Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    anderson1010 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Rate my workout pls and thank you

I'm 16 and a half. 5' 9' 209lbs
    my goal is to lose weight and look good i dont have barbell just dumbbells
    could you guys look at my workout

Monday: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
    Dumbbell Bench Press
    Dumbbell Incline Bench Press
    Dumbbell Fly
    Dumbbell Incline Fly
    Dumbbell Medial Delt Raise
    Dumbbell Lateral Raise
    Dumbbell Arnold Press
    Dumbbell Shoulder Press
    Dumbbell Overhead Tricep Extensions
    Dumbbell Shrugs
    cardio on treadmill
    core

Tuesday: Back, Biceps, Legs
    One Arm Dumbbell Row
    Underhand Lat Pulldown
    Dumbbell Hammer Curl
    Bodyweight squats
    Quad Extensions
    Calf Raises On Stairs

cardio

core

Wednesday: rest

Thursday: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps I do sets of 10 until i can do no more
    Dumbbell Bench Press
    Dumbbell Shoulder Press
    Dumbbell Shrugs
    Dumbbell Overhead Tricep Extension
    Dumbbell Rows

Friday: Legs Go to failure on sets
    Bodyweight squats
    Calf Raises On Stairs
    cardio
    core

Saturday: cardio on treadmill core 1set of 100 squats

Sunday: cardio on treadmill core 1set if 100 squats

Hairiest ass on the misc biggoron's Avatar
    biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What's your diet look like though?
    LEO

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Those small isolation movements don't do much for building strength or muscle mate. You want big compound, multi-joint movements that involve heavy loads.

Ideally this requires a barbell. Pick up a used one and a bench for a couple bucks.

Ice Cream Fitness 5X5

Originally Posted by biggoron View Post
    What's your diet look like though?
    i'm asian so we kinda eat a lot of rice so i'm just gonna stop eating rice which consist mainly of carbs

and man i just wanna get better for these months and finally find a gym after i can drive next year .a big government test coming up on november
    so i would train till about august or september

ironically i'm using the most heaviest dumbbell at a facility near my house for free its 10kg
    so that's why i'm trying to go to failure on thurs and friday and add one more rep each week
    btw i do 4sets of 10 mostly on everything except for legs

i know my condition lookss terrible but i really need some advice..
    Last edited by anderson1010; 06-18-2013 at 07:45 AM.

biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you want to lose weight, you need to track calories. Calculate your TDEE and BMR (google)
    Eat in a caloric deficit, -500cals a day will lose 1 pound per week.
    Track everything you eat, weigh it, write it down. Or use myfitnesspal to log all your calories. It's great.

No exercise will help you lose weight unless you know what you're eating first.

Good luck.
    LEO

Location: Grimsby, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1. Get rid of your misconceptions
    2. Calculate your calories and macros
    3. Eat about 20% less calories than you burn each day while still meeting minimum protein and fat. Get the remainder of cals from carbs.
    4. Buy a kitchen scale and weigh everything that you eat.
    5. Count calories using a site like MyFitnessPal. Here's how to count properly.
    6. I suggest to Lift heavy weights to preserve muscle mass, on a program like Reverse Pyramid Training.
    7. If nothing happens after 3 weeks, re-examine calculations, and eat less.
    www.********.com/ritchiedrama - Please support my ******** page ~ Online Coaching and Personal Training + Much more useful information!
    www.youtube.com/ritchiedrama7
    www.instagram.com/ritchiedrama

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezyLBJKxbG4 - 2 year Transformation video

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160090901 ~ My powerlifting log.

1 RM's:

Bench: 310 lbs
    Squat: 330 lbs
    Deadlift: 375 lbs

Originally Posted by ritchiedrama View Post
    1. Get rid of your misconceptions
    2. Calculate your calories and macros
    3. Eat about 20% less calories than you burn each day while still meeting minimum protein and fat. Get the remainder of cals from carbs.
    4. Buy a kitchen scale and weigh everything that you eat.
    5. Count calories using a site like MyFitnessPal. Here's how to count properly.
    6. I suggest to Lift heavy weights to preserve muscle mass, on a program like Reverse Pyramid Training.
    7. If nothing happens after 3 weeks, re-examine calculations, and eat less.
    i guess you have that saved someplace haha
    LEO

ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i guess you have that saved someplace haha
    I do now, thanks to dmcdonal9 i asked him if he could send me it so I didn't have to format it lol, so much easier than typing stuff out 20x a day
    www.********.com/ritchiedrama - Please support my ******** page ~ Online Coaching and Personal Training + Much more useful information!

1 RM's:

i will do the research on the calories but man cant i do anything without a barbell even though i know its important but
    i'm still not in the situation to get one....
    cant i gain muscle while burning fat i am really missing my path.....

Originally Posted by anderson1010 View Post
    i will do the research on the calories but man cant i do anything without a barbell even though i know its important but
    i'm still not the situation to get one....
    cant i gain muscle while burning fat i am really missing my path.....
    It's slow building muscle while losing fat. For your age it should be easy.

We're telling you to lift. But you also need to diet. If you want to lose fat, you need to diet. simple.
    LEO

It's slow building muscle while losing fat. For your age it should be easy.

We're telling you to lift. But you also need to diet. If you want to lose fat, you need to diet. simple.
    so the thing is i can still follow the plan i made but just need to look at my diet is that it?

so the thing is i can still follow the plan i made but just need to look at my diet is that it?
    Diet is the most important part of change.

1 RM's:

Quicksilver0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Quicksilver0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Quicksilver0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Quicksilver0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Quicksilver0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Quicksilver0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Quicksilver0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Quicksilver0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Quicksilver0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Quicksilver0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Quicksilver0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post
    Those small isolation movements don't do much for building strength or muscle mate.
    Neither do your quest bars.

Originally Posted by ritchiedrama View Post
    Diet is the most important part of change.
    okay thanks guys repped will count my macros and eat properly hope i get in shape haha

Quicksilver0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Quicksilver0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Quicksilver0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Quicksilver0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Quicksilver0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Quicksilver0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Quicksilver0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Quicksilver0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Quicksilver0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Quicksilver0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Quicksilver0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    okay thanks guys repped will count my macros
    Waste of time, eat what you want, depending on whether you want a healthier digestive system or a less healthier digestive system, just monitor calories.

and eat properly hope i get in shape haha
    This.

Originally Posted by Quicksilver0 View Post
    Waste of time, eat what you want, depending on whether you want a healthier digestive system or a less healthier digestive system, just monitor calories.
    it's not a waste of time. But honestly the only thing to worry about right now is getting enough protein. Don't be too concerned about fats and carbs.

Protein: Get 1-1.5g per pound of LBM.
    LEO

Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post
    Those small isolation movements don't do much for building strength or muscle mate. You want big compound, multi-joint movements that involve heavy loads.

Ideally this requires a barbell. Pick up a used one and a bench for a couple bucks.

Ice Cream Fitness 5X5
    ^^^ Strongly agree

Those isolation movements are fine in addition to the heavy compounds but they won't put any muscle on your frame compared to Squats/Deads/Bench/Pullups.
    My Reverse Diet Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153750981&p=1077733831#post1077733831

Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Neither do your quest bars.
    Quest Bars are delicious! take it back!
    My Reverse Diet Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153750981&p=1077733831#post1077733831

it's not a waste of time. But honestly the only thing to worry about right now is getting enough protein. Don't be too concerned about fats and carbs.
    Yes, it really is. I'm willing to bet (if you get off the gear first) that if you stopped counting macros and just ate what you wanted whilst monitoring calories and continuing to lift and exercise that you'd see exactly the same progress.

Protein: Get 1-1.5g per pound of LBM.
    That's the biggest load of crap out there. In fact, hard medical science generally only puts the g per pound protein ratio at 0.6 for ATHLETES. An ordinary human, even one filled with the gear or jacked to **** doesn't need really need any more than 60g a day.

Yes, it really is. I'm willing to bet (if you get off the gear first) that if you stopped counting macros and just ate what you wanted whilst monitoring calories and continuing to lift and exercise that you'd see exactly the same progress.

That's the biggest load of crap out there. In fact, hard medical science generally only puts the g per pound protein ratio at 0.6 for ATHLETES. An ordinary human, even one filled with the gear or jacked to **** doesn't need really need any more than 60g a day.
    get off the gear? are you serious?

negging you off r/c. You're completely ignorant.
    LEO

get off the gear? are you serious?

negging you off r/c. You're completely ignorant.
    You'd be surprised how many people are on the gear...

And lol at negging me, do you think I care about a virtual status system?

Nitrogen balance techniques suggest that the protein requirements to attain zero nitrogen balance in those that engage in resistance training range from 1.2–2.2 grams of protein per kg of bodyweight [1-6], with the higher amount being required during caloric deficits as energy intake itself has a tremendous nitrogen sparing effect [7].

--------------------
    1. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14971434
    2. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15798080
    3. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1763249
    4. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11023001
    5. http://sportsci.org/jour/9901/rbk.html
    6. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15212752
    7. Millward DJ. Macronutrient intakes as determinants of dietary protein and amino acid adequacy. Nutr. 2004;134:1588S–1596S. Full Text.
    My Reverse Diet Log

TheJoeyS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheJoeyS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheJoeyS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheJoeyS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheJoeyS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheJoeyS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheJoeyS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheJoeyS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheJoeyS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheJoeyS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheJoeyS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Links? Curious to read about this.

Originally Posted by Electricheadd View Post
    Nitrogen balance techniques suggest that the protein requirements to attain zero nitrogen balance in those that engage in resistance training range from 1.2–2.2 grams of protein per kg of bodyweight [1-6], with the higher amount being required during caloric deficits as energy intake itself has a tremendous nitrogen sparing effect [7].
    A (singular vs the numerous far more detailed studies that argue against these ridiculous protein claims) study by protein proponents of the EMRG at McMaster University.

Originally Posted by TheJoeyS View Post
    Links? Curious to read about this.
    he has none, because it doesn't exist
    LEO

he has none, because it doesn't exist
    Took you 18 months to lose less than 100lbs doing it the brotastic bb.com way.

What if I told you that numerous people have done the same, with greater rates of loss, and not lost anything in the way of muscle, by simply ignoring the crap out there and doing it sensibly?

Took you 18 months to lose less than 100lbs doing it the brotastic bb.com way.

What if I told you that numerous people have done the same, with greater rates of loss, and not lost anything in the way of muscle, by simply ignoring the crap out there and doing it sensibly?
    I actually would have lost much more than 100 if I cared about my diet the first 8 months.

Why am I arguing with you.

Go troll someplace else.
    LEO

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    hes a fat guy getting lean in the making, if he takes roids he has embarrassing low lifts and has nothing to show for it. There is a big difference between someone who sees what works in the real life and not a dumb study that has no bearing on anyone's life.
    I need about 1.1g protein, i cannot have less, and make zero progress on anything below that....so im using roids?
    He is also not in a rush, he has an actual job and life that requires him to be able to function and not fall asleep getting people killed from his mistakes.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

Originally Posted by Serpentarius View Post
    hes a fat guy getting lean in the making, if he takes roids he has embarrassing low lifts and has nothing to show for it. There is a big difference between someone who sees what works in the real life and not a dumb study that has no bearing on anyone's life.
    I need about 1.1g protein, i cannot have less, and make zero progress on anything below that....so im using roids?
    He is also not in a rush, he has an actual job and life that requires him to be able to function and not fall asleep getting people killed from his mistakes.
    Not just roids included in "the gear", there is HGH, TRT, etc, etc.

1.1g eh? What if I told you I've seen people (drug free) eating around 60-70g and constantly improving their lifts? In fact I've seen a 50kg 17 year old South Korean girl set records eating only around 40g per day.

cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not just roids included in "the gear", there is HGH, TRT, etc, etc.

1.1g eh? What if I told you I've seen people (drug free) eating around 60-70g and constantly improving their lifts? In fact I've seen a 50kg 17 year old South Korean girl set records eating only around 40g per day.
    Why are you here?
    *LF Chat Crew
    *Misc KneeDraggers Crew
    *Misc Photography Crew
    *Misc Running Crew
    *Spring Cutters Crew
    *Misc Beard Crew
    *Child-Bearing Hips Crew