dizzyloot1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Really whats the whole idea on bulking and cutting????????

why do people want to "bulk" and "cut"
    when in all reality all you have to do is focus on your diet and actually workout with all of your potential
    basically with high intensity workouts.

Really all you have to do is, lift normal heavy weights and bulk by eating clean healthy foods, take the right supplements and the right things, and limiting youself to two cardio sessions per week

but people still
    bulk for 2-4 months
    and cut for 2 months

and i still dont get it is why people complain on why their gains are going down..

Question???
    would you rather look good??? or feel good??

__
    me my program that i have been following has been like this. i dont like bulking but i want a little mass, my gains are from compound exercises (bench, squat, deadlifts) and i use secondary exercises to bodybuild.
    i use strength for my primary lifts and 3x8-10 reps on my secondary lifts, i lift the main body parts on separate days, monday-chest,wednesday-back, friday-legs, and i mainly use 2-3 minute recovery time on my main exercises and secondary lifts i use 1-2 minute recovery time

and yes i have "bulked" up alot but seriously whats the whole idea on doing it, id rather have the body of a body builder, but the strength of a powerlifter

and if you actually put some thought into weightlifting, most of your gains come in the kitchen, not just from working out. That is why when you actually start counting your macros you should times your body weight by 20 and you should only be eating that much when you workout
    40% protein 30% carbs 30% essential fats/vitamins

( i know this is just random ramble but i just want to know your feelings on bulking and cutting)

KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You're not going to be making 'optimal' progress if you're only eating at maintenance and lifting - you have no 'additional' calories for your body to utilize in order to create muscle; all your calories ingested go to FUELLING your body. This is why bulking is recommended.

Originally Posted by KobiDC View Post
    You're not going to be making 'optimal' progress if you're only eating at maintenance and lifting - you have no 'additional' calories for your body to utilize in order to create muscle; all your calories ingested go to FUELLING your body. This is why bulking is recommended.
    yeah i know what you mean bro but still, if your getting the recommended amount of calories that you are wanting, shouldnt you gain alot, if your calculating what you're eating, shouldnt you see results? right now i rarely eat fruits, i eat them but not like i used to, i eat mostly lean meats, vegetables and pastas.
    _
    but why switch up your workout program for just cutting and stuff, or dont most people just continue gaining strength and just limit their daily intake?

KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by dizzyloot1 View Post
    yeah i know what you mean bro but still, if your getting the recommended amount of calories that you are wanting, shouldnt you gain alot, if your calculating what you're eating, shouldnt you see results?
    You won't gain any significant weight unless you are eating OVER your caloric maintenance. Not quite sure what you mean... ??

avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You seem confused so let me spell this out for you.

Calorie surplus = bulking
    Calorie deficit = cutting

Won't gain muscle without a calorie surplus and you won't lose fat without calorie deficit. Eat at maintenence and you will go absolutely nowhere. Good luck with your stagnation goals of 2013, OP.

MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Margin for error. You're never going to get your caloric requirements right on any given day so a buffer of a few hundred calories on either side makes a big difference.

Originally Posted by MrB1g View Post
    Margin for error. You're never going to get your caloric requirements right on any given day so a buffer of a few hundred calories on either side makes a big difference.
    well thats true dude, and i really have been learning about all of this stuff like the last 6 months but i was just wondering why people would want to do that stuff,

i was about to say just eat normal and add a little cardio here and there but extensive amounts of cardio damages your gains
    "You always have someone criticizing your form, the way you do things, and how many times you could do it, but the time when you actually put it to a test, people are amazed"
    -joseph slaven

Anna Kendrick is My 10/10 soloki's Avatar
    Location: Gettin Weird W/ Green Holiday Manlets at, Santa Clause's Crib on, Christmas Island
    soloki is just really nice. (+1000) soloki is just really nice. (+1000) soloki is just really nice. (+1000) soloki is just really nice. (+1000) soloki is just really nice. (+1000) soloki is just really nice. (+1000) soloki is just really nice. (+1000) soloki is just really nice. (+1000) soloki is just really nice. (+1000) soloki is just really nice. (+1000) soloki is just really nice. (+1000)
    OP, never go full potato.