kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000)

Is there a "tweener" exercise I can do?

Hello All I was wondering if one of you trainers might be so kind and lend me some advise on this.

On bench days at the gym we usually do supersets of sub max dips. I'm having a problem with parallel dips. Aside from strength issues preventing me from getting in to many reps I get a pain in (either) my anterior deltoid or subvclavius (I can't tell which but my guess is more towards the delt being the issue). On the other hand I can do an insane amount of bench dips, with weight, without weight, with or without chains, vests etc etc. It's almost non productive as a superset for me.

So I'm trying to find something that's in-between the 2 until I can get to the bottom of the parallel problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. TIA!
    You have to train your mind the same way you train your body. You must protect it against the negative and feed it with the positive. Be mindful of what you watch, what you read and who you allow to influence you. Learn to consider your thoughts emotions and actions. Trust your gut face your fears head on and never quit. AJ Roberts

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143102443

southernsmoke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) southernsmoke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) southernsmoke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) southernsmoke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) southernsmoke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) southernsmoke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) southernsmoke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) southernsmoke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) southernsmoke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) southernsmoke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) southernsmoke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Have you tried an assisted dip machine or seated dip machine? Those can help perform the same motion but is able to take resistance off in order to compensate for your deltoid issue and focus more on the triceps.

kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by southernsmoke View Post
    Have you tried an assisted dip machine or seated dip machine? Those can help perform the same motion but is able to take resistance off in order to compensate for your deltoid issue and focus more on the triceps.
    We don't have the assist machines at my gym but thank you all the same.
    You have to train your mind the same way you train your body. You must protect it against the negative and feed it with the positive. Be mindful of what you watch, what you read and who you allow to influence you. Learn to consider your thoughts emotions and actions. Trust your gut face your fears head on and never quit. AJ Roberts

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you're feeling pain, you might be dipping too low. You can get a resistance band- the ones that look like giant rubber bands to use to take off some of your bodyweight.

Jobins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jobins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jobins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jobins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jobins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jobins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jobins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jobins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jobins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jobins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jobins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Have you seen a doctor regarding the pain?

Be sure that youre routinely incorporating rotational exercises that target the smaller, rotator cuff muscles on shoulder day.

Given that your gym doesnt have the assisted dipping machine, resistance band is the next best thing.

Originally Posted by Partyrocking View Post
    If you're feeling pain, you might be dipping too low. You can get a resistance band- the ones that look like giant rubber bands to use to take off some of your bodyweight.
    Originally Posted by Jobins View Post
    Have you seen a doctor regarding the pain?

Be sure that youre routinely incorporating rotational exercises that target the smaller, rotator cuff muscles on shoulder day.

Given that your gym doesnt have the assisted dipping machine, resistance band is the next best thing.
    Thanks guys. I'll try the resistance band next week. I use it to help me with pull ups already. Great suggestion.

cptfreddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cptfreddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cptfreddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cptfreddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cptfreddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cptfreddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cptfreddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cptfreddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cptfreddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cptfreddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cptfreddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Resistance bands are a good idea but if the pain is still there I'd go see your doctor
    Mind Over Matter

Thats How I Teach Fitness

Thats How I Became A Certified Personal Trainer

http://www.cptstudyguide.com - Certified Personal Trainer Study Guide

ACE - Personal Trainer Certification

Originally Posted by cptfreddie View Post
    Resistance bands are a good idea but if the pain is still there I'd go see your doctor
    Thank you. I will.