Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Porphyry View Post
    What do you mean? Tennisfan's business plan inspired me to open my own gym.

I just have one question about my plan.... I have an elliptical trainer, some pink rubber dumbbells ranging from 1 to 7lb (I'm missing one of the 6lb dumbbells), A Bowflex AND a Weider multi-press station. I plan to target overweight Chinese women over 50 and Russian dwarves because I know they love to work out in dark rooms with poor lighting and no mirrors. I estimate there are 50 million of them in Houston, all of whom would want to join my gym, which is in my apartment. I know there's a huge market for a new gym here because there's a 24Hr fitness, an LA Fitness and a Lifetime Fitness just down the road from me. But my gym will be much better because I really understand women so I will constantly remind everyone how fat they are and will provide BBQ turkey legs to snack on while they work out.

My question is: should I charge $180 or $200/month? A new Crossfit gym just opened up near me and they're charging $150/month and they don't even have a Omron Bodyfat Electro Body fat Analysery thingy like I do.
    lol porphyry. You seem to really have all of this figured out. Your business plan=rock solid. Already a crossfit gym in town charging $150? Why not charge $250. It will surely be a success.

I just started talking to another bb.com member out of Ohio that can fabricate equipment. I am in the process of deciding how I want TRX straps to be hung. It is really tricky at this point to decide because it will really depend on the type of space I find. Completely separate from the main gym will be around a 600-800 square foot studio/multi purpose room. It will have hard wood floors, mirrors and great lighting. Right off the bat we will be using it for TRX and posing classes (bodybuilding, physique, figure, bikini) and renting it out to yoga or other group fitness instructors. Eventually we will invest in spin bikes. So the TRX mounts will either need to be on the ceiling (depending on height), on the walls, or some type of A frame that can be folded together on a hinge for easy storage. Currently my top picks are:

Something like this on all 4 walls. Would something like this even be possible on drywall or would it require concrete? Heavy bags could also be hung from these for group kickboxing.

An A frame like this could work as long as I would have somewhere to keep it when classes other than TRX are occurring. I don't know if this would be possible but I am imagining a heavy duty hinge at the top point of the A that would allow the two sides to scissor together creating a flat unit that could lean up against a wall for storage.

or with the right style ceilings
    Nothing is impossible.

()---() York Barbell Club #10 ()---()

jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000)

I just have one question about my plan.... I have an elliptical trainer, some pink rubber dumbbells ranging from 1 to 7lb (I'm missing one of the 6lb dumbbells), A Bowflex AND a Weider multi-press station. I plan to target overweight Chinese women over 50 and Russian dwarves because I know they love to work out in dark rooms with poor lighting and no mirrors. I estimate there are 50 million of them in Houston, all of whom would want to join my gym, which is in my apartment. I know there's a huge market for a new gym here because there's a 24Hr fitness, an LA Fitness and a Lifetime Fitness just down the road from me. But my gym will be much better because I really understand women so I will constantly remind everyone how fat they are and will provide BBQ turkey legs to snack on while they work out.

My question is: should I charge $180 or $200/month? A new Crossfit gym just opened up near me and they're charging $150/month and they don't even have a Omron Bodyfat Electro Body fat Analysery thingy like I do.
    Reps for a laugh and sharing a solid business plan.

Squating in the curl rack OutKlast's Avatar
    OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000)
    You should check out some of the videos on YouTube by Poliquin on building a personal training business.

RL Erik 'Iwhspr Fe comes' matrix563's Avatar
    matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I was expecting to see the new place all opened up. I am disappoint lol . Can't wait to see what building you put it in! You should definitely have a section with some endless pools. Do it . Maybe some saunas. Have it all!!!
    ▪█───────█▪ Equipment Crew #46 ▪█───────█▪
    ▪█───────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #21 ▪█───────█▪
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #33 ||---||

~ 5th dimensional being ~

twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hey Mike, I've been following you from the beginning and this couldn't be happening to a better guy, good luck.

Here's one suggestion when looking for a building though. The open warehouse spaces look great, but understand that they can be cost prohibitive to heat and cool, especially with Ohio winters. I would try limiting my ceiling heights to 12', and even then make sure that the space above is/can be insulated. Lots of fans will be needed to move air around, either from the ceiling, or walls. Check out the cost on theses if they don't come with the building. Also, don't forget to allow yourself room for changing/shower areas for both genders. Good luck.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

[]---[] Equipment Crew #42 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #18 ()---()

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

LMAO, reps en route to you mate. That^ is exactly why I gave up on that thread. OSUs gym thread is going to show how it should be done.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by twodog View Post
    Hey Mike, I've been following you from the beginning and this couldn't be happening to a better guy, good luck.

Here's one suggestion when looking for a building though. The open warehouse spaces look great, but understand that they can be cost prohibitive to heat and cool, especially with Ohio winters. I would try limiting my ceiling heights to 12', and even then make sure that the space above is/can be insulated. Lots of fans will be needed to move air around, either from the ceiling, or walls. Check out the cost on theses if they don't come with the building. Also, don't forget to allow yourself room for changing/shower areas for both genders. Good luck.
    Great advice. This is exactly why I started this thread. I currently have 12 foot ceilings and they work for nearly everything. I can only think of a few reasons why I would need taller ceilings such as tossing med balls up in the air or a climbing rope. I guess my endless rope knocks that need for a climbing rope out. I can't wait to start checking out spots. Sorry if I led you guys to believe that I had already opened the place up. I am extremely motivated to get this done soon though so once I find the spot it will be as quick of a process as possible.
    Nothing is impossible.

matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    here's an idea, http://store.titleboxing.com/fightin...bag-stand.html

I have one, the people I got it from said it wasn't stable enough for trx, so they drilled 2 holes in each leg base to mount it to the floor and then it was plenty fine for trx. plus the obvious use for heavy bags and double end bags.

Originally Posted by matrix563 View Post
    here's an idea, http://store.titleboxing.com/fightin...bag-stand.html

I have one, the people I got it from said it wasn't stable enough for trx, so they drilled 2 holes in each leg base to mount it to the floor and then it was plenty fine for trx. plus the obvious use for heavy bags and double end bags.
    that would be great but not for this use. It will be a multi-purpose room so whatever is used to mount the trx straps needs to be on the walls or able to easily and quickly break down to get out of the way so the room can be used for other things.
    Nothing is impossible.

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by OSUDimond View Post
    Sorry if I led you guys to believe that I had already opened the place up.
    When it's done, the thread title will be accurate....
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have to say that I was excited for you, but this thread turned into a premature ejac since you didn't actually have a gym space yet
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Best of luck OP, I just opened 2 gyms, they are great and a very satisfying fulfilling business. I went more commercial with one and more spit and sawdust with the other, I'll get some pics up to see what you think. I disagree with one of the other posters who said concentrate on the gym rather than equipment sales because they will either be people who set up against you or wont need to train if you sell them equipment, if they want it and dont get it from you they will just get it from someone else, selling equipment can be really profitable and also help massively with opportunities to expand your gym. I opened my first gym 10 years ago at the age of 20 and now I've started and sold 4 different gyms but since I've moved into selling equipment it's a lot easier to start one.

irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Also could someone link to the tennisfan thread?!

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Great advice. This is exactly why I started this thread. I currently have 12 foot ceilings and they work for nearly everything. I can only think of a few reasons why I would need taller ceilings such as tossing med balls up in the air or a climbing rope. I guess my endless rope knocks that need for a climbing rope out. I can't wait to start checking out spots. Sorry if I led you guys to believe that I had already opened the place up. I am extremely motivated to get this done soon though so once I find the spot it will be as quick of a process as possible.
    Check out DeFracos ceiling fan if you haven't already.

Might solve the ceiling height/ air movement issue. Higher ceilings can help cut down on noise. Warehouses are going to be the cheapest spaces to rent and they want high ceilings.

I know his is from this company, I think it is this model a lot of gyms use them.

http://www.bigassfans.com/applicatio...fitness-clubs/

For those doors you want credit card style digital locks so you know exactly whose come and gone and so you can cut trainers off cold without having to change the locks.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Originally Posted by irishmickk View Post
    Best of luck OP, I just opened 2 gyms, they are great and a very satisfying fulfilling business. I went more commercial with one and more spit and sawdust with the other, I'll get some pics up to see what you think. I disagree with one of the other posters who said concentrate on the gym rather than equipment sales because they will either be people who set up against you or wont need to train if you sell them equipment, if they want it and dont get it from you they will just get it from someone else, selling equipment can be really profitable and also help massively with opportunities to expand your gym. I opened my first gym 10 years ago at the age of 20 and now I've started and sold 4 different gyms but since I've moved into selling equipment it's a lot easier to start one.
    I completely agree with you. My equipment business is far too profitable to put to the side. I have held a fulltime job while running the equipment business for a while now so I know it is possible. I love working hard so I have no problem working all day everyday to get the gym going while continuing to flip equipment. Opening a gym without the equipment biz on the side would be a much more difficult task. Thanks for chiming in. I'm sure you have a lot of the answers to all the questions flying around in my head.

Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post

Might solve the ceiling height/ air movement issue. Higher ceilings can help cut down on noise. Warehouses are going to be the cheapest spaces to rent and they want high ceilings.

I know his is from this company, I think it is this model a lot of gyms use them.

For those doors you want credit card style digital locks so you know exactly whose come and gone and so you can cut trainers off cold without having to change the locks.
    Thanks for the info. Awesome cieling fan. A local gym owner has the key card system and also urged me to go that route. I think it is probably the best idea.
    Nothing is impossible.

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Congratulations!! Can't wait till you get it up and running.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #39 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #2 ▪█─────█▪

▪[[[[────]]]]▪ York Barbell Club #93 (DD) ▪[[[[────]]]]▪

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #10 ▪[M]====[6]▪

186lbs in Avatar

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There's a guy in the Lexington Ky. area that's a salesman for that fan company.
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Something like this on all 4 walls. Would something like this even be possible on drywall or would it require concrete? Heavy bags could also be hung from these for group kickboxing.
    This is possible with lag bolts installed properly (read: perpendicular to and centered on studs). I estimate each upright as pictured can support approximately 1,200-3,000 lbs of dynamic force. This really depends on lag screw length and diameter as well as lumber elasticity. If you install 2x lag screws measuring 4"x5/8" I estimate support for approximately 2,000 lbs of force. Same diameter but 6" length puts you much closer to 3,000 lbs. 3"x1/2" is the low end. Again, this is under ideal installation, so keep that in mind. If you are going to err while installing, there should be no mistakes vertically, but the lag can have some leeway horizontally if the head (where you apply torque) is higher than the tip. If the head is lower (think drilling up at an angle) then the formulas fall to shyte. Regardless, I think you could do this option with one upright per bag/person without having anything else besides two lags per upright. If you actually use a lag in all four holes, I'm estimating roughly 5,000 lbs of force could be supported assuming 6"x5/8" lags. Take all this with a grain of salt as my degrees are not in mathematics. That, and I'm some dude on the internet - definitely check with an engineer.

or with the right style ceilings
    For this, I don't imagine that the ceilings would be a limiting factor. You can use channel or I-beams if the ceiling height is too great and essentially fabricate a false ceiling. You would have the first row running North-South (for instance) closer to the roof, and then run a row East-West below that. You would obviously support the E-W row with the N-S row - they would be "touching" if you will, and fastened together. You could then run support channels from the roof supports through the center of the 4 mid-point corners (think a square half way inside the room that is where the most weight would need to be supported - it will support the center once the corners are reinforced). This can be done with cabling - it is a twisted wire designed to support great loads, like used in stadiums, etc. Finally, this would allow you to run bags that can slide to sides of the room or back out in the center along the channel. This option will be significantly more expensive.

I hope my explanations were clear. The first option would probably be the simplest/cheapest method since you wouldn't need any special permitting or professional installation. The second option would have to meet with local building codes, be permitted, and have to be installed by a company that specializes in commercial applications. Your A-Frame concept would obviously not require installation, but you would also lose the ability to do kickboxing in that room. I think that after a while of setting up and taking down you may get tired of the A-Frames. You might consider dedicating a room to kickboxing and TRX style applications, and do 2 studios - one with nothing but mirrors and one with a proper frame like matrix563 showed you - that is almost identical to the support we used in my MMA gym and it is fantastic. Either way, best of luck and I'm stoked to see your gym take shape!

Registered you, sir. trimble006's Avatar
    trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    No Bowflexes or ab loungers? Good luck finding members!
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #54 ▪█─────█▪

-✘- Edmonton Oilers -✘-
    -✘- Toronto Blue Jays -✘-

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Dude, this is awesome. If it can be done, you can do it.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

JB426 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB426 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB426 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB426 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB426 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB426 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB426 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB426 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB426 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB426 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB426 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Cool stuff man. Hope everything turns out great for your endeavors and I'm sure with your dedication it will.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    From one Ohioan to another, best of luck to you!!! You certainly look like you have the equipment/capital to pull it off, hopefully you have a specific business plan and strategy to compete with the larger facilities or specialize and bring something to the table that no other gym can provide. LA Fitness is running rampant these days, Columbus already has some renowned places for powerlifters, and Cross-fit gyms are becoming more and more popular these days. Hell, even after rebuilding my home gym I decided to keep my LA Fitness membership because when I renew for the first time it will be around $15 to $17 a month and I have nationwide locations. I wish you the ABSOLUTE best of luck, but I would be remissed if there wasnt a slight lump in my throat just thinking about opening a gym these days. I think it would be cool if a local gym provided a series of educational classes (Intro to advanced lifting) as opposed to soliciting personal training sessions, had certified CSCS's on hand to train groups of people for sports specific training, and possibly recruiting a cross-fitter PRO to do classes weekly that wouldnt empty your wallet.

Edit: One thing I have seen at a a local sports medicine place that I always thought a local gym should try, is a sports acceleration program. Would be cool if a local gym could provide some type of plyometrics, weight training, prowler pushing program for those aging athletes who want to get back into playing in adult leagues (Soccer, softball, basketball, ect). Just throwing some thoughts out there, I havent seen places market things in this manner (ex: $250 flat fee for 8 week program / 2-3 times a week). Of course, this would require someone with credentials to create such a program. Not sure what your background is other than store management, you may already be qualified or know coaches who could do this.
    Last edited by urbanlifter; 07-08-2013 at 01:47 PM.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

I went and checked out two spaces this morning. I am beyond excited. I will give some bullet points of the pros and cons for each spot. Shortly after finishing up we determined that we really don't want to go to small so the first 4000 option might be out already. This means for now this second 6000 square foot property is what we are focusing on. To make the second one fit we would need to remove one large wall and add in two smaller walls.

First space
    -4000 sq/ft
    -nearly new
    -Just off of major freeway
    -Garage door
    -long
    -nice finished clean entrance area
    -Not enough space to bring my equipment business into it
    -possibly not big enough after we add the showers and studio room.

second space
    -6000 sq/ft
    -loading docks
    -enough space for my equipment
    -tons of sapce for a great studio room
    -male/female bathrooms already in place
    -office in place
    -great location
    -space to expand
    -more storage space
    **the only concern is how much it will cost to demo a wall and build the next two. And really just to clean this one up a bit on one of the walls. The realtor assures me it isn't a huge deal and it can probably be worked into the lease. We will find out.

This is the large wall we would need to take down in order to extend the "gym" area to the full 75 feet and really open things up. A smaller wall would be added running perpendicular to the wall being taken down towards the back of the building to keep my gym equipment business separate.

Most likely use this room for showers and a small changing area.

I didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked. I got a couple videos but not sure how to post them from a photobucket account. The front area is pretty huge in this place so our plan is to move the door to the gym to the right and create a wall running from the open gym area to the glass up front. This area basically from the door all the way to the left corner will be the multipurpose room. The way it comes out it will probably be around 800-900 square feet.
    Nothing is impossible.

Sorry for being an idiot with the camera and not filming the way I should. I didn't plan on posting this so wasn't thinking

Nothing is impossible.

Location: Birmingham, Westmidlands, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000)
    damn that 6000sq ft one look nice!
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #4 -!!!---!!!-

fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post

I have installed one of those fans, things weigh a ****ing ****load and are a nightmare to get on the ceiling.
    New Evolution shat on me

-!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #7 -!!!---!!!-

"Were not talking about bodybuilding you fking retard. We're talking about Gorillas"

is it just me or does the second one seem like the ceiling is a tad shorter?

also, no interest in the pm I sent?

The ceiling may be shorter but it is still plenty tall enough. Sorry matrix I meant to get back. The only bar holder I have I need to keep. I am actually in the market for another one too.
    Nothing is impossible.

The ceiling may be shorter but it is still plenty tall enough. Sorry matrix I meant to get back. The only bar holder I have I need to keep. I am actually in the market for another one too.
    well it was more a lat bar holder and accessory organizer.

Originally Posted by matrix563 View Post
    well it was more a lat bar holder and accessory organizer.
    Oh you may be talking about the Troy accessory racks that I had? I sold them all.
    Was it this?
    Nothing is impossible.