YANABA29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) YANABA29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) YANABA29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) YANABA29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) YANABA29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) YANABA29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) YANABA29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) YANABA29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) YANABA29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) YANABA29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) YANABA29 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Need some advise

This is the first time I have actually stuck with a program. I hate cardio and have endured previous knee injuries. I need to build muscle and gain my strength back. I am a little confused because I know you can't do both gain muscle and cut. I weigh 240 and I am wondering if I should gain muscle first or cut first or vise verse? Any advise would be helpful, its kind of why I never stuck with a program bc it never made since to eat like a pig when I look like one to gain muscle, I have been so confused.
    "Beginnings are usually scary and endings are usually sad, but it's everything in between that makes it all worth living."
    - Sandra Bullock in "Hope Floats"

if you believe in something don't let anyone take it away from you don't let anyone put you down about it. Follow your dream until you have achieved it
    - aimee blunt

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What is your goal? Are you looking to lose weight or do you just want to get up your strength?

You are almost 100lbs overweight so you would be carrying a decent amount of muscle mass already. I would go on a good long cut until you get off the extra weight. You might be surprised to find that you had a decent base already, you just can't see it.

YANABA29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) YANABA29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) YANABA29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) YANABA29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) YANABA29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) YANABA29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) YANABA29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) YANABA29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) YANABA29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) YANABA29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) YANABA29 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by sonti View Post
    What is your goal? Are you looking to lose weight or do you just want to get up your strength?

You are almost 100lbs overweight so you would be carrying a decent amount of muscle mass already. I would go on a good long cut until you get off the extra weight. You might be surprised to find that you had a decent base already, you just can't see it.
    I know I need to lose weight and I know I need to get my strength back, but I am absolutely terrified to gain anymore. Is it possible to do both?
    "Beginnings are usually scary and endings are usually sad, but it's everything in between that makes it all worth living."

if you believe in something don't let anyone take it away from you don't let anyone put you down about it. Follow your dream until you have achieved it
    - aimee blunt

girlygirl0010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) girlygirl0010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) girlygirl0010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) girlygirl0010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) girlygirl0010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) girlygirl0010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) girlygirl0010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) girlygirl0010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) girlygirl0010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by YANABA29 View Post
    I know I need to lose weight and I know I need to get my strength back, but I am absolutely terrified to gain anymore. Is it possible to do both?
    I am no professional, but I started out at 215 lbs and am cutting while lifting, I am not trying to "build" muscle, I am trying to get rid of the fat first, while holding onto the most muscle I can. I have a goal weight in mind, but I am watching my progress photos to tell me when I can turn over to building muscle phase. You are going to have to get rid of your fat in order to see the muscle...you can build strength while you are cutting, my lifts are getting heavier, but you won't really know what is up with the muscle underneath until you actually see it.

Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by YANABA29 View Post
    At 100 pounds over weight the first concern should be to lose fat. That can be done with diet alone. Read the stickys in the nutrition forum and go from there

Originally Posted by Cara0915 View Post
    At 100 pounds over weight the first concern should be to lose fat. That can be done with diet alone. Read the stickys in the nutrition forum and go from there
    Then that is what I am going to focus on a long cut. Thank you for you input.

- aimee blunt