JohnnyFresh64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyFresh64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyFresh64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyFresh64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyFresh64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyFresh64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyFresh64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyFresh64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyFresh64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyFresh64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyFresh64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can juicing help you lose fat?

I know people may waiver on this but sbout a week ago I watch a documentary on a guy who started a juicing fast for 60 days. He was a big fella and he lost a lot of weight. Not only that but his body was basically purified, because of the introduction of the natural vitamins concentrated in the juice. I went Robeks and took a wheat grass shot, it was great! Do any of you guys believe juicing works? Note: the guy in the documentary did not workout either he just consecutively drunk the juice, about 8oz of the same mix which contained all the veggies and fruit humans need per serving.

pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well, juice is full of sugar. Btw, juicing means other stuff here, like taking steroid
    Jan 1st '10 : 265lbs
    Feb 21st '10 : 240lbs
    Mar 28th '10 : 228lbs
    Aug 23rd '10 : 208lbs (COME ON, I WANT BELOW 200 ASAP)!!!!
    April 28th '11 : 213lbs
    Feb 18th' 13: 225lbs (starting 12 week kris gethin hardcore)

Life is screwed last couple of years. Now starting again:
    May 28, 2014: 230lbs
    Sept 28, 2014: 227lbs

OK THIS TIME FORREAL:
    01 Jan 2015: 218lbs
    07 Sep 2017: 193lbs

I rep back!!

JohnnyFresh64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyFresh64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyFresh64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyFresh64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyFresh64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyFresh64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyFresh64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyFresh64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyFresh64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyFresh64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyFresh64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No I mean pure juicing like taking a whole veggie or fruit and juicing it. No sugar added, just the veggie or fruit becomes micronutrients.

nol3afclover is on a distinguished road. (+10) nol3afclover is on a distinguished road. (+10) nol3afclover is on a distinguished road. (+10) nol3afclover is on a distinguished road. (+10) nol3afclover is on a distinguished road. (+10) nol3afclover is on a distinguished road. (+10) nol3afclover is on a distinguished road. (+10) nol3afclover is on a distinguished road. (+10) nol3afclover is on a distinguished road. (+10) nol3afclover is on a distinguished road. (+10) nol3afclover is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If by 'juicing' you mean drinking nothing but vegetable/fruit juice for 60 days, yes, but not because you're drinking juice, but because you're simply taking in less calories (unless you really drink a lot of it.)

This is true about anything, though. If you eat what you eat now, but cut out 1/4 of your intake, it'll work as well. You don't have to juice--it just looks really impressive and easy on TV.

brownscot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownscot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownscot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownscot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownscot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownscot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownscot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownscot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownscot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Anything that will help YOU to consume less calories than you burn will help you lose fat.
    "Can't" is a word that weak, lazy and ignorant people use to justify their being so.

kmac1196 is a name known to all. (+5000) kmac1196 is a name known to all. (+5000) kmac1196 is a name known to all. (+5000) kmac1196 is a name known to all. (+5000) kmac1196 is a name known to all. (+5000) kmac1196 is a name known to all. (+5000) kmac1196 is a name known to all. (+5000) kmac1196 is a name known to all. (+5000) kmac1196 is a name known to all. (+5000) kmac1196 is a name known to all. (+5000) kmac1196 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JohnnyFresh64 View Post
    I know people may waiver on this but sbout a week ago I watch a documentary on a guy who started a juicing fast for 60 days. He was a big fella and he lost a lot of weight. Not only that but his body was basically purified, because of the introduction of the natural vitamins concentrated in the juice. I went Robeks and took a wheat grass shot, it was great! Do any of you guys believe juicing works? Note: the guy in the documentary did not workout either he just consecutively drunk the juice, about 8oz of the same mix which contained all the veggies and fruit humans need per serving.
    I watched it! Was remarkable but it's still cals in vs cals out. And I'd rather eat my calories. He also juiced for health reason. I do juice on occasion for vitamins but I always get a headache after I drink it. I think your best bet is to find out what YOU can do in YOUR lifestyle. Make changes that you can sustain....I read in your other post that your going away to college in August....good luck by the way....just try to control your diet with foods you like (paying attention to Macros and cals) and lift some weights. Go for some walks. You can do it! It's not going to be quick (I've lost weight fast and furious and the pounds lost always come back quicker and bring friends when you stop doing extreme measures). Head up!!! You're at the beginning of some wonderful adventures....you want to enjoy them!!!

Kristen

sciogliersi is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciogliersi is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciogliersi is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciogliersi is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciogliersi is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciogliersi is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciogliersi is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciogliersi is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciogliersi is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciogliersi is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciogliersi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    That documentary was Fat, Sick and nearly Dead. To me, in order to do something like that you would either have to have major and ultimate discipline to not eat anything, or you would need to remove yourself from society to not be tempted. I have a friend who juices at night. She is also a veg. To me, it's also not an easy or convenient. If you notice in the documentary, he kept all of that stuff in his trunk. The other thing is, his job seemed to keep him moving throughout the day (walking around talking to people) -- i wonder how well that would work on someone who worked a desk job.

All in all, i think juicing is beneficial to people who may be incapable of eating throughout the day. All in all, i think if you are able to eat the equivalent it would be better than juicing as an absolute. However, people need to find what works for them -- if this concept works for them -- great. But i would say for 99% of people who work and live in the real world -- it would not be doable.

To me, if you are going this route, i would try smoothies as that will give you fiber as well.
    Last edited by sciogliersi; 06-23-2013 at 06:53 AM.

Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Oh it will definitively work, but unless you are not concerned about the way your appearance will end up then it is a terrible idea.

Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You will tons of muscles as fruits are nothing but carbs.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Juicing is a great idea if done in addition to adequate macros on a good diet, especially if you have trouble getting lots of fruits and veggies any other way.

It's the fasting bit that's ridiculous and completely awful for anyone concerned with strength and muscle mass.

Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Weight loss is very simple but the media/health industry loves to make it complex to keep you buying garbage.

- Calories in vs calories out will determine if you lose weight or not
    - Macro Nutrient Content will detirmine how much of that weight is fat vs muscle
    - Micro nutrient content will detirmine over all health (vitamins/minerals/phosophonutrients)
    - Satiety will be determined by fiber content, volume/calorie and macro nutrient composition

When you look at it in these terms juicing has some benefits and drawbacks. Its an easy way to get a lot of good micro nutrtion/fiber with very few calories if you are juicing veggies. However, there are no fats or proteins in most veggies so your body composition will suffer from losing muscle. If you are interested in juicing it should be in addition to a solid IIFYM diet. (read the stickies at the top of the form) Also, if it were me I wouldn't get a juicer I would look into one of the new super powerful blenders. They are far more versatile and you don't throw away half of the food.
    My Reverse Diet Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153750981&p=1077733831#post1077733831

Morkraedd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Morkraedd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Morkraedd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Morkraedd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Morkraedd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Morkraedd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Morkraedd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Morkraedd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Morkraedd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Morkraedd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Morkraedd has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i think juice called prop/tren/t3/clen helps

Originally Posted by kmac1196 View Post
    I watched it! Was remarkable but it's still cals in vs cals out. And I'd rather eat my calories. He also juiced for health reason. I do juice on occasion for vitamins but I always get a headache after I drink it. I think your best bet is to find out what YOU can do in YOUR lifestyle. Make changes that you can sustain....I read in your other post that your going away to college in August....good luck by the way....just try to control your diet with foods you like (paying attention to Macros and cals) and lift some weights. Go for some walks. You can do it! It's not going to be quick (I've lost weight fast and furious and the pounds lost always come back quicker and bring friends when you stop doing extreme measures). Head up!!! You're at the beginning of some wonderful adventures....you want to enjoy them!!!

Kristen
    Thanks for the advice. For everyone else thanks as well.

anthonyUTM is on a distinguished road. (+10) anthonyUTM is on a distinguished road. (+10) anthonyUTM is on a distinguished road. (+10) anthonyUTM is on a distinguished road. (+10) anthonyUTM is on a distinguished road. (+10) anthonyUTM is on a distinguished road. (+10) anthonyUTM is on a distinguished road. (+10) anthonyUTM is on a distinguished road. (+10) anthonyUTM is on a distinguished road. (+10) anthonyUTM is on a distinguished road. (+10) anthonyUTM is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Misleading thread is misleading