spinachcop is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Would trainers sell on a marketplace?

I've been mulling over this idea for a diet + meal plan marketplace where prospective clients can connect with trainers, buy training / diet advice from them, and maybe pay the trainer some monthly fee for regular consultations. I'm still reaching out to trainers to see what they think and the general response so far has been "sounds interesting". So, same question, is this an alluring concept or am I completely off-base here?

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    You and 3,023 other people before you have popped up on this forum with the idea of a website or app which would connect trainers with clients. And there exist many like this.

It's useless for PTs, since most people go to a gym or trainer who is at least 2 out of 3 of,

1. close to them
    2. a friend already goes there
    3. has the specialty or training style they particularly like

A webpage or app addresses the first and last points, but as yet none of them do anything that a google search can't. But it's an excellent way of employing people who make apps so that they don't make another Angry Birds or Pokemon Go, and thus serves a wider social purpose. Go for it.

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    As Kyle said, this is already on the market in tons of places and they keep coming up with more. I'm listed in professional directories for free (like TRX, pilates, Ideaconnect, etc) so even specialty people can find me if needed on those. But overall I hear these sites/apps don't bring in the money and tend to bring in "bargain shoppers" rather than committed/motivated clients.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by spinachcop View Post
    I've been mulling over this idea for a diet + meal plan marketplace where prospective clients can connect with trainers, buy training / diet advice from them, and maybe pay the trainer some monthly fee for regular consultations. I'm still reaching out to trainers to see what they think and the general response so far has been "sounds interesting". So, same question, is this an alluring concept or am I completely off-base here?
    There are no fitness apps that a hundred other health professionals/enthusiasts/students have not already thought of. None.
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.