力 Do You Even Powerlift 力 CJ93UK's Avatar
    CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000)

Alcohol, after or before.

Of the 2, which is probably the better option? I'm asking mostly in regard to my situation, so I'll throw in the info. I usually work out in the evenings, 3 times a week, curious which is the better choice, in terms of performance and gains, either drinking the night before my workout, or drinking the same day, after my workout, when the next day is rest. As I workout in the evenings, usually I'll be past the worst part of the next day, as opposed to working out early in the morning straight after. Heard a lot about how it affects performance, has negative effects up to 48 hours after drinking, but also heard things about how it affects recovery, you know all of this. I get that there's gonna be some negatives to both, but if I'm going for 1 or the other, was wondering which 1 would be best, likely to have the least negative effects, so on. Anyone able to comment on this? Of coarse there's the option of neither or both, but I ain't in favour of neither, and both, well it's obvious why that wouldn't be good.

Huzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Huzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Huzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Huzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Huzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Huzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Huzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Huzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Huzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Huzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Huzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i didint even read your stupid thread

conclusion: dont drink alcohol

this is the game where only strong heads manage to strive perfection
    With you by my side there's nothing I still fear,
    And now you're dead and gone I'll shed more than a tear.
    Because I know you were my inspiration, an angel without wings
    Ascending to the sky, forever you're my king.

blaQout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blaQout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blaQout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blaQout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blaQout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blaQout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blaQout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blaQout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blaQout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blaQout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blaQout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Alcohol = wasted gains

From experience, it was better to lift the day after drinking.

GhostHardware has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I drink the day after lifting. It screws with your recovery but doesn't interfere with your next gym day (most of the time) so I think it's the preferable option. Lifting while hungover is a terrible feeling.

Schmeckie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schmeckie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schmeckie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schmeckie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schmeckie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schmeckie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schmeckie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schmeckie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schmeckie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schmeckie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schmeckie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Huzy View Post

Then why take the time to comment *******...

Wert813 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wert813 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wert813 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wert813 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wert813 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wert813 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wert813 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wert813 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wert813 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wert813 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wert813 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    after definitly, just dont pound down and binge drink. have a few brews just dont go nuts.
    *NJ 973 Crew*

"The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds." ~Henry Rollins

naich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    i drank heavily for three days in a row(after prom)
    then drank heavily again the next weekend.
    no gains lost, no hangover, actually got stronger.

use moderation and stay hydrated. i rarely drink, so i am a bad example but if you drink every weekend heavily it will catch up eventually.
    **Florida Crew**
    **Waiting for National Guard Bus Ride to Labor Camp Crew**

amiramin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) amiramin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) amiramin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) amiramin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) amiramin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) amiramin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) amiramin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) amiramin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Alcohol is bad for health period
    Like this page
    https://www.********.com/MusclesMuscles

Wert813 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wert813 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wert813 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wert813 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wert813 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wert813 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wert813 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wert813 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wert813 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wert813 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wert813 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by amiramin View Post
    Alcohol is bad for health period
    Recent studies show that moderate use of alcohol may have a beneficial effect on the coronary system.

http://www.cracked.com/article_18651...-good-you.html

uwotm8?
    *NJ 973 Crew*

"The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds." ~Henry Rollins

CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Right guys, thanks for all the comments, I'll go with after, and get it to work out like that. As for the people saying don't drink at all, yeah, I get where you're coming from, but I'm not gonna be the black sheep, or missing, at clubs, parties, holidays, just because I work out. I'm asking this to stop them clashing as much as possible, but there's room for both, I can't imagine many 20 year olds on here abstaining from alcohol for life. There's devotion, but you can only take it so far, if I started turning down every offer to go out, I'd be more concerned about losing my social life, than losing my gains.

Also, yeah, there's apparently some benefits, but the downsides outweigh them, lot of the time, no surprise. If that weren't the case, vodka'd be going in my PWO.

mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Drinking is so bad for you. You won't see the gains you want if you drink man. If anything smoke marijuana, it's do much better than drinking and you can actually make gains. For best health purposes use a vape

Patrick1996 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Patrick1996 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Patrick1996 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Patrick1996 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Patrick1996 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Patrick1996 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Patrick1996 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Patrick1996 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Patrick1996 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Patrick1996 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Patrick1996 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    None either you stop drinking alcohol or you will never get the body you want

That methyphobia.

AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mmaKody View Post
    Drinking is so bad for you. You won't see the gains you want if you drink man. If anything smoke marijuana, it's do much better than drinking and you can actually make gains. For best health purposes use a vape
    Please stop.

Smoking anything in general is horrible for your lungs because the hot air inhaled burns the microhairs in the air pipe. Your lung capacity will suffer and if lifting heavy enough, so will your lifts/endurance.

You're replacing one bad thing with another.

EDIT: it takes years for any effects to be noticed, but the argument stands.

jasticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jasticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jasticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jasticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jasticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jasticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jasticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jasticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jasticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jasticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jasticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Huzy View Post

this. Haven't drank since I pledged to lose weight and hit my goal at least