the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000)

Zach G. - Mastering Your Shoulder Development.

Find out why you are more than likely doing front and side lateral raises WRONG, how to fix them and how to get boulder shoulders!

http://www.teenbodybuilding.com/zach9.htm

HOW TO REVIEW: Post Your Review Of This Article - CLICK ON POST REPLY BELOW! You do NOT need to be a registered member to post a reply in this section!

Bird4Three is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bird4Three is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bird4Three is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bird4Three is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bird4Three is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bird4Three is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bird4Three is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bird4Three is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bird4Three is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bird4Three is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bird4Three is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good article. If the follwing sentance is true (I want to try it out during my next shoulder work-out) then I will have gained some valuable insight....
    "Think of your hand like your shoulder. Make a fist. This is now your shoulder, for all intents and purposes. The thumb side is your front delt, the back of your hand is the side, the pinky side is your rear delt. Whichever side is facing the ceiling is the one that's getting used."
    A winner is someone who recognizes his God given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals. - Larry Bird

AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000)
    The article is a bit vain...

Bird4Three is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bird4Three is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bird4Three is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bird4Three is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bird4Three is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bird4Three is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bird4Three is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bird4Three is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bird4Three is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bird4Three is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bird4Three is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by AJbuilder
    The article is a bit vain...
    Bodybuilding by definition is kind of vain. However, considering all the "How You Can Be a Fitness Model" and "Gain An Inch On Your Arms" articles on Bodybuilding.com, I would say this article is less vain than most.

I think it had some quality training tips and was well thought out.
    A winner is someone who recognizes his God given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals. - Larry Bird

d-LiftStyles-b has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It is true, I have used this method now for awhile after watching someone else do it and I was like "duh" 'why didnt I think of that'. It is the best, and Im here to learn anyway so I didnt find the passage offensive. In fact it peaked my interest. Dissapointing as it was to find out that was all, and that I was doing it right.
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science."
    -Albert Einstein

Not-Registered1

hmmmm

This is the guy telling us were training shoulders wrong? I'm sure he's trying but to come on here like he has some kind of special routine the rest of us don't know about well...........

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attach...postid=1353752

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attach...postid=1000436

AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: hmmmm

Originally posted by Not-Registered1
    This is the guy telling us were training shoulders wrong? I'm sure he's trying but to come on here like he has some kind of special routine the rest of us don't know about well...........

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attach...postid=1353752

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attach...postid=1000436

bump

Joka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This article has simplified the biomechanics of the deltoid far too much, it simply is not that simple.

What's more, is issolating the ant. Delt is not important for shoulder development, given the ant. delt is synergistic in many other lifts such as the bench press and dips, hence issolating it specifically is not necessary. Furthermore the ant. delt is also largely active in the basic military press, hence no real need to issolate it.

If anything, this article failed to emphasise the importance of specifically targeting and developing the post. delts. It is quite common for them to be neglected, resulting in major imbalances between the ant and post delts, causing the gh to be pulled anteriorly, compromising the integrity of the joint significantly.

An interesting article, but there are many other better ones.
    Good Times

JK

BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000)
    fair article but there should have been compound shoulders movements (like some type of press) instead of front lateral raises as they more effecitvely develop the shoulders and place lots of stress on the front delts. I don't really think the side lateral raises would be too needed either unless your side delts were undeveloped.
    "Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac." -Henry Kissinger

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster . . . for when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Friedrich Nietzsche

EatProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EatProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EatProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EatProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EatProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EatProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EatProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EatProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EatProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EatProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EatProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    so rry kid I think I am goin to take Jay Cutlers advice over yours. Your shoulder routine is the worst i have ever seen. No pressing compound movement? Keep your mouth shut and you wont embarass your self

timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    All those isolation movements......

I'll stick to my compounds thnx.

A. Royle

Thumbs up Shoulders

Actually, a very good article - interesting points raised here.
    I don't think the author was trying to get people to change their routines, merely not to forget the importance of the visual impact of shoulders.