Thread: Wrist Roller

DrunkenMonkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wrist Roller

wut r the best brands to look at wen im buying a wrist roller or does it really doesnt matter. wut shuld i look for wen im buying a wrist roller also. thank u in advance peace.

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I don't even recognize some of those words (wut, wen, u, r, im, doesnt). If I could understand what you wrote, I'd try to answer.
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

THECHAMP#2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by MiloMan
    I don't even recognize some of those words (wut, wen, u, r, im, doesnt). If I could understand what you wrote, I'd try to answer.
    wut=what
    doesnt=does not
    Try Harder Smartass

okay here let me translate if for you in proper english. What are the best brands to look at when buying a wrist roller or does it really matter at all. What should i try to look for as in length of the rope, the pipe, etc. And thank you in advance for helping me.

Dorian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    don't waste your money. Just use dumbells and barbells for wrist alternating weekly.

im just looking for something different than dumbells and thought a wrist roller would be a good burn for my forearms...something cheap but durable and really supplies an ample burn to the forearms it what im looking for. But able to hold alot of weight.

Wildcat33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    In my opinion wrist roller is the best wrist exercise. You might consider making one instead of buying, I made my own and it works great.

I run a power rack pin through it and use a homemade plate loading attachment. The pin holds the roller steady and forces you to use only your forearm and hand muscles to roll the weight up and down.

did u buy the power rack pin?

im not really accessible to tools also and im quite lazy for making stuff just looking for a cheap but a well made wrist roller capable of holding plenty of weight anyone have any recommendations

I used a pin on my power rack, if you work out at home any bar or piece of water pipe or whatever will work. IMO the only way to get real size & strength gains out of a wrist roller is to support the roller with a rack pin or bar and do low reps with serious weight. Using an unsupported roller and doing dozens of reps with low weight is not very effective. It's also mostly an anterior delt exercise because of the effort needed to hold the roller out in front of you. If you don't plan to support the roller with a bar it won't need to be very sturdy, might as well make it out of a cut off broom handle and shoestring. I'll try to post a pic of my setup later so it makes better sense.

D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by Wildcat33
    It's also mostly an anterior delt exercise because of the effort needed to hold the roller out in front of you.

So therefore you stand on something high and do it with arms hanging down!

Just use an old broom handle or something, make a hole in the middle thread some rope or electrical cable through and you have a wrist roller.

Originally posted by D&G
    So therefore you stand on something high and do it with arms hanging down!
    Try it with 50+ lbs and see how good that works. I use wrist roller to directly target forearms. Using an unsupported roller ends up being more of a delt exercise. Also because the roller is swaying and because of hand position it's difficult to get full rom with an unsupported roller.

Message Board King holyshinto63's Avatar
    holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    or maybe you could just use this http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/0140.html

...search a little bit before you open your mouth.