Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    bigboyjohny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

great

Great post

JethroTheGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I honestly didn't know that bad breath could be a symptom of dehydration

Tentov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tentov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tentov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tentov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've always wondered if drinking too much water can cause any problems?

Sometimes when I'm at home I use to drink ~15 liters of water (for the entire day).

I am not forcing myself to it, it' just what I do...

Great thread by the way.
    “Sometimes life’s gonna hit you in the head with a brick, don’t lose faith - hit the f***er back” - Steve Abs

AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Tentov View Post
    I've always wondered if drinking too much water can cause any problems?

Sometimes when I'm at home I use to drink ~15 liters of water (for the entire day).

I am not forcing myself to it, it' just what I do...

Great thread by the way.
    Yeah too much can flush out all your electrolytes which can be fatal.
    There have been reports of people who were forced to drink over 10 liters in less than 3 hours which died.

pulledup is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pulledup is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pulledup is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pulledup is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pulledup is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pulledup is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pulledup is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pulledup is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pulledup is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pulledup is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pulledup is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I now hydrate so much more than I used to and I have too say they arn't lying. Hydration helps with literally everything in life.

AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by pulledup View Post
    I now hydrate so much more than I used to and I have too say they arn't lying. Hydration helps with literally everything in life.
    Who is "they"?
    I wrote this article^^

Registered User theandrewgrover's Avatar
    theandrewgrover has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theandrewgrover has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theandrewgrover has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theandrewgrover has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theandrewgrover has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I drink about 101 ounces per day from my water jug I purchased at Walmart for a dollar. I usually refill it and use it for about a week, (with occasionally cleaning it out, of course). I even call her Delilah lol. Anywho, before I started working out (at age 16), I drank about 80 ounces per day in order to clear up my acne. I had heard that It drives out all the impurities from the system. I later found out that out that water helps energize the body, and repair muscle fibers.

In summary, drinking water can help you obtain clean healthy looking skin, repair muscle fibers, and energize your body significantly throughout the day. In fact, I've replaced coffee with water because its given me such great energy.

eoghankid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It should be noted that very few people on this site would be dehydrated anyways, Studies tend to be done on fasted individuals etc, hard to know how this would compare to someone who eats regularly with a high protein diet. I don't believe that If i was to drink the usual amount of water I do (5-6 litres) vs a day of just drinking a litre that my bench would drop from 97.5 to 80-85? Study was badly laid out so I didn't pay too much attention to it but did it take into account all liquids plus the liquids in the foods we eat etc?

I'll probably get abuse for my lack of posts and join date but I've been lurking for well over a year and read so many threads so don't start that please.
    "Besides, it is a disgrace to grow old through sheer carelessness before seeing what manner of man you may become by developing your bodily strength and beauty to their highest limit. But you cannot see that, if you are careless; for it will not come of its own accord.”

Socrates.

The best way to predict your future is to create it.

Originally Posted by eoghankid View Post
    I don't believe that If i was to drink the usual amount of water I do (5-6 litres) vs a day of just drinking a litre that my bench would drop from 97.5 to 80-85?
    Because that short amount of time might not be enough to get you at a 4% dehydration level. But I bet if you drank 1 litre a day for 2-3 days your bench would certainly drop.

CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by AlexTheNewbie View Post
    That's worth all the benefits I stated above.

Especially the strength improvements

A person with 3% dehydration will lift 80Kg instead of 100Kg. Quite a difference now isn't it?
    must be difficult to get 3% dehydrated tho?

Ive been dehydrated before and didnt lose 20% of my strength but i couldnt tell you how much % i was dehydrated.

You do get a lot of water from your diet as well so no need to start drinking 10L a day. i average 4-5L i tend to drink about 2L at the gym alone :P
    Im doing it right

12 Months In
    138lb - 170lb and counting...

**Hairy as Fack but not on my back crew**
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

Currently racing danielaq12 to a 100KG bench

Originally Posted by CompoundUK View Post
    must be difficult to get 3% dehydrated tho?

Ive been dehydrated before and didnt lose 20% of my strength but i couldnt tell you how much % i was dehydrated.

You do get a lot of water from your diet as well so no need to start drinking 10L a day. i average 4-5L i tend to drink about 2L at the gym alone :P
    Noone ever said 10 liters lol. 3-4 are enough already.

mosayf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mosayf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mosayf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mosayf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mosayf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mosayf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mosayf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mosayf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mosayf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mosayf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mosayf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    thank u for that great article

BulkUpOnVibes will become famous soon enough. (+50) BulkUpOnVibes will become famous soon enough. (+50) BulkUpOnVibes will become famous soon enough. (+50) BulkUpOnVibes will become famous soon enough. (+50) BulkUpOnVibes will become famous soon enough. (+50) BulkUpOnVibes will become famous soon enough. (+50) BulkUpOnVibes will become famous soon enough. (+50) BulkUpOnVibes will become famous soon enough. (+50) BulkUpOnVibes will become famous soon enough. (+50) BulkUpOnVibes will become famous soon enough. (+50) BulkUpOnVibes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good Sticky, but everything you've mentioned was almost word for word on what Scooby has said in his video he uploaded on June 20th, 2011.

Here is the link
    ww.youtube.com/watch?v=XF620V-4L0Q

add another w^ because with my post count I cant submit links.

RandyRenaud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You are doing a good job buddy. Its really important to have lots of water. Its not only important for muscle development, but its also very important for our overall body and brain development. the more we have it, better will be the functioning of brain and body. I thinnk you must have experienced it by now.keep the good work on.

shinelight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    great thread. I am drinking 2-4l per day sometimes even more it helps alot. anyway when i drink watter i fell alot better after i found that energy on water i just even dont look at coca cola.

Bodybuild3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bodybuild3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bodybuild3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bodybuild3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bodybuild3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bodybuild3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bodybuild3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bodybuild3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bodybuild3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bodybuild3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bodybuild3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Pretty cool post. I don't think over-hydration is 'that' big of a deal unless you just drink an absurd amount, and that usually doesn't happen.

I'm amazed by those people who never drink water and they mainly drink **** like Soda and all.
    Donate to St. Jude: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173739861&page=1

Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173801781

ML806441 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ML806441 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ML806441 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ML806441 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ML806441 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ML806441 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ML806441 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ML806441 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ML806441 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ML806441 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ML806441 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I love drinking water and I try to drink as much as possible during my workout. It tastes so good and makes you feel great!

esho is on a distinguished road. (+10) esho is on a distinguished road. (+10) esho is on a distinguished road. (+10) esho is on a distinguished road. (+10) esho is on a distinguished road. (+10) esho is on a distinguished road. (+10) esho is on a distinguished road. (+10) esho is on a distinguished road. (+10) esho is on a distinguished road. (+10) esho is on a distinguished road. (+10) esho is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Veryyyyyy good post dude. Seriously, i struggle so hard to even get a gallon a day in. I barely ever do. Deff gunna try a little harder lol thanks

Kumar619 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks a lot dude, I too have the symptom of exhaustion and headache and yeah sleep too. I hardly drink 2 liters of water..
    After reading this, I will start drinking 5 liters from now onward.

Ricardomonica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Very nice article, I've always drank a lot of water, tho I have to pee every freaking 30 minutes, I know I'm hydrated when my pee is transparent, so it tells me that I'm doing good :b

blackra1n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blackra1n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blackra1n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blackra1n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blackra1n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blackra1n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I noticed a difference..... like pissing every 30 min or so.

tomlaw91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomlaw91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomlaw91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomlaw91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomlaw91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomlaw91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomlaw91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomlaw91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomlaw91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomlaw91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomlaw91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Excellent thread.
    Don't forget guys if, like me, you like water while working out but not while you're not working out or not thirsty, you can always add BCAAs to your drink. I'd suggest not sticking to the recommended serving size though. One scoop per 250mL water sweet as fuark. I'll dilute about 3/4 scoop for approx 750mL
    When people are doubting you, when people are badgering you to get tanked every weekend, when people claim you're boring, just remember you're doing this for you. No one else. If people are too narrow minded to acknowledge your sacrifice, your blood, sweat and tears, your hard work and your happiness to better yourself as a person, they aren't worth it. Simple as that.

Originally Posted by RandyRenaud View Post
    You are doing a good job buddy. Its really important to have lots of water. Its not only important for muscle development, but its also very important for our overall body and brain development. the more we have it, better will be the functioning of brain and body. I thinnk you must have experienced it by now.keep the good work on.
    Originally Posted by Bodybuild3 View Post
    Pretty cool post. I don't think over-hydration is 'that' big of a deal unless you just drink an absurd amount, and that usually doesn't happen.

I'm amazed by those people who never drink water and they mainly drink **** like Soda and all.
    Originally Posted by esho View Post
    Veryyyyyy good post dude. Seriously, i struggle so hard to even get a gallon a day in. I barely ever do. Deff gunna try a little harder lol thanks
    Originally Posted by Kumar619 View Post
    Thanks a lot dude, I too have the symptom of exhaustion and headache and yeah sleep too. I hardly drink 2 liters of water..
    After reading this, I will start drinking 5 liters from now onward.
    Originally Posted by Ricardomonica View Post
    Very nice article, I've always drank a lot of water, tho I have to pee every freaking 30 minutes, I know I'm hydrated when my pee is transparent, so it tells me that I'm doing good :b
    Originally Posted by tomlaw91 View Post
    Excellent thread.
    Don't forget guys if, like me, you like water while working out but not while you're not working out or not thirsty, you can always add BCAAs to your drink. I'd suggest not sticking to the recommended serving size though. One scoop per 250mL water sweet as fuark. I'll dilute about 3/4 scoop for approx 750mL
    Fuaark so many thank posts. Feelsgoodman.jpg

Glad I was helpful! I really appreciate it.

RichRich087 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i was of the same opinion as you about the whole water situation and tried to drink 2+ liters a day but then i came across this article and it raised a couple of question any input on the article?
    thankyourbody dot com/drinking-too-much-water/
    deadlift:170kg x 5 reps
    squat:120kg x5
    standing shoulder press: 70kg x5
    row:82.5kg x5
    bench press:105kg x5

bodyweight 88-90kg
    height: 1.95-1.96 meters
    bodyfat: not really sure never got it checked but i would say about 7.5-8.5% according to bodybuilding.com

yuliyan27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Very informative thread thanks!

tjbdef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Amen. Didn't realize why I had consistent headaches working over the summer.. I started guzzling a gallon to a gallon an a half a day and they vanished, along with that tired feeling. Haven't noticed any strength gains, but damn do I feel better.

amdokar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) amdokar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) amdokar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    thanks

amdokar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) amdokar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) amdokar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    thanks

great post

SteezDisco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteezDisco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was drinking like that and felt great but peed (transparent) every 15-60mins and I thought it was bad, just read this post so I guess it's normal. Thanks!