imspence is on a distinguished road. (+10) imspence is on a distinguished road. (+10) imspence is on a distinguished road. (+10) imspence is on a distinguished road. (+10) imspence is on a distinguished road. (+10) imspence is on a distinguished road. (+10) imspence is on a distinguished road. (+10) imspence is on a distinguished road. (+10) imspence is on a distinguished road. (+10) imspence is on a distinguished road. (+10) imspence is on a distinguished road. (+10)

anyone have this rack apartment set up advice

Can't post links but am looking at a TDS cage on amazon. 72 inches high for like 310 shipped

I'm thinking about starting to lift at home in my apartment. I live on the first floor in a corner apartment that is about 900 sq ft. 8 ft cielings and about a 8x8 space for the rack and equipment I have fake wood floors which I'm worried about damaging and sort of worried about noise. My neighbor above me is cool and sometimes does woodworking during the day with loud tools so i doubt he would mind and id be lifting in the corner furthest from any shared walls.

I would like to get bumper plates just incase I drop one by accident any suggestions on brands that are inexpensive but quality?

Have looked at plans for platforms. Still deciding what to do about protecting my floor..

swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    STAND TALL AND SHAKE THE HEAVENS!!

"Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own." - 1 Corinthians 6:19

▪█─-─█▪ Equipment Crew #71 ▪█─-─█▪
    []---[] York Barbell Club #32 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #66 []---[]
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #6 ||---||

weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You may want to check out this thread. I started it to discuss the same rack you're looking at and decided to look elsewhere.

imspence is on a distinguished road. (+10) imspence is on a distinguished road. (+10) imspence is on a distinguished road. (+10) imspence is on a distinguished road. (+10) imspence is on a distinguished road. (+10) imspence is on a distinguished road. (+10) imspence is on a distinguished road. (+10) imspence is on a distinguished road. (+10) imspence is on a distinguished road. (+10) imspence is on a distinguished road. (+10) imspence is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Alright. I guess you get what you pay for. Thanks fellas!

cassas00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassas00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassas00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassas00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassas00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassas00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassas00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassas00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassas00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassas00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassas00 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I wouldn't get bumpers unless you do Olympic lifts. They are needlessly expensive and if you're not doing Olympic lifts them the only lift that could be dropped are deadlifts, still there is no need to drop them. Every other lift will be caught by the safeties in the rack.

Just buy some rubber mats for now, if you cannot afford a platform, or build your own, and lower them under control.

Rubber coated are quieter than iron plates, but still shouldn't be dropped.
    "I want to grow. I want to be better. You Grow. We all grow. We're made to grow.You either evolve or you disappear. " - Tupac Shakur

weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    As another knock against it, that particular rack will run you around $400 shipped. The outlet for Body Solid equipment (fitnessfactory.com, also discussed in that thread) was still offering GPR378 models for around the same price just a few weeks ago. The one I received was 79" high, which I believe would fit in your space.

I'm not sure whether having a 200+ lb power rack + weights in an apartment is such a good idea, but it gives you something to consider.

Originally Posted by cassas00 View Post
    I wouldn't get bumpers unless you do Olympic lifts. They are needlessly expensive and if you're not doing Olympic lifts them the only lift that could be dropped are deadlifts, still there is no need to drop them. Every other lift will be caught by the safeties in the rack.

Just buy some rubber mats for now, if you cannot afford a platform, or build your own, and lower them under control.

Rubber coated are quieter than iron plates, but still shouldn't be dropped.
    I was considering bumpers more for noise factor but you're right I won't be doing oly lifts and they're pricey.