Zedonkgirl is just really nice. (+1000) Zedonkgirl is just really nice. (+1000) Zedonkgirl is just really nice. (+1000) Zedonkgirl is just really nice. (+1000) Zedonkgirl is just really nice. (+1000) Zedonkgirl is just really nice. (+1000) Zedonkgirl is just really nice. (+1000) Zedonkgirl is just really nice. (+1000) Zedonkgirl is just really nice. (+1000) Zedonkgirl is just really nice. (+1000) Zedonkgirl is just really nice. (+1000)

I'd like to add cardio to my workouts, suggestions?

I normally just do 10 mins of warm-up elliptical.
    I have a bad hip so I don't want anything too high-impact.
    Just have gotten bored of using the elliptical...:/
    Want something that I can do for 30 mins-1 hour so that I'm doing cardio as well as weight training.

EmmaPericaud90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It depends on what is wrong with your hip and how bad it is...
    There are a few things you can do, circuit training can be good cardio.
    Other things like swimming or hill walks if you want longer sessions can be good too.
    If you want something more intense I'd recommend a boxing class. That's great cardio. Hope this helps

kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000)
    What is the problem with your hip?
    You have to train your mind the same way you train your body. You must protect it against the negative and feed it with the positive. Be mindful of what you watch, what you read and who you allow to influence you. Learn to consider your thoughts emotions and actions. Trust your gut face your fears head on and never quit. AJ Roberts

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143102443

Zedonkgirl is just really nice. (+1000) Zedonkgirl is just really nice. (+1000) Zedonkgirl is just really nice. (+1000) Zedonkgirl is just really nice. (+1000) Zedonkgirl is just really nice. (+1000) Zedonkgirl is just really nice. (+1000) Zedonkgirl is just really nice. (+1000) Zedonkgirl is just really nice. (+1000) Zedonkgirl is just really nice. (+1000) Zedonkgirl is just really nice. (+1000) Zedonkgirl is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've had 9 hip surgeries, mechanically everything works but my joint itself isn't too strong. Been told to avoid running if possible. It's painful for me.

kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Zedonkgirl View Post
    I've had 9 hip surgeries, mechanically everything works but my joint itself isn't too strong. Been told to avoid running if possible. It's painful for me.
    Wow! 9 surgeries...that out-n-out sucks Sorry for your trouble with it.

I have hip dysplasia which is not nearly in the same category as what you have had to endure but I understand the hip joint problem. It keeps me from running also. I use a stationary bike and rower or I'll do burpees, mountain climbers or semi-heavy KB swings in sets of 25-50 to get my heart rate up. The last 3 make a pretty killer cardio circuit but I don't recommend it on a heavy lifting day. Another thing you might try is speed bear complexes, done right you can get a good cardio blast from that to.

All the best to you.
    You have to train your mind the same way you train your body. You must protect it against the negative and feed it with the positive. Be mindful of what you watch, what you read and who you allow to influence you. Learn to consider your thoughts emotions and actions. Trust your gut face your fears head on and never quit. AJ Roberts

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143102443

tinnsla will become famous soon enough. (+50) tinnsla will become famous soon enough. (+50) tinnsla will become famous soon enough. (+50) tinnsla will become famous soon enough. (+50) tinnsla will become famous soon enough. (+50) tinnsla will become famous soon enough. (+50) tinnsla will become famous soon enough. (+50) tinnsla will become famous soon enough. (+50) tinnsla will become famous soon enough. (+50) tinnsla will become famous soon enough. (+50) tinnsla will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What about walking at an incline? rowing? Swimming is an awesome cardio workout. And jump rope too.

RussianGerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RussianGerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RussianGerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RussianGerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RussianGerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RussianGerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RussianGerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RussianGerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RussianGerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RussianGerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RussianGerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Not sure why people hate on cardio.

Originally Posted by kjake55 View Post
    Wow! 9 surgeries...that out-n-out sucks Sorry for your trouble with it.

I have hip dysplasia which is not nearly in the same category as what you have had to endure but I understand the hip joint problem. It keeps me from running also. I use a stationary bike and rower or I'll do burpees, mountain climbers or semi-heavy KB swings in sets of 25-50 to get my heart rate up. The last 3 make a pretty killer cardio circuit but I don't recommend it on a heavy lifting day. Another thing you might try is speed bear complexes, done right you can get a good cardio blast from that to.

All the best to you.
    I have hip dysplasia too, they just discovered it very late and I've had a lot of complications.
    Thanks for the advice, I'll try it out!