Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs down Deadlift Progression (Strong kunts GTFIH) (2.5k+ REPS)

My deadlifts have pretty much stalled @ 130kgs x 5 for the past 4 weeks since I got back to them. How the hell do I get them to progress? I do conventional DL once a week and SLDL (for hamstrings) once a week. I'm doing a modified version of Cool's P/P/L. All other main lifts are progressing except for deads. I'm at a surplus where I'm gaining about 1-1.5kgs per month. I'm going to start implementing speedwork on the other back day that I didn't previously deadlift, and hyperextensions.

What other techniques/training methods can I use to get my DL up? What is the best way to train Deads?

At the moment it looks something like this:

Deadlifts:
    Warm up: 10 x 40kg
    Warm up: 10 x 60kg
    Warm up: 6 x 80kg
    Working Set: 5 x 100kg
    Working Set: 5 x 120kg
    Working Set: 5 x 130kg
    Working Set: 2 x 135kg (dramatic fail occurs here)

I use double overhand grip with chalk.
    Last edited by LiftCore; 06-24-2013 at 09:22 PM.
    Φ United Misc Frat Φ

Jared.P has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jared.P has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jared.P has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jared.P has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jared.P has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jared.P has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jared.P has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jared.P has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jared.P has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jared.P has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jared.P has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    wheres the sticking point? rack pulls if you stick at the top half, deficit deads if you stick at the bottom. also, chains/bands or work a diff rep range. also, pyramid down, start at the heaviest and go down in weight. pyramiding UP sucks balls
    AppNut Transformation Contest Log!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160101031

transformation journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154324161

"You want to quit? Great. Quit when you're done. It's what separates the successful from the unsuccessful. You ether want it or you don't. You either reach your goals or you set new ones that fit your excuses." - Savageous

CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You ever try rack pulls? You have to also tell us at what point is the failure off the ground, lock outs?
    402/314/435-1151@213 w/ sleeves USPA

I can do all this through Christ who gives me strength.
    -Philippians 4:13

RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Off the floor try hamstring strengthening and maybe more hip drive. Top rack pulls
    26.5" waist of peace.

LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Jared.P View Post
    wheres the sticking point? rack pulls if you stick at the top half, deficit deads if you stick at the bottom. also, chains/bands or work a diff rep range. also, pyramid down, start at the heaviest and go down in weight. pyramiding UP sucks balls
    Originally Posted by CWGame View Post
    You ever try rack pulls? You have to also tell us at what point is the failure off the ground, lock outs?
    Never tried rack pulls but I've been considereing them too, may implement them and see how they work.

I think I just have an overall weak DL, but if I had to pick my problem area is the bottom of the lift, because once I manage to get it up after grinding half way up I can lockout fine. I would have thought at my strength (or lack of) I should be able to progress fairly linearly by just DLing normally and continuing to work on supporting muscles (traps, hamstrings, lower back, lats etc)
    Φ United Misc Frat Φ

loganherford has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) loganherford has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) loganherford has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) loganherford has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) loganherford has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) loganherford has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) loganherford has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) loganherford has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) loganherford has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) loganherford has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) loganherford has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Keep doing 5-6 working sets of 3-5 reps each week but add in speed deadlifts once a week too....along with some barbell glute bridges. I've followed this routine all the way to a 4x bodyweight dl

Chemically Assisted BrbGettinHyooge's Avatar
    BrbGettinHyooge is just really nice. (+1000) BrbGettinHyooge is just really nice. (+1000) BrbGettinHyooge is just really nice. (+1000) BrbGettinHyooge is just really nice. (+1000) BrbGettinHyooge is just really nice. (+1000) BrbGettinHyooge is just really nice. (+1000) BrbGettinHyooge is just really nice. (+1000) BrbGettinHyooge is just really nice. (+1000) BrbGettinHyooge is just really nice. (+1000) BrbGettinHyooge is just really nice. (+1000) BrbGettinHyooge is just really nice. (+1000)
    1-2" deficit deadlifts is the best thing you can do for the bottom portion of your deadlift. You don't want to use a huge deficit like some people do like 3-4" because you'll change your form too much to accommodate the large deficit. That way it will also have some true carryover.
    Life is a choice, and death is a decision.

Above the law but under the influence.

#TeamMeatball

CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500)
    Weak kunt checking in with poverty advice.

Seriously, double overhand? At the very least hook grip. Lower the weight a bit and work your way back up. Or just eat more. Or you could add in sumo deadlifts somewhere. GHRs also have a good carryover to the deadlift (for me anyway), though it shouldnt be necessary with the SLDLs youre doing.

Also, why are you opting for speed pulls? Do you have a problem with explosiveness?
    My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154949233

gangstamuzik is just really nice. (+1000) gangstamuzik is just really nice. (+1000) gangstamuzik is just really nice. (+1000) gangstamuzik is just really nice. (+1000) gangstamuzik is just really nice. (+1000) gangstamuzik is just really nice. (+1000) gangstamuzik is just really nice. (+1000) gangstamuzik is just really nice. (+1000) gangstamuzik is just really nice. (+1000) gangstamuzik is just really nice. (+1000) gangstamuzik is just really nice. (+1000)
    I started at 135lb.
    Got to 225lb and started doing reps of 5 from there. Couldn't progress high enough so I just tried 1 rep maxes, managed to take out 250lb then pulled 275lb. After I got to 275lb I stayed on that weight until I could pull around 3-5 reps, then I got to 295lb. I tried 305lb, failed for the first 2 times (a week) then got it, after that I just threw on a 5 on each side. Pulled 315, been stuck on 315lb ever since..

Cliffs: Just go for 1RM's, may sound dumb but it worked to a certain extent in my point. It pushes your CNS, make sure your form is alright too.
    BP: 305x1
    Squat: 385x1 Beltless
    Deadlift: 455x1 Beltess

ghjk24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ghjk24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ghjk24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ghjk24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ghjk24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ghjk24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ghjk24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ghjk24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ghjk24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ghjk24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ghjk24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Start pulling heavy singles.
    please bro not in the AM

Originally Posted by CupcakeSquats View Post
    Weak kunt checking in with poverty advice.

Seriously, double overhand? At the very least hook grip. Lower the weight a bit and work your way back up. Or just eat more. Or you could add in sumo deadlifts somewhere. GHRs also have a good carryover to the deadlift (for me anyway), though it shouldnt be necessary with the SLDLs youre doing.

Also, why are you opting for speed pulls? Do you have a problem with explosiveness?
    I've tried hook grip before but I can't stand it (imb4 man up). I don't think grip is the problem, I have decent grip strength and the chalk helps a lot. My problem is I can't get the bar off the ground explosively/quickly enough and a lot of grinding happens, which taxes me a lot for my next rep, and this occurs whether I "touch-and-go" or reset after each rep, so I would think speed pulls could help with that (along with deficit pulls).

Originally Posted by gangstamuzik View Post
    I started at 135lb.
    Got to 225lb and started doing reps of 5 from there. Couldn't progress high enough so I just tried 1 rep maxes, managed to take out 250lb then pulled 275lb. After I got to 275lb I stayed on that weight until I could pull around 3-5 reps, then I got to 295lb. I tried 305lb, failed for the first 2 times (a week) then got it, after that I just threw on a 5 on each side. Pulled 315, been stuck on 315lb ever since..

Cliffs: Just go for 1RM's, may sound dumb but it worked to a certain extent in my point. It pushes your CNS, make sure your form is alright too.
    Hmmm, yeah I thought about doing 1RMs too, but keep in mind my main goal atm isn't strength, it is hypertrophy, but of course I still care about strength since I want to powerlift in the future. But I may end up having to do 1rm's or triples anyway since I can't get the pull for 5 reps when I try and up the weight.

BTW guys I'm on R/C but I'll get the rest of you dw. Cheers.
    Φ United Misc Frat Φ

bulkbreh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bulkbreh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bulkbreh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bulkbreh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bulkbreh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bulkbreh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bulkbreh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bulkbreh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bulkbreh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bulkbreh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bulkbreh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Too much warm-up IMO. Apply yourself everytime you deadlift 100%. YOur not progressing because your not hitting it hard enough. Put on a higher weight and lift it damnit. I know you can, and you do to. Just gotta tell yourself. It's a mental game man. Even if you dont get 5 reps with the higher weight, keep doin it untill you do.

nevboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevboy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Not sure what your routine calls for, but in the past I have deadlifted once a week for 1 heavy set of 5, and done that all the way through to DLing 170kg for reps

At the moment I am working back up after a layoff, and my dead has gone from 100-140kg in 3 weeks, following the same as above.

If I were you, my deadlifts would look like this:

5x60kg
    4x80kg
    3x100kg
    2x120kg
    1x130kg
    5x130kg

By pyramiding my warmups I feel I am getting my body used to the heavy load without wearing myself out before I get to working sets.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, as long as you come first."

tonyrawrs is on a distinguished road. (+10) tonyrawrs is on a distinguished road. (+10) tonyrawrs is on a distinguished road. (+10) tonyrawrs is on a distinguished road. (+10) tonyrawrs is on a distinguished road. (+10) tonyrawrs is on a distinguished road. (+10) tonyrawrs is on a distinguished road. (+10) tonyrawrs is on a distinguished road. (+10) tonyrawrs is on a distinguished road. (+10) tonyrawrs is on a distinguished road. (+10) tonyrawrs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think you have too many warm up sets. Just do one warm up with the bar and then start your working sets.
    No real goal in terms of physique
    5'5 128lbs

PRs at ~132-135lbs
    Bench: 200
    Deadlift: 315
    Squat: =(

Currently working on DB pressing 100s (Current: 85s)

SmallLats is just really nice. (+1000) SmallLats is just really nice. (+1000) SmallLats is just really nice. (+1000) SmallLats is just really nice. (+1000) SmallLats is just really nice. (+1000) SmallLats is just really nice. (+1000) SmallLats is just really nice. (+1000) SmallLats is just really nice. (+1000) SmallLats is just really nice. (+1000) SmallLats is just really nice. (+1000) SmallLats is just really nice. (+1000)
    I feel like all this advice is just going in the wrong direction. Think you need to deadlift more tbh. One day working up to your max and another day 4 days later hitting some triples or something at like 70-75%.
    PRs: 475x2/315/495x4

My Workout Log(Lat Building): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162745601&p=1263001431#post1263001431

Youtube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCouwhVbXTCRdAu5RomAf86Q

Instagram: graylifts_

NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Jared.P View Post
    I stick right in the middle for when i max out wtf do i do for that
    Liverpool F.C.

RIP Bill Starr

koloxid is a name known to all. (+5000) koloxid is a name known to all. (+5000) koloxid is a name known to all. (+5000) koloxid is a name known to all. (+5000) koloxid is a name known to all. (+5000) koloxid is a name known to all. (+5000) koloxid is a name known to all. (+5000) koloxid is a name known to all. (+5000) koloxid is a name known to all. (+5000) koloxid is a name known to all. (+5000) koloxid is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by NaturalFTW View Post
    I stick right in the middle for when i max out wtf do i do for that
    dont DL. u cant have the problem anymore if u just dont dl
    <Made by Koloxoid>

xSup3r is just really nice. (+1000) xSup3r is just really nice. (+1000) xSup3r is just really nice. (+1000) xSup3r is just really nice. (+1000) xSup3r is just really nice. (+1000) xSup3r is just really nice. (+1000) xSup3r is just really nice. (+1000) xSup3r is just really nice. (+1000) xSup3r is just really nice. (+1000) xSup3r is just really nice. (+1000) xSup3r is just really nice. (+1000)
    try this

60x5
    80x5
    100x5
    130x1
    135x3

If you can do this, the next time you deadlift try to go for 4 reps, then 5, then repeat the cycle for 140.
    Disregard bodyweight, acquire aesthetics.
    ★★★TBB FB Chat Crew★★★
    ♦♦♦TBB FB Chat Crew Founders♦♦♦
    Current / Goal (one year or less)
    DL: 180KG / 180KG @ 80.0kg 1/9/2013
    SQUAT: 140KG / 140KG @ 79kg 24/8/2013
    BENCH: 80KG / 100KG @72.4kg

SMALL CALVES CREW

"It is what you do with the knowledge that dictates who you are" - Xuaxace

Not even my final form NZninja101's Avatar
    NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LiftCore View Post
    I'm going to start implementing speedwork on the other back day that I didn't previously deadlift, and hyperextensions.
    If you're gonna do speed work, it would probably be a good idea to either keep it relatively heavy, (ie 70-75% of your 1RM for many sets of 1-2), or to add bands with 50-60%, in order to counter the issue of exploding off the ground and then really slowing down near the top with very light weight, which could induce someone to fall into a pattern of an unpowerful lockout, which could make lockout an issue.

Deadlifts:
    Failing on only the second rep? Implies you touch and go. Which isn't 'bad'. Lots of people get brutally strong with touch and go, ie Babyslayer. What they do however is implement an appropriate amount of assistance/power so that they can get it off the floor without touch and go for the first rep, without expending an incredible amount of energy.

So long as your grip can handle it, it should be fine.

Originally Posted by tonyrawrs View Post
    I think you have too many warm up sets. Just do one warm up with the bar and then start your working sets.

'People are gonna remember me as a god forever... Like-like-like Troy, like Chiles heel, I'm a god forever I'll be remembered for thousands of years to come' - Jason Genova

Texas Method Mod: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171537443&p=1444534723&viewfull=1#post1444534723

Registered backloader LiftingSteve93's Avatar
    LiftingSteve93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftingSteve93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftingSteve93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftingSteve93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftingSteve93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftingSteve93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftingSteve93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftingSteve93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftingSteve93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftingSteve93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftingSteve93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Gotta find what works for you. My pulling goes to **** if I do it every week
    My 400 incline press at 19 years old:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=VN5bT0AVDCw

Huskarl is just really nice. (+1000) Huskarl is just really nice. (+1000) Huskarl is just really nice. (+1000) Huskarl is just really nice. (+1000) Huskarl is just really nice. (+1000) Huskarl is just really nice. (+1000) Huskarl is just really nice. (+1000) Huskarl is just really nice. (+1000) Huskarl is just really nice. (+1000) Huskarl is just really nice. (+1000) Huskarl is just really nice. (+1000)
    The way most ppl do rack pulls is wrong and will not help your deadlift at all.
    Instagram @ martinrunqvist
    Youtube @ martinrunqvist
    Log @ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163187911

Thanks for all the responses guys, I feel a lot more at ease with this information, so hopefully I can get my dead up to at least 140 in the next 2 weeks or so. Will rep everyone I haven't repped ASAP.
    Φ United Misc Frat Φ

Bumping for different timezone brahs or whatever.
    Φ United Misc Frat Φ

Registered User LlamaWithARifle's Avatar
    LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000)
    I personally prefer a slightly bigger difference between my last warm up set and working set. I would probably aim for like 120-125kg as a final warm up before moving onto 135kg. Try it and see how it works, may work may not.

Form is absolute key when it comes to pulling from the floor, a bad setup will instantly set you up to fail. Always always always look at your technique before thinking about changing things or adding in supplemental movements. Post a form vid.

Speed work has done wonders for my deadlift, I'll pull heavy or perform a similar move working up to heavy singles, doubles or triples one day of the week. The other day I will use as a speed day using around 60% of my 1rm and going for about 6-8 sets of 1 rep focusing on using perfect form and pulling fast off the floor.
    Squat: 202.5kg | 446lbs
    Bench: 125kg | 275lbs
    Deadlift: 235kg | 518lbs

JevJev is on a distinguished road. (+10) JevJev is on a distinguished road. (+10) JevJev is on a distinguished road. (+10) JevJev is on a distinguished road. (+10) JevJev is on a distinguished road. (+10) JevJev is on a distinguished road. (+10) JevJev is on a distinguished road. (+10) JevJev is on a distinguished road. (+10) JevJev is on a distinguished road. (+10) JevJev is on a distinguished road. (+10) JevJev is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Bumping for different timezone brahs or whatever.
    It may be something as simple as DL'ing more than you do. Maybe work it 2-3 times a week and try and progress weight each time.

I'm having similar issues with my Squat but slowly ironing issues out! GL
    D: 440 x 6 - 200kg x 6
    S: 315 x 3 - 140kg x 3
    B: 225 x 5 - 100kg x 5

UK Brah just moved to Gold Coast, Australia - Bulking ...

"Luck is the last dying wish for those that want to believe winning can happen by accident..."

"The will is everything. If you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely...Legend. Are you ready to begin?"

Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If ur weak at the bottom bro u don't have a sticky point, its just simply the weights too heavy, and thats fine.

The muscles that are used in the deadlift are:

Hammstrings, lower back, mid back, and upper back, as well as trapz.

My guess is ur hammstrings and ur lower back are weak.

The exercises u want to do to fix this is stiff legged deadlifts, ghr and good mornings, all of these will help

As well as increasing ur squat will also help ur deadlift as well.

Another thing is your frequency u are doing it once a week. Ur deadlift isn't that heavy, that u have to do it only once a week

Starting deadlift twice a week.

If ur grip is failing start using straps too, work on grip strength another time.

As for the weights u are lifting, i wouldn't do so many work sets like u are doing.

So 135kg is about ur 1 rep max, we will say.

So around 300lbs

I would do ur sets something like this.

1st set: 135lbs x 5
    2nd set: 185lbs x 5
    3rd set: 225lbs x 3
    4th set: 275lbs x 3
    5th set: 300lbs x 3

After that increase ur weight. Don't go over 3 reps with the deadlift.

Do this and try it out bro

comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I would do something like.

(kg)
    100x5
    135x3
    165x2
    180x1
    220x1

And i just added reps or weight on the last set.

NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by koloxid View Post
    dont DL. u cant have the problem anymore if u just dont dl
    but it's my favourite lift
    Liverpool F.C.

RIP Bill Starr

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My deadlifts went up a lot with speed deadlifts and snatch grip deadlifts.

NickThePLer is on a distinguished road. (+10) NickThePLer is on a distinguished road. (+10) NickThePLer is on a distinguished road. (+10) NickThePLer is on a distinguished road. (+10) NickThePLer is on a distinguished road. (+10) NickThePLer is on a distinguished road. (+10) NickThePLer is on a distinguished road. (+10) NickThePLer is on a distinguished road. (+10) NickThePLer is on a distinguished road. (+10) NickThePLer is on a distinguished road. (+10) NickThePLer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My deadlifts have pretty much stalled @ 130kgs x 5 for the past 4 weeks since I got back to them. How the hell do I get them to progress? I do conventional DL once a week and SLDL (for hamstrings) once a week. I'm doing a modified version of Cool's P/P/L. All other main lifts are progressing except for deads. I'm at a surplus where I'm gaining about 1-1.5kgs per month. I'm going to start implementing speedwork on the other back day that I didn't previously deadlift, and hyperextensions.

What other techniques/training methods can I use to get my DL up? What is the best way to train Deads?

At the moment it looks something like this:

Deadlifts:

I personally recommend you change the way you pyramid. I have a feeling you're far past warmed up and most likely fatigued when you're trying to hit a PR. Not a good idea because in my opinion typically hitting a PR in a full body movement like DL is draining. I think by the time you make your way too 135kg you're some what fatigued.

I'd try this,

60kg x 5
    80kg x 3
    100kg x 1
    115kg x 1
    135kg x 5 PR!

Also, at the weights your pulling right now I don't really think you need too be doing specialty exercises like rack pulls, and deficit deadlifts, that focus on weak points. Save those for later down the road. Hope I helped man.