roytar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roytar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roytar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roytar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roytar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roytar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roytar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roytar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roytar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roytar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roytar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Bulk? Cut? Other? What direction should I go?

I am 5'3", approximately 137lbs. My goal is to achieve a bikini physique. By just looking at my current pictures, what direction should I go? Thank you in advance for your responses.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by roytar; 06-18-2013 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Edited to correct typo.

rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I would suggest starting a recomposition. Eat at maintenance calories and lift heavy. HIIT twice a week if you are physically cleared to do so. Good luck with your goals!! Competing is a great experience.
    Being weak is a choice. So is being strong.

CBBF IFBB Pro Qualifier-August 9, 2014

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If it were me, i would continue to cut and try and wittle some of the fat off the legs a bit more. I have the same issue too, i hold a lot of fat there also. It will take some bulk/cut cycles to really get it, but you look like you have some nice shoulders and should be able to come down some more without being too lean on top. Maybe another 10 pounds or so and re-evaluate.

With that said, its a big ole mental game. so if you find that you just cant focus on cutting any more, then bulk. So it depends on where you are at mentally as well and no one can answer that but you.

I think you have some good potential though.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

roytar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roytar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roytar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roytar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roytar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roytar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roytar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roytar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roytar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roytar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roytar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Thank you for your responses. That is what I was thinking about, but wanted to bring it to the forums. My upper body stays lean and I have no problem bulking and cutting. Now, my lower body is another issue altogether. LOL! I will continue to lift heavy, with a couple HIIT workouts and eat at maintenance and see how that works out.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I would continue with cutting. I think stripping down more fat will give you a better idea of what you have to work with for an overall base. Get yourself down to a decent level of leaness before you start more building.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

SuperSalamiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi!
    I got the same question as OP, so I don't want to make my own thread.
    5'6, 144 lbs. 22% bf; I did a caliper and online things, and they both said the same thing. Ultimately, I want a hard body. Awesome abs, muscles, all that jazz. , Don't know whether to cut/bulk/maintenance. I just started lifting 2-3 months ago, so I'm still a newbie. I was cutting when I started but I didn't see much of a difference and I was adding weight to slowly, so I'm hoping I can either eat at maintenance/bulk.
    Attached Images

Question

One more question. Do you ladies think I should have an extra leg day since that is one of my main weak areas?

Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by roytar View Post
    One more question. Do you ladies think I should have an extra leg day since that is one of my main weak areas?
    I think so. No matter what program I'm following I always add an extra leg day or at the very least add squats on to an upper day.
    You look great BTW :-)

yrot21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yrot21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yrot21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yrot21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yrot21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yrot21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yrot21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yrot21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yrot21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yrot21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yrot21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I agree with others--cut!!!
    Hey, you guise.

Smile

Originally Posted by Cara0915 View Post
    I think so. No matter what program I'm following I always add an extra leg day or at the very least add squats on to an upper day.
    You look great BTW :-)
    Thanks Cara!!

rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by SuperSalamiii View Post
    Hi!
    I got the same question as OP, so I don't want to make my own thread.
    5'6, 144 lbs. 22% bf; I did a caliper and online things, and they both said the same thing. Ultimately, I want a hard body. Awesome abs, muscles, all that jazz. , Don't know whether to cut/bulk/maintenance. I just started lifting 2-3 months ago, so I'm still a newbie. I was cutting when I started but I didn't see much of a difference and I was adding weight to slowly, so I'm hoping I can either eat at maintenance/bulk.
    If you are new to lifting, eating at maintenance and recomping is fine. If your goal is to put on a whole lot of muscle, you could do a lean bulk with a minor calorie surplus (up to 10%), but if you are just looking to get SOME muscle, don't do an extreme bulk, and certainly do not cut.

Originally Posted by roytar View Post
    I'd agree with Cara. Legs 2x/week and also do HIIT on a bike if you can. Really works them legs. They are my weakness as well.