing.
    training log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168740593&p=1386688073#post1386688073
    IG: truebrofessor
    Best raw w/ sleeves lifts
    495/390/640

Originally Posted by izzygrant View Post
    rum/beer = pre-workout carb loading

did you kill anyone with your sumos?
    Beer = lookin shredded as fuk in the morning after tho. Also every time I drink, I end up at a MacDonalds, so I'm gettin dat macros namsyain.

And yeah, nearly killed the guy benching one platform over from me. It was only a plate too...Dan Green has said that he doesn't recommend people to just try and do sumo from the floor when starting, instead he starts on 4 inch blocks, and works down. Even though I pull conventional, doing some overload training with the sumo rack pulls seems like it'll help a lot to build dem hips, and work on my turrible groin flexibility.

I hope he writes a "Pillars of the Bench" article too..his squat and deadlift ones were good.

I'm gonna work in a few variations for 3 cycles, then switch one out for another.

http://www.jtsstrength.com/articles/...adlift-part-1/

http://www.jtsstrength.com/articles/...pillars-squat/

Pretty much he says that a good deadlift is built on the pillars of a strong Sumo Block Pull, Conventional Deficits, and some other variations, 2 notably being rep max deadlifts which I do in the 5/3/1 work, and either round or straight back stiff legs, which I currently am not doing.

Then for squats he says a good raw squat is built on the pillars of a strong High Bar Squat (which I do in a few cycles from now), Pause Squats, Front Squats, and Low Bar squats (which is my 5/3/1 squat).

So I'll work on the sumo rack pull (no blocks here), and conventional deficits for DL, and pause squats and fronts for my squat. Then I'll sub in some stiff legs and high bars in a few cycles perhaps.

Originally Posted by budreiser2 View Post
    Lolz I'm just ball busting. being well rounded isn't a bad thing.
    Hah I know, I just told my belly that it's good to be well rounded, I feel better now.

psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Isn't your meet in June? Why can't you get to 198?
    PL Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154662503

BTK!

First Meet 8/25/13 281/264/418 963 @198

5/24/14 352.5/286/462.5 1101 @242

Originally Posted by psychodiver9 View Post
    Isn't your meet in June? Why can't you get to 198?
    Yeah the meet is in June, but cutting would that mean I'd have to waste time cutting when I could be getting bigger and stronger and not worrying about it.

kmc06005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kmc06005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kmc06005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kmc06005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kmc06005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kmc06005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kmc06005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kmc06005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kmc06005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kmc06005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kmc06005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Why not cut and set WRs brah?

What is a Poundstone curl?
    More weight is always more impressive... ShortDave

Bench is not rocket science, it's quite easy to perform... Fredrik Smulter

Youtube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCmVOUy3IyAVqR2bFCoKzffw/videos

My BP log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171116851

Originally Posted by kmc06005 View Post
    Why not cut and set WRs brah?

What is a Poundstone curl?
    No power sugar = no world record

poundstone curls = take empty bar and curl it till it hurts too much to do any more, some people can get like 100-200 reps. I got 30..

they're good for elbow health tho

kmc06005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kmc06005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kmc06005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kmc06005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kmc06005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kmc06005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kmc06005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kmc06005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kmc06005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kmc06005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kmc06005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    No power sugar = no world record

poundstone curls = take empty bar and curl it till it hurts too much to do any more, some people can get like 100-200 reps. I got 30..

they're good for elbow health tho
    Very cool. If they help them bows then I need to start doing them. Mine get very tight after heavy bench sessions.

InB4 9 reps...
    More weight is always more impressive... ShortDave

Bench is not rocket science, it's quite easy to perform... Fredrik Smulter

Youtube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCmVOUy3IyAVqR2bFCoKzffw/videos

My BP log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171116851

Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Just go straight to SHW
    the latest and greatest in training...or whatever.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177744461&page=3

Originally Posted by kmc06005 View Post
    Very cool. If they help them bows then I need to start doing them. Mine get very tight after heavy bench sessions.

InB4 9 reps...
    Haha I'm sure you'll get more than 9. But definitely good for da bows!

Here's some vids.

He just called them carter curls because 200 reps so I think he deserves it lolol

Just go straight to SHW
    Haha, I think my best lifting will be in the 242s down the road, as long as I stay drug-free.

Page 16 of 152 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 116 ... LastLast