Faiski is on a distinguished road. (+10) Faiski is on a distinguished road. (+10) Faiski is on a distinguished road. (+10) Faiski is on a distinguished road. (+10) Faiski is on a distinguished road. (+10) Faiski is on a distinguished road. (+10) Faiski is on a distinguished road. (+10) Faiski is on a distinguished road. (+10) Faiski is on a distinguished road. (+10) Faiski is on a distinguished road. (+10) Faiski is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I really really need your help, WILL REP! THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Doing BabyLover's SS, 4x a week. Everyhting seems alright, but the squats is the problem. Because im doing monday,tuesday,thursday,friday. With ABAB workout order.
    I have A and B workouts squats in it, so i'll be doing consecutive days squats. What should i do? Should i still increase the 5lbs every session, even though i squat monday then after that next day tuesday.

I will rep as soon as possible if you help me!

Scholera is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Scholera is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Scholera is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Scholera is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Scholera is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Scholera is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Scholera is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Scholera is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Scholera is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Scholera is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Scholera is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    If you can only workout on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday Friday, you need to do a different routine...

Doing squats 2 days in a row, then 2 days in a row AGAIN after a single day of rest is ridiculous, your legs will be in constant pain and your CNS will be burned out.

Lyle's Upper/Lower for example where you would do Monday Upper Body Power, Tuesday lower Body Power, Thursday Upper Body Hypertrophe, Friday lower body hypertrophe.

Probably the best thing you could do which people would recommend though is to just do a alternative proven variation of starting strength which doesn't squat every day...
    Last edited by Scholera; 06-25-2013 at 02:42 AM.

KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I would personally cut down on the volume and make it 3x a week (for example, Mon/Weds/Fri), using a A/B/A scheme. You'll recover better then.

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You don't have to squat four times a week, or even three, even if you are a beginner.

This is superior to SS imo:

http://articles.elitefts.com/trainin...-and-strength/

You are only squatting every second workout. You'll recover much better, and run it for months and months longer than SS.

You can switch deadlift to Day 2 if you recover well from heavy lower body work. Or leave it as it is if recovery is a problem.

Even training twice a week on that program should deliver great gains, if:

1. You train progressively(adding weight to the bar regularly as outlined in the program), and

2. You eat enough to grow muscle.

No program works if you don't do 1. and 2., seriously.

If you do what is essentially a squat program like SS, Stronglifts, ICF 5 x 5, then don't squat on consecutive days. M W F is fine until you get stronger(and get sense). Then you'll profit if you drop one of the squats/vary the intensity like All Pro's/do Texas Method*/do what I linked.

*TM is only briefly outlined in Rippetoe's Practical Programming book. But it is way superior to SS, even for beginners imo.

Nota Bene:

On any low rep program, do enough high rep assistance work to condition joints and provide balance. Otherwise you might get a lot of joint issues(voice of experience) and weak links that can plague you for years while you try to fix them.
    Beginners:

FIERCE 5:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

Beyond novice, 5 3 1 or see above:)

Unless it is obvious to anyone who isn't blind that you lift weights, you might still benefit from a little more attention to big basic barbell exercises for enough reps:).

CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    squat monday, squat thursday. see how you feel doing this, when you get used to it, chuck some deadlifts in between. Need your rest on your legs they are a big muscle group, can take a while to recover, and hurt like hell to train . i tired body and cns when squatting wont just hurt your gains through over training, you could properly injur youself dropping form. i do exactly the same days as you, i do squats monday with a machine leg sesh (leg press, curl, extension, calfs), no legs tuesday,
    Deadlifts thursday and more squats friday with more calfs and some stiff leg deads.
    Im doing it right

12 Months In
    138lb - 170lb and counting...

**Hairy as Fack but not on my back crew**
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

Currently racing danielaq12 to a 100KG bench