Lightspeed metabolism SergioVicini's Avatar
    SergioVicini has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SergioVicini has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SergioVicini has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SergioVicini has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SergioVicini has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SergioVicini has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SergioVicini has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SergioVicini has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SergioVicini has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SergioVicini has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SergioVicini has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Question Protein in beans vs animal protein?

Hey guys, now that Im coming back to my old lifestyle in Colombia this sunday (Im going back home ) from being with a vegetarian family a year, I was wondering if there is any difference in the protein found in things like beans, garbanzos and tofu vs the one found in beef, chicken and generally speaking animal products. So I was wondering too if whey protein is better or the same than animal protein, and I had another question, because in my city and country importing stuff like whey protein because of the taxes and all the fees it becomes waaaay more expensive than it is, how can I get cheap protein in order to replace the whey?, for example is the protein found in milk similar to the whey?? I need to find ways to get about 160 gr a day of protein without cooking so much because I wont have that much time because of school again :/
    [ ]Dirty bulking [x] bulking [ ] cutting

"O la vittoria o tutti accoppati"

Jacob990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SergioVicini View Post
    Hey guys, now that Im coming back to my old lifestyle in Colombia this sunday (Im going back home ) from being with a vegetarian family a year, I was wondering if there is any difference in the protein found in things like beans, garbanzos and tofu vs the one found in beef, chicken and generally speaking animal products. So I was wondering too if whey protein is better or the same than animal protein, and I had another question, because in my city and country importing stuff like whey protein because of the taxes and all the fees it becomes waaaay more expensive than it is, how can I get cheap protein in order to replace the whey?, for example is the protein found in milk similar to the whey?? I need to find ways to get about 160 gr a day of protein without cooking so much because I wont have that much time because of school again :/
    Meat contains more protein than beans and other vegetables. Beans are alright but dont have a lot of protein. If you can, it's proably better to stick to meat.

SergioVicini has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SergioVicini has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SergioVicini has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SergioVicini has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SergioVicini has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SergioVicini has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SergioVicini has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SergioVicini has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SergioVicini has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SergioVicini has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SergioVicini has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Jacob990 View Post
    Meat contains more protein than beans and other vegetables. Beans are alright but dont have a lot of protein. If you can, it's proably better to stick to meat.
    but I mean is the quality the same? does it matter? is 1 gr from animal protein the same as 1 gr from non-animal protein the same thing?

Jacob990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jacob990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SergioVicini View Post
    but I mean is the quality the same? does it matter? is 1 gr from animal protein the same as 1 gr from non-animal protein the same thing?
    yeah it's the same thing, but the quality its proably a bit better in meat. You'll consume more protein by eating meat. Your body takes it the same way dosent matter what it is, protein is protein.

LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The caloric intake is the same but the amino profile will be greater in the animal protein, and this will lead to greater protein synthesis and more efficient protein utilisation. Basically, you would have to eat more of an incomplete protein source to meet protein needs, as compared to a high quality/complete source like whey or animal meat, you could get away with less protein, since there will be higher concentrations of essential amino acids (leucine, L-leucine etc) and muscle is not built from whole proteins, it uses the amino acids that make up the protein.
    Φ United Misc Frat Φ

mattd534 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattd534 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattd534 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattd534 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattd534 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattd534 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattd534 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattd534 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattd534 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattd534 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattd534 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    beans=incomplete protein(doesn't have all essential amino acids) Animal=complete protein

Originally Posted by LiftCore View Post
    The caloric intake is the same but the amino profile will be greater in the animal protein, and this will lead to greater protein synthesis and more efficient protein utilisation. Basically, you would have to eat more of an incomplete protein source to meet protein needs, as compared to a high quality/complete source like whey or animal meat, you could get away with less protein, since there will be higher concentrations of essential amino acids (leucine, L-leucine etc) and muscle is not built from whole proteins, it uses the amino acids that make up the protein.
    Ok, that answers my question , thanks man, Ill be eating chicken and beef 24 hours a day then haha

barny35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) barny35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) barny35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) barny35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) barny35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) barny35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) barny35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) barny35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) barny35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) barny35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) barny35 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by LiftCore View Post
    ^^^ pretty much that. Also milk IS whey protein. that's where whey comes from. Milk is 20% whey protein and 80% casein protein. Milk is great for building muscle.
    Instagram: jacobjbarnhart
    Twitter: jacobjbarnhart
    ********: jacobjbarnhart