Thread: 20 rep squats

Samhinks will become famous soon enough. (+50) Samhinks will become famous soon enough. (+50) Samhinks will become famous soon enough. (+50) Samhinks will become famous soon enough. (+50) Samhinks will become famous soon enough. (+50) Samhinks will become famous soon enough. (+50) Samhinks will become famous soon enough. (+50) Samhinks will become famous soon enough. (+50) Samhinks will become famous soon enough. (+50) Samhinks will become famous soon enough. (+50) Samhinks will become famous soon enough. (+50)

20 rep squats

Any body do 20 rep squats?

how many sets, did/do you find any difference from the normal 3x10 rep sets?

cjfarden will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjfarden will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjfarden will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjfarden will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjfarden will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjfarden will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjfarden will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjfarden will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjfarden will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjfarden will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjfarden will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Samhinks View Post

Currently doing a power lifting routine so doing 7 sets of 3 reps with heavy weight. Made more gains this way that I ever have before. Everyone's different though but proves it's always worth trying out new things.

Tom Platz (known for having some of the best legs ever) used to do HUGE squat sets, up to 50 reps.

John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Samhinks View Post
    Yes, I have.

You do just ONE set, that's it. Pick your best 10 rep squats and then do 20, no kidding. The last few reps should look like you're not going to make it. Bang out all 20. You should be completely wasted after doing those 20, and if you're not, then you weren't using enough weight. This is all spelled out in the book, Super Squats.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I do 20 rep squats on occasion. Have for the last year (I haven't done them consistently for the last year, I've just rotated them in and out for the last year). I've always done heavier work sets by the time I get to them, which actually makes them mentally easier than if I didn't -- makes the first 6 reps feel light. As a general rule, if I complete all 20 reps, I won't be walking straight for the next 15min, which is a big difference from 3x10. 20 rep squats are a high dose of cardiovascular and pulmonary overload, and I've found that the muscles in my feet tend to give out faster than my thighs or glutes. It should go without saying, but you'd better have really reliable technique before you attempt these.
    SQ 172.5kg. BP 105kg. DL 200kg. OHP 62.5kg @ 67.3kg

Greg Everett says: "You take someone who's totally sedentary and you can get 'em stronger by making them pick their nose vigorously for an hour a day."

Sometimes I write things about training: modernstrengthtraining.wordpress.com