psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

another "i cant squat" thread. read it.

I cant squat:

@ When squatting, my knees go out really far ahead of my toes, if i bring them back in a fall over backwards.

@When my ROM is more than about 1/2 inch, my back rounds so far that I could suck my own cock. If i try to straighten it, i fall over backwards

@my legs NEVER ache the next day, in any way at all. Nor do they ever feel fatigued after I work them. Yet I squat as heavy as I can for my reps, and ive tried rep ranges from 6-20+. I cant go to failiure as my squat rack is a low quality bench with the bar rests turned to face backwards.

Yet for some reason, my lower back is totally wasted during and after squats. I may aswell do squats on back day, cuz its not like im getting anything out of them for my legs.

Every time I try to do squats I jsut end up ****ing pissed off so bad. Ive managed to overcome problems with form for some other exercises, ubt squats are one of those that I am actually unable to do. And no I dont think it just needs practise, I think that my body will not allow me to perform squats properly.

Say anything.

thanks, Joe

EDIT: oh great, i wasted my 500th post on this pile of crap

bodybuilding pretty boy JoeyDaFool's Avatar
    JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000)
    try wider squats. if you can't, do hack squats.

Ashford has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ashford has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ashford has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ashford has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ashford has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ashford has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ashford has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ashford has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ashford has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ashford has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ashford has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yeah, try a wider stance and also try some hyperextensions to strengthen your lower back. I've added them and my lower back no longer becomes sore from holding my form during squats.

psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i cant do hyperextensions, i have just a bench, a swiss ball, DBs, and a BB.

I have started doing good mornings though, will they be ok? But then they bring on their own enraging form problems...

Ashford has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ashford has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ashford has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ashford has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ashford has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ashford has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ashford has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ashford has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ashford has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ashford has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ashford has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Good Mornings are fine. You can also try stiff legged deadlifts. Both of those work the lower back pretty well if I remember correctly.

Used Registerer ? 1dayIWillBeBig's Avatar
    1dayIWillBeBig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1dayIWillBeBig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1dayIWillBeBig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1dayIWillBeBig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1dayIWillBeBig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1dayIWillBeBig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1dayIWillBeBig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1dayIWillBeBig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1dayIWillBeBig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1dayIWillBeBig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1dayIWillBeBig is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Put a 5 pound plate under each heel when squatting, i had the same problem, now i have to go to a radiologist for my lower back, not becuz of squatting becuz i ego lifted on SLDL's. When i squat though it hurts my back, so i put a 5lb plate under each heel. Much better and legs are sore the next day. U must have longer legs, i do, it helps me but i cant work out for a couple weeks cuz of my back. Arnold put a board under his heels for squats becuz he had long legs. ALso Front squats would work, but its kinda scary having a bar across your throat. Hope this helps
    You know how I know you're gay?

dude, EVERYONE says anyone under the heels will destroy your knees. But ill try it guess. What kinda height is the 5lb plate you use? like an inch or sumfin?

Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by psychojoe
    dude, EVERYONE says anyone under the heels will destroy your knees. But ill try it guess. What kinda height is the 5lb plate you use? like an inch or sumfin?
    ur right...it is not good for knees....how long have you been squatting form? Lighten the weight...use just the bar, until you can get the form perfect. And slowly pyramid up adding only 10lbs. at a time so the form will remain perfect [avoid any big jumps in weight until you can maintain form for your heavy sets]. And with all of those problems, it could be a mental thing too...mabye trying to avoid squats by not trying your hardest to balance yourself? Because if anyone REALLY wanted to squat...they wouldn't be falling over and all that, they'd habe no problem maintaining atleast somewhat decent form. Peace
    REPS ARE ALWAYS GOOD

dude, ive tried weights from 0 - 65kgs, and they are jsut as hard. I cant do it with just the bar (5kgs)

you see, no one ever believes me whn i say i cant squat. I can not. My body will not move into the right position, maybe im too inflexible or sumfin. But really, i can not do it dude, and i dont see how it is humanyl possible tbh

--Joe

Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000)
    use very light weight on squats for a month if you have to, dont be putting lots of weight on the bar until you get the form down. You have to keep your back straight, there is no benefit to yourself in adding weight at the moment, unless you want lower back problems. It took me to get a back injury from doing what you are doing to realise what I was doing to myself and how I wasnt doing them right (back in my stupid days). I worked on my form and eventually it became second nature to do them correctly. Can you do squats without a bar or weight with correct form? if so....then try with a bar.....etc....go up very slowly..and once you reach a point where you are having trouble with your form, dont add any more weight.

edit....oops you posted the above as i was typing this.
    "Change is Inevitable, Progress Isn't"

Then start with squats at body weight. Stretch a lot or you won't be able to squat properly. Stretch your back, hamstrings, legs, hip flexors. I find that the hip flexor stretches make the biggest difference with me going down deep on my squats.

If your lower back is hurting it is either weakness or bad form. My lower back used to hurt because I never used it. I did lower back exercises and that all changed. The only real reason I can see for you falling is because you aren't using correct form. Try stretching a lot. Especially look up some stretches for hip flexors and do some lower back stretches and see if that helps any.

Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Try practice the squat movement with no weights and something in front of you to hold on to.

You don't have to keep your back in a 90 degree angle to the upper leg. You can bend forward (not too much though) but keep your back straight, not an arch necesarily.
    Try stretching your calves and upper legs.

Your knees can go forward, just not too much.

What I would also consider is lacking hamstring strength and flexibility.

If your back's sore and bends when squatting it could be that you lack in lower back strength, try to straighten that out.

In the beginning I couldn't do it either. I'm pretty tall also, so I thought it was my height and build.
    But after a while I could go parallel. Now I go all the way down. Comes with practice.

Just don't give up.
    It's not as hard as you think it is.
    Educate yourself, but stop thinking too much...

so damien do you think I should squat parallel when I can, and hen work towards being able to go lower?

Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i can not do it dude, and i dont see how it is humanyl possible
    mabye that's why you can't do it...work harder at visualizing the movement. If the mind can concieve it, the body can achieve it...but it works negatively as well, as in; if the mind can't concieve it, the body can't achieve it. Peace
    REPS ARE ALWAYS GOOD

Originally posted by Poppa Pump
    mabye that's why you can't do it...work harder at visualizing the movement. If the mind can concieve it, the body can achieve it...but it works negatively as well, as in; if the mind can't concieve it, the body can't achieve it. Peace
    im not sure if that is true dude. I can conceive myself touching my toes, but i cant do it. I cant. I can imagine myself squatting, but i cant.

im not sure if that is true dude. I can conceive myself touching my toes, but i cant do it. I cant. I can imagine myself squatting, but i cant.
    well...it's within reason...if you can't touch your toes because you need to stretch more often, it doens't matter what you can concieve. But that's not meant as in if you can think of something you can automatically do it...it's more saying if you don't think you can do something, you can't do it. if you can truly visualize yourself squatting, then you can, no problem. Your problem isn't that you can't squat, it's that you don't want to. I know for a fact that is it. Every time anyone ever comes up with lame reasons as to why they can't do things like squat...it's because they don't want to do it, and want people to validate their decision. Peace
    REPS ARE ALWAYS GOOD

Yeah, I agree with PoppaPump. Either you are so inflexible you can't squat. Which means you need to stretch more. Or you don't want to for whatever reason and are coming up with excuses. I've met one person in my life who couldn't squat. It was a girl who buster her ass everytime. You know why she did? She thought "keep your back straigh" meant she had to keep it perpendicular to the floor. Once I corrected her she never had the problem again.

Registered User 7000rpmisheaven's Avatar
    7000rpmisheaven is on a distinguished road. (+10) 7000rpmisheaven is on a distinguished road. (+10) 7000rpmisheaven is on a distinguished road. (+10) 7000rpmisheaven is on a distinguished road. (+10) 7000rpmisheaven is on a distinguished road. (+10) 7000rpmisheaven is on a distinguished road. (+10) 7000rpmisheaven is on a distinguished road. (+10) 7000rpmisheaven is on a distinguished road. (+10) 7000rpmisheaven is on a distinguished road. (+10) 7000rpmisheaven is on a distinguished road. (+10) 7000rpmisheaven is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I would bet that your problem is inflexibilty. Its all in the hips. If your hips don't bend your back does. When you squat down either your back bends or if you keep it straight either your heels come off the ground or you fall backwards. I had the same problem until I started working on it.

Do you have a weight belt? Put it on tight enough that its near impossible to bend at the lower back when you squat. Practice squating with just a little weight and pay attention to how it feels to squat without bending your back. Work on this without adding weight until your squating is a smooth and easy movement. Once you can squat easy without bending your back start doing squats without the belt. Start off small and work your way up. Don't ever go heavy past the point where your forms starts to drop.

Another thing is watch out for your gut. If you carry a bit of weight around the mid section be careful that you don't have your feet to close together. If you have a narrow stance your gut could be hitting the tops of your thighs towards the bottom of your squat. This would make it hard for you to bend at the hips and instead your back would curve. A wider stance would help with this.

grog64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

can't squat

Psycho -

Check your PM's. I sent you a reply there.

Grog

ZachG_85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You have to stick your ass as far back as possible when squatting. Widen your stance if necessary.

In a serious emergency, front squat. I have yet to find anyone who can't front squat ass to grass.

poppa pump, you are wrong in saying that I dont want to be able to squat. you say that "saying if you don't think you can do something, you can't do it"

I assure you that is the other way round; I cant do it, and then I say that I cant. Because its true.

It would be no good if I believed that I could, and continued with terrible form. I can not squat. And I need to remedy that problem. It seems that stretching is the best idea. Ill try to find somewhere to find some good stretches.

thanks for teh replies guys

--Joe

ShaneG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaneG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaneG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaneG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaneG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaneG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaneG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaneG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaneG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaneG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaneG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Re: another "i cant squat" thread. read it.

my back rounds so far that I could suck my own cock.
    Go here for your supplement needs: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store

Go here to view my articles: http://www.teenbodybuilding.com/shane.htm

Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    so damien do you think I should squat parallel when I can, and hen work towards being able to go lower?
    Yup!
    That's what I did.
    In the beginning even a little over parallel. But as time passes you get more flexible and just automatically get lower.

You just get used more to the movement.
    Try it this way or if it still doesn't work, like ZachG said, try Font Squats.
    It's not as hard as you think it is.
    Educate yourself, but stop thinking too much...