cassas00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassas00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassas00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassas00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassas00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassas00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassas00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassas00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassas00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassas00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassas00 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Starting Strength - Can I deadlift 3x week while I work on my squat

I've started SS but my squat form is not where it should be at the moment, I'm not flexible enough so while I work on my squat flexibility could I swap the deads and squat frequencies? I'm not able to go deep enough yet without falling backwards, thus not able to use heavy weight, to get any use out of them.

I don't want to stop as all my other lifts are progressing.
    "I want to grow. I want to be better. You Grow. We all grow. We're made to grow.You either evolve or you disappear. " - Tupac Shakur

PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It's just that the solution to "I'm having trouble squatting, working on my flexibility" isn't usually "do less squatting"...

At the least, I would keep squatting daily with light weight until your flexbility (or most likely your form) gets better...removing them seems like a bad idea if you're trying to get more flexible for them.

cassas00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassas00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassas00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassas00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassas00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassas00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassas00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassas00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassas00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassas00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassas00 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by PaulRivers View Post
    It's just that the solution to "I'm having trouble squatting, working on my flexibility" isn't usually "do less squatting"...

At the least, I would keep squatting daily with light weight until your flexbility (or most likely your form) gets better...removing them seems like a bad idea if you're trying to get more flexible for them.
    I don't mean removing them, I still plan to do light squats every day of the plan and squat type flexing every day but obviously the weight wont be heavy enough to stimulate muscle growth so would it be benificial to heavy dead three times a week to take advantage of my time and calorie surplus while I improve my squat?
    "I want to grow. I want to be better. You Grow. We all grow. We're made to grow.You either evolve or you disappear. " - Tupac Shakur

mdn217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mdn217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mdn217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mdn217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mdn217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mdn217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mdn217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mdn217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mdn217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mdn217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mdn217 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by cassas00 View Post
    I've started SS but my squat form is not where it should be at the moment, I'm not flexible enough so while I work on my squat flexibility could I swap the deads and squat frequencies? I'm not able to go deep enough yet without falling backwards, thus not able to use heavy weight, to get any use out of them.

I don't want to stop as all my other lifts are progressing.
    Have you tried Flat soled shoes or squatting in socks??

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Deadlift is not something you can do as frequently as squats... depends on weight being worked with of course. I would throw some front squats in - easier to get full depth.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Deadlift is not something you can do as frequently as squats... depends on weight being worked with of course. I would throw some front squats in - easier to get full depth.
    Yea I thought deadlifts may be too much at that frequency, Ill work in front squats to help me with form and flexibility

Originally Posted by mdn217 View Post
    Have you tried Flat soled shoes or squatting in socks??
    I always squat bare footed/socks

landus123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) landus123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) landus123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) landus123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) landus123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) landus123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) landus123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) landus123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) landus123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) landus123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) landus123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I see this a lot, from many varied sources. What's the reasoning? In regards of doing them 1RM or 10RM?

RamboJesus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RamboJesus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RamboJesus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RamboJesus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RamboJesus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RamboJesus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RamboJesus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RamboJesus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RamboJesus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RamboJesus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RamboJesus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by landus123 View Post
    I see this a lot, from many varied sources. What's the reasoning? In regards of doing them 1RM or 10RM?
    I dont care what anyone says about form. Deadlifting heavy weight puts a lot of strain on your shoulders and lower back. Squatting doesnt put nearly as much strain on your body in those areas.
    ***NEGGED BY MOD CREW***

"All That We Are Is the Result of What We Have Thought. The Mind Is Everything. What We Think, We Shall Become." -Buddha.

zerocoolflo is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocoolflo is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocoolflo is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocoolflo is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocoolflo is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocoolflo is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocoolflo is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocoolflo is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocoolflo is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocoolflo is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocoolflo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Don't modify the main program. It's programmed like that because Ripptoe knew exactly what he did when he put it like that.
    If I can help you in any way, send me a message with your thread question or question.

I wish you all a 2021 filled with growth.

PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yeah, I replied earlier, but I would say something like this to (the disadvantage is that now you have to learn front squat form...).

Rippetoe only recommends 1x5 for the deadlift in the regular program. He says the muscles used take longer to heal, and your weight goes up more with the deadlift, so to do less reps. In other words:
    Squat: Every workout, 3x5
    Deadlift: Every 2nd workout, and even then only 1x5

So I don't think doing a lot more deadlifts would be a good idea...

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by landus123 View Post
    They have a dramatic effect on fatigue levels. You move the largest amount of weight (or should be doing so) out of any full ROM lift. Also because you are pulling from a dead stop where the starting point is the hardest point of the lift (EVERYONE can rack pull more than they DL), this amps the fatigue levels even more. It's the close-to-failure use of large muscle groups that cause the most fatigue.