harwin01354 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) harwin01354 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) harwin01354 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) harwin01354 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) harwin01354 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) harwin01354 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) harwin01354 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) harwin01354 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) harwin01354 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) harwin01354 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) harwin01354 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Home made beef jerky question

Hey all silly question but I just can't find the answer..... Ok so I have made my own beef jerky.. Turned out ok, but my question is...

The beef has got smaller as it's cooked.... I weighed about a certain amount of beef after being cooked and I know the nutritional values of it being roasted as normal joint of beef... So my question is is the national values different from the way I have cooked it...

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    The nutrition doesn't change from drying out.

Even if you don't have the original info from the meat, you can still make a pretty accurate guess by copying the nutrition data from shop bought jerky. The fat content may be a little different but it can't be too far out.

With cuts of beef, the label is usually just an educated guess anyway - since fat content will vary from joint to joint.

harwin01354 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) harwin01354 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) harwin01354 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) harwin01354 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) harwin01354 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) harwin01354 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) harwin01354 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) harwin01354 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) harwin01354 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) harwin01354 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) harwin01354 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    The nutrition doesn't change from drying out.

Even if you don't have the original info from the meat, you can still make a pretty accurate guess by copying the nutrition data from shop bought jerky. The fat content may be a little different but it can't be too far out.

With cuts of beef, the label is usually just an educated guess anyway - since fat content will vary from joint to joint.
    I have got the label so I can take it off that... Just hard to belive so much protein can u come from so little food lol happy days

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by harwin01354 View Post
    I have got the label so I can take it off that... Just hard to belive so much protein can u come from so little food lol happy days
    Just thought... I'm not that familiar with the jerky making process - but if it loses more fat than via other cooking processes then you might be better off just using the label of shop bought jerky instead. The protein content should not have been reduced in any event.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Just thought... I'm not that familiar with the jerky making process - but if it loses more fat than via other cooking processes then you might be better off just using the label of shop bought jerky instead. The protein content should not have been reduced in any event.
    I think I will take it off the label.... Cool to see someone from the UK... Do u know any good bulking meals u can get from supermarket like tescos... Seems loads of American meals on here