Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    I just want to say that I am grateful for what I have, God has blessed me and I thank him daily. It just makes me sick to my stomach, actually it infuriated me when i heard she bought a 3 family house and will be making even more money from it.

I would be happy for them if it were done legitimately, but to know what they do and how they can brag about it, just got to me today.

I guess I just need to keep it moving and STFU.

End of rant guys, thanks for the good vibes...
    I get where you're coming from. I see some of this crap too but not with family members. I have to admit that I wish sometimes I could have all the shiny things these people do but in the end I would not trade my integrity and self worth for material possessions, and I don't believe you would either. Take pride in the fact that you've done the right thing by your family and nothing (at least in my book) means more in this life. You seem like a real good man so I say you have A LOT to be thankful for and proud of. Props to you....

My only question to you though would be this - Do they have a better collection of kicks than you do???? I doubt it..

ETA - John, I'm sure that when you go to sleep at night you have a clear conscience. No amount of money can possibly buy you that, so in many ways you are far richer than they will ever be.....
    Last edited by sakustoms; 06-27-2013 at 04:49 AM. Reason: Forgot something

sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Joog View Post
    Know how you feel BH. I've seen similar situations in my home city.
    What probably gets to me the most is not what material things they have; it's when they use their money to go legit and work their way up to local government and are lauded as business and community leaders. Shining examples for all of us plebs...LOL

The regular citizens don't realize how these people got their power.

Although a few of the people I speak of are old friends, I still take pleasure in laughing at them when they talk about the value of "hard work"
    Too true... So much of this in America. I can only imagine how much "old money" was accumulated through dishonest means.

Built Upon Struggle FlaIronMind's Avatar
    FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've already given my .02 in this earlier, and, I've also posted this clip in this forum before. But, it bears re-posting. And, it is awesome. Point blank and period.

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    John: I understand the emotions you are feeling, and there is nothing wrong with venting those feelings, here, among your friends....

even though you have done the right things, as I have in my life, sometimes, we cannot help but to wonder.....
    Lift as MUCH as you can, for as MANY reps as you can,
    while in complete control of the exercise.

ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I just don't understand why people spend some much time and energy worrying about what other people have or what their doing.

ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    BH -- let my friend Johnny weigh in on the subject.

And, should everything come crashing down on those you speak of, their moments of pain will far outshadow any satisfaction they've gotten from the materials they've acquired up to that point. You got it all, anyway...job, home, family. Think of how many people don't have that.

FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ChickenPauk View Post
    BH -- let my friend Johnny weigh in on the subject....

...like I said earlier, one day there will be an accounting. How are things gonna add up?

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dbx View Post
    Yes, you do, and you are prolific about it every time

Welcome to the republican party! (vry srs )
    Compared to trying to figure out how I'm going to feed my children until payday because of my payroll taxes and medical bills, I'd gladly have Mitt in the White House right now.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ultim8-one View Post
    I just don't understand why people spend some much time and energy worrying about what other people have or what their doing.

IDGAF what someone does, legally. I do not like criminals, and I feel pretty good about that.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Who would of thought that people on a forum would make someone feel good

Thanks everyone for the uplifting post and the positive vibes.

As I said before I really would be happy for them if it were done legitimately, but doing so in the manner that you have done, then bragging about it on FB and IRL, well that is just a little too much even for this hardknock guy.

Once again thanks guys and gals, reading this thread has made me feel 100x better, real talk.
    On the list for Bannukah

doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Who would of thought that people on a forum would make someone feel good

Thanks everyone for the uplifting post and the positive vibes.

As I said before I really would be happy for them if it were done legitimately, but doing so in the manner that you have done, then bragging about it on FB and IRL, well that is just a little too much even for this hardknock guy.

Once again thanks guys and gals, reading this thread has made me feel 100x better, real talk.
    happy we were all able to pick you up a bit there dude.... your welcome.
    Ride it like you just stole it.

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This issue goes way beyond "what other people do". It has everything to do with the injustice of reward for irresponsible behavior. Whether it's criminal activity or "consumer bailouts", those of us who do the right thing and live responsibly are getting fucked while criminals and irresponsible cowards reap the rewards.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

stealpulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stealpulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stealpulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stealpulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stealpulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stealpulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stealpulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stealpulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stealpulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stealpulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stealpulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Fulfillment has different meanings for each person. Your life sounds pretty fulfilling to me.

Everything else is just "stuff". Stuff that will one day be broken, old, and useless. Or otherwise remain behind long after you leave the earth.

I like stuff, but I try not to place it above the things that I find fulfilling. I don't always do a good job of that, but I find I am getting better at it with age.

You are doing just fine man.
    Thick. Solid. Tight.

ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by FlaIronMind View Post

...like I said earlier, one day there will be an accounting. How are things gonna add up?
    ^^ Yeah, so much better than my pick! How on earth am I not as familiar with this one! I feel like my cash fan card must be revoked at the moment....

kh971 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kh971 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kh971 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kh971 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kh971 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kh971 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kh971 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kh971 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kh971 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kh971 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kh971 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Let me put it another way,........friends hang around you and want to be around you for who you are and what you are. People hang around the other person for what they can get from them.

I have often said about my friends, that I can phone them from the Seventh level of Hell and ask them to get a cup of ice and come and get me.......and none would hesitate.

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I posted that song by Johny Cash on my FB timeline and left a message. Pretty kool song
    On the list for Bannukah

I posted that song by Johny Cash on my FB timeline and left a message. Pretty kool song

Amen brother.

Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by ChickenPauk View Post
    ^^ Yeah, so much better than my pick! How on earth am I not as familiar with this one! I feel like my cash fan card must be revoked at the moment....
    Originally Posted by FlaIronMind View Post

Amen brother.
    That's actually one of my favorite Cash songs, neck and neck with 'The Wanderer'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3YFmpSFJ40

ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Marius_Ursus View Post
    This issue goes way beyond "what other people do". It has everything to do with the injustice of reward for irresponsible behavior. Whether it's criminal activity or "consumer bailouts", those of us who do the right thing and live responsibly are getting fucked while criminals and irresponsible cowards reap the rewards.
    I get that .. and I agree. I respect BodyHard .. he seems like a very hard worker and a fantastic family man ... however I just don't see it as a good use of my time and energy to lament over the workings of others .. whether they're legal or not. And I'm glad he came here to vent as opposed to confronting someone over the whole thing.

paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There is a very, very old saying from the 'Good Book' ~ "You reap what you sow." Another comes to mind..."If you sow to the wind, you'll reap the whirlwind." Don't ever be envious of ill-gotten gains brother. What looks easy and effortless comes with its' own baggage. And it's ugly baggage!
    Last edited by paolo59; 06-30-2013 at 04:36 PM.
    paolo59

"If you're going through hell, keep going!" Winston Churchill

Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I normally don't let sh!t that goes on around me bother me to the point of being fed up, but today I just had it. I told my wife, we do everything the right way and we don't get sh!t in return! Let me explain.

My wife and I have raised our kids the correct way (keep in mind they were raised in the South Bronx and the majority of friends/family are involved in something illegal one way or another) and they all have decent jobs and good homes and wonderful children.

But today a very close individual to us bought a 3 family house and she is renting it out, she has also opened up her own business (along with her partner in crime) and none of it is legit, what I mean by that is the money is dirty.

Yet they have it all right now, I know getting upset is not going to make anything better but damn I am fed up with doing the right thing and having so little in return. I see my children doing their thing, getting up going to work, paying their bills, doing their everyday grind and yet these family members, sleep as long as they want, come and go as they please and then making serious money at the same time, it just makes me sick inside.

I want to be happy for this individual as she just bought the house today and is ecstatic, but I can't, I am just too damn upset and maybe a little jealous at the same time.

End of rant.
    Karma has a way of "taking care" of people like that you know...

I think you should be happy that you're a good parent and your kids turned out so well. You can rest easy knowing they won't pull that sh*t.