dontstop1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Its time to cut, please take a look (detailed)

i am going on a summer cut, saved enough money to live at my own place and buy my own food so no more junk food and instant noodles.
    Anyway, my BMR is 2240 and i am going to start off with 1700 calories thats around 500 cals bellow maintenance.
    Macro ratio is going to be 50 p/ 30 c / 20 f
    more than 0.82p and 0.5 f per BW.

Meals timing
    breakfast
    lunch
    dinner
    preworkout(whey)
    4 meals a day

Now, what do u guys think? is 500 too low? the thing is, my life is guaranteed for the next 3 month(i can buy my own food and place) so ii am looking to start off a bit extreme

Yoy0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yoy0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yoy0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yoy0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yoy0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yoy0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yoy0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yoy0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yoy0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yoy0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yoy0 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dontstop1 View Post
    i am going on a summer cut, saved enough money to live at my own place and buy my own food so no more junk food and instant noodles.
    Anyway, my BMR is 2240 and i am going to start off with 1700 calories thats around 500 cals bellow maintenance.

Meals timing
    breakfast
    lunch
    dinner
    preworkout(whey)
    4 meals a day

Now, what do u guys think? is 500 too low? the thing is, my life is guaranteed for the next 3 month(i can buy my own food and place) so ii am looking to start off a bit extreme
    1 - Not that detailed
    2 - Why are you using percentages/ratios to calculate your macro needs? You don't need MORE than 0.82/lb of protein or 0.5/lb of fat per body weight (unless it's out of preference)
    3 - (and most importantly) BMR is how much calories you intake just to survive. Let me put this into perspective: If you go into coma, you need a daily intake of your BMR to survive. TDEE is your maintenance and I can almost guarentee you, heart and soul, that it's more than 2.2k with your stats.

You're setting yourself up for failure. 1700 is way too low.
    Last edited by Yoy0; 06-28-2013 at 03:43 AM.

KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Yoy0 View Post
    1 - Not that detailed
    2 - Why are you using percentages/ratios to calculate your macro needs? You should be consuming a minimum 0.82g/lb of protein and 0.4g/lb of fat per body weight (unless it's out of preference)
    3 - (and most importantly) BMR is how much calories you intake just to survive. Let me put this into perspective: If you go into coma, you need a daily intake of your BMR to survive. TDEE is your maintenance including activity and I can almost guarentee you, heart and soul, that it's 2.2k with your stats.

You're setting yourself up for failure. 1700 is way too low.
    This, with some slight adjustments for clarity (in bold).

OP, I'm >50lbs lighter than you, and 1600-1700c is what I cut on. Please see the stickies at the top of the forum to get a better handle on the appropriate numbers for you.

dontstop1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by KayPS View Post
    This, with some slight adjustments for clarity (in bold).

OP, I'm >50lbs lighter than you, and 1600-1700c is what I cut on. Please see the stickies at the top of the forum to get a better handle on the appropriate numbers for you.
    I would like to thank the both of u for ur feedback.
    @KayPS
    I was wondering what your BMR like and how much far are you bellow you maintenance?
    I am thinking of going 100-200 cals bellow M for the first week or two and judge on my progress based on what i see on the scale.
    does that sound like a fair thing to do? please be generous and share you knowledge

KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would like to thank the both of u for ur feedback.
    @KayPS
    I was wondering what your BMR like and how much far are you bellow you maintenance?
    I am thinking of going 100-200 cals bellow M for the first week or two and judge on my progress based on what i see on the scale.
    does that sound like a fair thing to do? please be generous and share you knowledge
    My BMR is around 1300. My TDEE is around 1900. I cut at around 1600.

Figure your BMR plus activity to get your TDEE (use the stickies to guide you), then deduct 10-20% to cut.

xTheFishx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xTheFishx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xTheFishx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xTheFishx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xTheFishx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xTheFishx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xTheFishx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xTheFishx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Best way to do this is read Emma's sticky like KayPS said. But, if you wanna be lazy like me you can just google TDEE calculator. IIFYM.com has one that seems fairly accurate.
    "The fitness & nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many things people worry about simply have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren’t worth an ounce of concern."

-Alan Aragon

Favs:
    alanaragon.com
    bodyrecomposition.com
    leangains.com
    emma-leigh.com

First cut: April 16th-June 30th (start: 173lbs end: 156lbs)
    First proper bulk: July 8th-whenever I feel like a fat turd

bunnybunny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybunny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybunny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybunny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybunny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybunny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybunny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybunny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybunny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybunny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybunny is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Meals timing
    breakfast
    lunch
    dinner
    preworkout(whey)
    4 meals a day

Are you exercising? BMR is if you were in a comatose state not moving.

Also don't use ratios.