Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    ThePoz is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePoz is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePoz is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePoz is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePoz is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePoz is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePoz is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePoz is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePoz is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePoz is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePoz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by MrRedz View Post
    drink almond milk and whey protein everyday, and little to no sign of acne on my body. u mad
    Almond milk isn't milk.

Aleks93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aleks93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aleks93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aleks93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aleks93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aleks93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aleks93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aleks93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aleks93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aleks93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aleks93 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good thread OP, will try out the advice. I use hair gel/hair wax though, wouldn't that be a problem if im going to not use shampoo?

Alot of research shows that chocolate, dairy and the glycemic load of food can impact acne:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22988649 <- Whey protein
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18194824 , http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15692464 <- Skim milk
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20361171 , http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17448569 <- Glycemic load
    http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...43466613000549 <- Chocolate

If you have problem with acne, this would definately be things to consider

Creatine may also worsen acne, since it raises DHT: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19741313

Just thought this would be helpful :
    My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/AleksFitness?feature=mhee

Posting workout videos and food recipes!

JohnnyOhhh is just really nice. (+1000) JohnnyOhhh is just really nice. (+1000) JohnnyOhhh is just really nice. (+1000) JohnnyOhhh is just really nice. (+1000) JohnnyOhhh is just really nice. (+1000) JohnnyOhhh is just really nice. (+1000) JohnnyOhhh is just really nice. (+1000) JohnnyOhhh is just really nice. (+1000) JohnnyOhhh is just really nice. (+1000) JohnnyOhhh is just really nice. (+1000) JohnnyOhhh is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by strunz View Post
    milk has nothing to do with acne its genetic /thread

if u want to get rid of acne,

first step:

1- stop caring about it, understand its mainly genetics ur face will never be perfect this will help a lot with your happiness

2- wash face before bed n moisturize after with non comedgenic wash

3- law of diminishing returns- basically its 95% genetics n the rest is up to you, so, don't spend ur life worrying about ur acne, or all ur money on it, because it will only make it a fraction of a percent better (if that)
    that's not true. It's not mainly genetics. There have been loads of studies linking Western dairy consumption to acne and a whole host of other problems (diabetes, some forms of cancer, etc). Acne has been called 'The Curse of the Celts' because a)gaelic people have very fair skin and b)they consume lots of dairy. Who has traditionally had very little incidence of acne? East asians, Africans, South Americans...very little dairy in the traditional diet.

Also face washes do almost nothing. I used those and benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid etc for years and noticed that they didn't do ****. The best thing to do is cut dairy, sleep more, and sweat more (exercise more). Real talk.
    new log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=690964161#post690964161

"When it comes to training (and life in general for that matter), many people erroneously think that all you have to do to succeed is work hard. Unfortunately, this isn't true. You have to work intelligently." -Dr. Clay Hyght

Beerculez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beerculez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beerculez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beerculez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beerculez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beerculez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beerculez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beerculez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beerculez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beerculez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beerculez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mc-girk View Post
    Yeah skin doctors know nothing about acne, keep the tin foil on bro
    The only useful thing they can do for you is give you accutane. Even that often doesn't cure acne completely and can come with a lot of side effects.

The antibiotics and creams they give you are bs and at best a temporary fix, even if it may cure you for a few months the acne usually comes back with a vengeance and in the meantime you spend a lot of money of crap that dries out your skin.

But what do I know, I've only had to deal with this the last 12 years. From your posts clearly you haven't had any acne issues except maybe the standard teenage type that goes away after a while.
    Shreds > cheats

Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mc-girk View Post
    The truly horrifying thing is some kid will be reading this who is struggling with acne, he will take OP'S advice even though its anecdotal and possibly not even the right course of action for his skin type and then proceed to cut some of the foods he/she loves out of their lives

Better advice? Go to a dermatologist and develop a plan that actually tackles the root cause of your acne.
    Any one with acne knows they have to experiment, and in some cases - compromise. Might not work for every one but what's 4 weeks of experimenting going to do? Totally wreck your life?

"Omg I can't live with out milk or whey protein for 4 weekz"

/ suicide

If you can afford to go to a dermatologist then obviously you should do that as they will be able to tell you more accurately what your specific problem is. But most people can experiment and if they find my advice works (which others in this thread already attest as they've done it), then is it really that hard to supplement your diet with other foods?

Most people saying they can't live with out protein shakes - YOU DON'T HAVE TO. My OP clearly states you can use 100% egg protein or beef protein. Egg is good all around (yes powdered just like your whey, who would have thought?)

The antibiotics and creams they give you are bs and at best a temporary fix, even if it may cure you for a few months the acne usually comes back with a vengeance and in the meantime you spend a lot of money of crap that dries out your skin.
    I personally found this to be true as well. Got some chit while going through basic that helped clear it up but the second I stopped taking it, it came back hard as fuk.

Lucky_ROA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lucky_ROA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lucky_ROA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lucky_ROA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lucky_ROA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lucky_ROA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lucky_ROA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lucky_ROA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lucky_ROA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lucky_ROA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lucky_ROA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Guys what about organic/natural shampoos ?

Also I went on no-milk for like 3 months and did not notice a single change
    NJ Crew

Efre is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Efre is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Efre is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Efre is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Efre is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Efre is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Efre is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Efre is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Efre is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Efre is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Efre is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Beerculez View Post
    The only useful thing they can do for you is give you accutane. Even that often doesn't cure acne completely and can come with a lot of side effects.

But what do I know, I've only had to deal with this the last 12 years. From your posts clearly you haven't had any acne issues except maybe the standard teenage type that goes away after a while.
    Therefore you are more qualified on what impacts the rest of the population.

l o l

Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Aleks93 View Post

Alot of research shows that chocolate, dairy and the glycemic load of food can impact acne:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22988649 <- Whey protein
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18194824 , http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15692464 <- Skim milk
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20361171 , http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17448569 <- Glycemic load
    http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...43466613000549 <- Chocolate

If you have problem with acne, this would definately be things to consider

Creatine may also worsen acne, since it raises DHT: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19741313

Just thought this would be helpful :
    Helpful reply bro. Always nice to have some links on here I guess since most people seem to whine about having acne but don't do any research of their own.

Originally Posted by Lucky_ROA View Post
    Guys what about organic/natural shampoos ?

Also I went on no-milk for like 3 months and did not notice a single change
    If no change then you're lucky at least that it isn't the dairy causing your problems.

Good natural shampoos and conditioners are the "Yes To" brand with carrots and chit.

Beerculez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beerculez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beerculez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beerculez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beerculez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beerculez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beerculez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beerculez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beerculez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beerculez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beerculez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Efre View Post
    Therefore you are more qualified on what impacts the rest of the population.

l o l
    Accutane is great for people with mild hormonal acne, and it will reduce acne for almost everyone but it won't cure people with severe or persistent cases of it. The other medicines are temporary cures, this is known by anyone who's actually tried them, go look it up.

Maybe you should try reading around a bit before commenting, go on acne.org for example and see what people have to say about the typical acne medication. If it was as simple as going to a dermatologist you wouldn't have forums like that and millions of searches weekly for alternative ways to cure acne.
    Shreds > cheats

Efre is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Efre is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Efre is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Efre is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Efre is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Efre is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Efre is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Efre is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Efre is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Efre is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Efre is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Beerculez View Post
    Accutane is great for people with mild hormonal acne, and it will reduce acne for almost everyone but it won't cure people with severe or persistent cases of it. The other medicines are temporary cures, this is known by anyone who's actually tried them, go look it up.

Maybe you should try reading around a bit before commenting, go on acne.org for example and see what people have to say about the typical acne medication. If it was as simple as going to a dermatologist you wouldn't have forums like that and millions of searches weekly for alternative ways to cure acne.
    So you aren't qualified to speak for everybody else. You damn better not be speaking for the lack of quality in derms either then, *******.

Bignate65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bignate65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bignate65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bignate65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bignate65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bignate65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bignate65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bignate65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bignate65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bignate65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bignate65 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Anyone had success with vitamin b5p? about to try it just waiting on the amazon order

Rooney15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rooney15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rooney15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rooney15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rooney15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rooney15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rooney15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rooney15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rooney15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rooney15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rooney15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I used to use all the chemical facial cleaners and medicine fro mthe dermatologist but none of it worked very well.

I stopped using all that chit and started eating healthy and its helping my face a lot. The only thing I put on my face besides water is aztec healing clay (which is bentonite clay) and pure aloe vera gel.

I am very pale though so my acne and redness is more visible then people who are dark.

My face still gets pretty oily but I think thats because im still eating fast food and some other non healthy food. I'm slowly improving my diet and seeing good changes. I think when I can cut out fast food and other chitty food almost completely than ill really see a huge difference.

This is just my experience though.
    Angels

YolkedBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YolkedBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YolkedBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YolkedBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YolkedBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YolkedBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YolkedBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YolkedBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YolkedBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YolkedBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YolkedBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Agreed about the milk