Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Europe Uber Alles EuropeanDream's Avatar
    EuropeanDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) EuropeanDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) EuropeanDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) EuropeanDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) EuropeanDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) EuropeanDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) EuropeanDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) EuropeanDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) EuropeanDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) EuropeanDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) EuropeanDream will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Free will doesn't exist (srs)

Everything you do is a result of genetic and environmental factors. There are no other factors, hence free will doesn't exist.

For those who say "Well look, I chose to post in this thread like this"

True, but if you had a different personality (genetic/environmentally acquired) you may not post in this thread or you may post differently.

Discuss.

Note that Einstein did not believe in free will.
    Last edited by EuropeanDream; 06-19-2013 at 11:05 AM.

EuropeanDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) EuropeanDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) EuropeanDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) EuropeanDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) EuropeanDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) EuropeanDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) EuropeanDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) EuropeanDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) EuropeanDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) EuropeanDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) EuropeanDream will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Fast misc

xfirewolfx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xfirewolfx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xfirewolfx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xfirewolfx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xfirewolfx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xfirewolfx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xfirewolfx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xfirewolfx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xfirewolfx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xfirewolfx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xfirewolfx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I can choose to eat a cheese burger can't I?
    Don't be so quick to throw away your life. No matter how disgraceful or embarrassing it may be, you need to keep struggling to find your way out until the very end.

*Misc mods get a bad rap, they're pretty awesome (crew)*

Skyline796 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skyline796 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skyline796 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skyline796 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skyline796 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skyline796 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skyline796 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skyline796 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skyline796 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skyline796 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skyline796 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    but i didnt post in this thread

Jaccogo is not very well liked. (-100) Jaccogo is not very well liked. (-100) Jaccogo is not very well liked. (-100) Jaccogo is not very well liked. (-100) Jaccogo is not very well liked. (-100) Jaccogo is not very well liked. (-100) Jaccogo is not very well liked. (-100) Jaccogo is not very well liked. (-100) Jaccogo is not very well liked. (-100) Jaccogo is not very well liked. (-100) Jaccogo is not very well liked. (-100)
    okay but now I question your understanding of the human brain. Who is to say that the brain doesn't process millions of possible reactions, narrowing it down to some small number, and in the making of the decision, there is a element of seemingly randomness in picking what to do. What if I call that choice?

wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    my personality told me to not post in this thread because OP is a ******* but I used my free will to post anyways

Originally Posted by xfirewolfx View Post
    I can choose to eat a cheese burger can't I?
    Can you though? Can you choose to eat a cheeseburger or do genetic factors (liability to eat that kind of food) and environmental factors (Hunger, location, etc - all of these factors are also themselves caused by genetic and environmental factors.)

Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    A decision is made through you, not by you.
    In some way you can choose to go by the decision or not.

What animal is this and how does it decide where to go and grow?

xJuggHeadx is a name known to all. (+5000) xJuggHeadx is a name known to all. (+5000) xJuggHeadx is a name known to all. (+5000) xJuggHeadx is a name known to all. (+5000) xJuggHeadx is a name known to all. (+5000) xJuggHeadx is a name known to all. (+5000) xJuggHeadx is a name known to all. (+5000) xJuggHeadx is a name known to all. (+5000) xJuggHeadx is a name known to all. (+5000) xJuggHeadx is a name known to all. (+5000) xJuggHeadx is a name known to all. (+5000)
    someone is forcing me to reply here

trust me, had it been up to me. Theres no way that I would respond to such a chit thread
    ( ‾ʖ̫‾) anti-crew

NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    load of shyte.... strong troll though

Originally Posted by Jaccogo View Post
    okay but now I question your understanding of the human brain. Who is to say that the brain doesn't process millions of possible reactions, narrowing it down to some small number, and in the making of the decision, there is a element of seemingly randomness in picking what to do. What if I call that choice?
    But what is this randomness? How do you know this randomness actually exists and is not just a bunch of genetic and environmental factors?

"Newtonian Determinism says that the universe is a clock, a gigantic clock that’s wound up in the beginning of time and has been ticking ever since according to Newton’s laws of motion. So what you’re going to eat 10 years from now on January 1st has already been fixed. It’s already known using Newton’s laws of motion. Einstein believed in that. Einstein was a determinist."

NHSport is just really nice. (+1000) NHSport is just really nice. (+1000) NHSport is just really nice. (+1000) NHSport is just really nice. (+1000) NHSport is just really nice. (+1000) NHSport is just really nice. (+1000) NHSport is just really nice. (+1000) NHSport is just really nice. (+1000) NHSport is just really nice. (+1000) NHSport is just really nice. (+1000) NHSport is just really nice. (+1000)
    you are free to stop making ****ty threads

Originally Posted by NIguy View Post
    load of shyte.... strong troll though
    So einstein was a troll too?

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ლ(╹◡╹ლ)Calmatmebro CyborgAnarchist's Avatar
    CyborgAnarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyborgAnarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyborgAnarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyborgAnarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyborgAnarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyborgAnarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyborgAnarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyborgAnarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyborgAnarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyborgAnarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyborgAnarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Op was predetermined to *******ry
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \
    (see me hang from the bar)

Bongos is not very helpful. (-500) Bongos is not very helpful. (-500) Bongos is not very helpful. (-500) Bongos is not very helpful. (-500) Bongos is not very helpful. (-500) Bongos is not very helpful. (-500) Bongos is not very helpful. (-500) Bongos is not very helpful. (-500) Bongos is not very helpful. (-500) Bongos is not very helpful. (-500) Bongos is not very helpful. (-500)
    I just realized Free Willy is a play on words.

Jaccogo is not very well liked. (-100) Jaccogo is not very well liked. (-100) Jaccogo is not very well liked. (-100) Jaccogo is not very well liked. (-100) Jaccogo is not very well liked. (-100) Jaccogo is not very well liked. (-100) Jaccogo is not very well liked. (-100) Jaccogo is not very well liked. (-100) Jaccogo is not very well liked. (-100) Jaccogo is not very well liked. (-100) Jaccogo is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by EuropeanDream View Post
    But what is this randomness? How do you know this randomness actually exists and is not just a bunch of genetic and environmental factors?

"Newtonian Determinism says that the universe is a clock, a gigantic clock that’s wound up in the beginning of time and has been ticking ever since according to Newton’s laws of motion. So what you’re going to eat 10 years from now on January 1st has already been fixed. It’s already known using Newton’s laws of motion. Einstein believed in that. Einstein was a determinist."
    I'm supposing that it is a conceived randomness that is not influenced by genetic or environmental factors.

Better Unborn: Haha, but no.

I'm supposing that it is a conceived randomness that is not influenced by genetic or environmental factors.

Better Unborn: Haha, but no.
    What reasons do you have to believe this?

always sleeps with fan on suprabum's Avatar
    suprabum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suprabum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suprabum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suprabum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suprabum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suprabum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suprabum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suprabum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suprabum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suprabum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suprabum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No need to convince me OP. Determinist checking in - it's all science baby. Physics, bio, neurology, chemistry etc etc all bundled into one giant clusterphuk. We're born, we live, we die - still gonna enjoy the ride!

Aren't we all such preddy and unique quazi lottery style snowflakes? Don't crush my dreams OP! Lulz.
    a series of short tasks over a relatively longer period of time is life. altruistic light moves under the cover of your own darkness.. find this inner torch bearer and accompany them to the end. we all walk together, but we all walk alone. there is no understanding or purpose beyond that

-Be optimistic and believe in everything you do-

Cablebob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cablebob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cablebob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cablebob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cablebob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cablebob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cablebob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cablebob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cablebob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cablebob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cablebob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Sounds like Liberal thinking. It's always some else's fault why I do what I do. I didn't have a choice. It was my environment, or my genetics...I was born this way. GTFO.

My free will allows me to say OP is *******.

Originally Posted by suprabum View Post
    No need to convince me OP. Determinist checking in - it's all science baby. Physics, bio, neurology, chemistry etc etc all bundled into one giant clusterphuk. We're born, we live, we die - still gonna enjoy the ride!

Aren't we all such preddy and unique quazi lottery style snowflakes? Don't crush my dreams OP! Lulz.
    don't forget mathematics which is behind it all. math major reporting in

What reasons do you have to believe this?
    It is philosophy, and you are assuming that there isn't some randomness. In fact if we were to demand evidence for all philosophical assertions, then your points made in the OP would be brushed aside because you assume that
    1) you fully understand the two factors

2) there are only two factors influencing an action

because we do not fully understand the human brain, you can not say that then. However because it is wildly accepted in philosophy that we don't need biological evidence to make claims about the universe (though examples are helpful) I don't need to provide reasons past the fact that it is a conjecture which is possible.

Brahizcool is just really nice. (+1000) Brahizcool is just really nice. (+1000) Brahizcool is just really nice. (+1000) Brahizcool is just really nice. (+1000) Brahizcool is just really nice. (+1000) Brahizcool is just really nice. (+1000) Brahizcool is just really nice. (+1000) Brahizcool is just really nice. (+1000) Brahizcool is just really nice. (+1000) Brahizcool is just really nice. (+1000) Brahizcool is just really nice. (+1000)
    Free will ? No such thing.

You have Free choice

You can choose to do something, the result will be decided by the environment factors or God(depending on your beliefs)
    Started compound movements again 01/07/2013

S: 145x5
    B: 135x5 (incline 110 x 8).
    D: 155x5
    OHP: 105x8

Make pain your bitch or its gonna make you its bitch.

PM if you have bulging disk/herniated disk pain, (not a doctor but have experience). I will help.

Originally Posted by Better Unborn View Post
    Randomness doesn't exist. Even enthropy is hardly random. Even the computer-generated "random" numbers are not truly random because all of the outcomes can be pre-determined with good enough technology.
    Yeah I guess you are not going to prove to me that we can know what people are going to do in a non-controlled environment (gonna lmao if you pull out the color test) with more than one variable.

It is philosophy, and you are assuming that there isn't some randomness. In fact if we were to demand evidence for all philosophical assertions, then your points made in the OP would be brushed aside because you assume that
    1) you fully understand the two factors

2) there are only two factors influencing an action

because we do not fully understand the human brain, you can not say that then. However because it is wildly accepted in philosophy that we don't need biological evidence to make claims about the universe (though examples are helpful) I don't need to provide reasons past the fact that it is a conjecture which is possible.
    You are the one making the claim that randomness exists, whereas it cannot be observed anywhere else in nature. It is, as you say, a conjecture, that randomness exists.

suprabum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suprabum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suprabum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suprabum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suprabum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suprabum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suprabum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suprabum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suprabum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suprabum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suprabum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    don't forget mathematics which is behind it all. math major reporting in

of course. math is in everything - hella boring no offense. i guess when you're on dat der theoretical lvl understanding the symmetry in the chaos etc then that could be preddy phukkin' cool, but damn homie what it takes to get there. you gotta luv your job.

repped for not being standard misc simpleton. why so red jigga?
    Last edited by suprabum; 06-19-2013 at 11:17 AM. Reason: spell chek
    a series of short tasks over a relatively longer period of time is life. altruistic light moves under the cover of your own darkness.. find this inner torch bearer and accompany them to the end. we all walk together, but we all walk alone. there is no understanding or purpose beyond that

Yeah I guess you are not going to prove to me that we can know what people are going to do in a non-controlled environment (gonna lmao if you pull out the color test) with more than one variable.
    Just because we cannot know all the time doesn't mean there is free will, it just means we don't have the tools/capacity yet to predict such things.

SoberToaster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoberToaster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoberToaster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoberToaster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoberToaster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoberToaster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoberToaster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoberToaster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoberToaster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoberToaster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoberToaster is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Agree with red but this topic is like beating a Dead horse, and you weren't very convincing.
    *Reps back*
    -Poet Philosopher Artist Dancer Musician who doesn't play any instruments Crew-
    -Craps self and projectile vomits blood when someone asks "How am i doing today" Crew-
    -Unlikes girls when they visit my Okcupid profile and don't like me back crew-

KMCthrice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KMCthrice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KMCthrice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KMCthrice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KMCthrice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KMCthrice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KMCthrice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KMCthrice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KMCthrice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KMCthrice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KMCthrice has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    in on intellectual thread

CH4N8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CH4N8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CH4N8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CH4N8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CH4N8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CH4N8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CH4N8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CH4N8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CH4N8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CH4N8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CH4N8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    so op, do you believe in randomness?
    ☆☆☆ Crews too pathetic to list crew ☆☆☆

Originally Posted by Better Unborn View Post
    Randomness doesn't exist. Even enthropy is hardly random. Even the computer-generated "random" numbers are not truly random because all of the outcomes can be pre-determined with good enough technology.

wizard. what's with all the intelligent miscers surfacing today. raped.

EDIT: on the rc brah