mchalupny is on a distinguished road. (+10) mchalupny is on a distinguished road. (+10) mchalupny is on a distinguished road. (+10) mchalupny is on a distinguished road. (+10) mchalupny is on a distinguished road. (+10) mchalupny is on a distinguished road. (+10) mchalupny is on a distinguished road. (+10) mchalupny is on a distinguished road. (+10) mchalupny is on a distinguished road. (+10) mchalupny is on a distinguished road. (+10) mchalupny is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Protein Waffle Recipe - Awesome Results

What's up, for everyone who enjoys waffles, and would be interested in a recipe for some protein packed waffles, i think I just struck gold with the new batch I just made. Very fluffy, and tasted great, just like any normal waffle batter. (Don't shy away from the cottage cheese, you can't taste it, and apparently it's the key to making them so fluffy).

Ingredients:
    -1 cup Old Fashioned Oats
    -1 cup Low-Fat Cottage Cheese (mine was 1% I believe)
    -5 egg whites
    -1/2 scoop Whey Protein (I use ON 100% Gold Standard)
    -1 tsp Baking Powder

How:
    Very simple... For the batter, grind the oats into a powder-like consistency using a blender, then mix all of the above ingredients together in a mixing bowl. I used an electric whisk, but you could also do it by hand, no problem. The batter should be pretty thick.

Simply pour the batter into your waffle iron, the amount and cook time will vary depending on which type you have. I have a normal Belgian waffle iron, and this amount of batter made 3 full waffles (about 7-8 inches in diameter).

Nutritional Info:
    Calories: 595
    Fat: 9g
    Carbs: 69g
    Protein: 62g

Tasted great with some light maple syrup and diced strawberries! Could throw in some PB, or ground almonds, etc. to the batter to get some fats in there as well!
    Enjoy!

PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Diggin the macros. Got any pics?
    BRAINS & GAINS

Strong Mind + Strong Body = UNSTOPPABLE

mchalupny is on a distinguished road. (+10) mchalupny is on a distinguished road. (+10) mchalupny is on a distinguished road. (+10) mchalupny is on a distinguished road. (+10) mchalupny is on a distinguished road. (+10) mchalupny is on a distinguished road. (+10) mchalupny is on a distinguished road. (+10) mchalupny is on a distinguished road. (+10) mchalupny is on a distinguished road. (+10) mchalupny is on a distinguished road. (+10) mchalupny is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by PBateman2 View Post
    I know! Didn't even calculate the macros until after the fact too! But I forgot to take pics, yet I feel I'll be making them again very soon so I will. They looked great though, just like any normal Belgian waffle.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PBateman2 View Post
    You got any pics?? Lol

Madmaximillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madmaximillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madmaximillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madmaximillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madmaximillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madmaximillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madmaximillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madmaximillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madmaximillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madmaximillion is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madmaximillion is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mchalupny View Post
    What's up, for everyone who enjoys waffles, and would be interested in a recipe for some protein packed waffles, i think I just struck gold with the new batch I just made. Very fluffy, and tasted great, just like any normal waffle batter. (Don't shy away from the cottage cheese, you can't taste it, and apparently it's the key to making them so fluffy).

Ingredients:
    -1 cup Old Fashioned Oats
    -1 cup Low-Fat Cottage Cheese (mine was 1% I believe)
    -5 egg whites
    -1/2 scoop Whey Protein (I use ON 100% Gold Standard)
    -1 tsp Baking Powder

How:
    Very simple... For the batter, grind the oats into a powder-like consistency using a blender, then mix all of the above ingredients together in a mixing bowl. I used an electric whisk, but you could also do it by hand, no problem. The batter should be pretty thick.

Simply pour the batter into your waffle iron, the amount and cook time will vary depending on which type you have. I have a normal Belgian waffle iron, and this amount of batter made 3 full waffles (about 7-8 inches in diameter).

Nutritional Info:
    Calories: 595
    Fat: 9g
    Carbs: 69g
    Protein: 62g

Tasted great with some light maple syrup and diced strawberries! Could throw in some PB, or ground almonds, etc. to the batter to get some fats in there as well!
    Enjoy!
    Old threat I know but I tried these & didn't even use syrup.. Just added some fruit & yummy.
    “Just because we are separated by a few thousand miles, it doesn’t give us the excuse to act in ways that are not acceptable in real life."

MiKroN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiKroN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiKroN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiKroN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiKroN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiKroN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiKroN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiKroN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiKroN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiKroN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiKroN is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Think it'd be possible to make this recipe without the protein powder and just drink it on the side separately?

the Hsp70 of BB.com TheWaffleIron's Avatar
    TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Last edited by TheWaffleIron; 07-14-2014 at 01:50 AM.
    Nutrition and Supp Science FAQ:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139153843&p=849049173&viewfull=1#post849049173