Jaegang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jaegang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jaegang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How do I eat to do high volume cardio on a keto like diet without stuffing keto up?

I want to do a half marathon in a month and have been training this year with some breaks. Last time I did my half marathon, I notice I had still body fat around tummy and face.

I want to get the 6 pack 7 percent body fat look. I estimate myself at arounr 11% comparing with people's bf according to their pictures.

I am currently doing high protein low carb low to medium fat diet. Problem is no energy for runs. Having said that running on low carb forces body to use fat efficiently for runs which is good after 1 hour of running for those fun runs.

This is my current diet/exercise pattern

630 am 1 banana 1 egg and some bowl tune or 1 cube slice of cheese(93 percent less fat cheese) [All my cheese slice are rectangular shape 6cm x 4 cm x 0.3 cm]

700 am run 8-9km

8 am post run 1 slice of cheese 1 cup of green tea

1030 am 1 small can of tuna in brine

1300 pm 1 piece of skinless chicken or lean steak beef cooked on grill + 1 slice piece cheese + steamed green veges

1700 pm 1/2 piece of skinless chicken 1 slice cheese

1800 pm gym work out for 1 hour

1900 dinner 1.5-2 pieces skinless chicken / lean beef steak with steamed green veges

I do cardio 4 times a week

I wanna ask 2 things..
    1) to maintain ketosis, can I have carbo prior and after cardio/workouts and how much carbo? Is milk drinks ok?

2) I want to do longer than 8km runs and I do not have enough glycogen stores to do it. Should I have a carbo meal night before a long run or just a good carbo meal 2-3 hours before?

Thanks for the input.
    The difference between me and that famous guy in the magazine or the internet is one thing.

TAKING ACTION.

Stuff talent or genes. Taking action is all I need.

Completed Olympic distance triathlon
    32 mins : 1 hr 13 mins : 55 mins

rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Carbs before running is the way to go. They get used up during the run, so it isnt really a big deal. they give you that extra boost you need however. Taking some in afterwards is aight too, as they should get used up pretty quickly as well for recovery. As to how much... well everyone is different. you'll have to figure that out by trial and error. I would treat after the run as after a workout. myself, I do about 30 grams of protien, 20 grams of carbs before and after, and seem to do aight, but I'm not running 9 K every day either.
    Signature donated to the memory of Raprazant.

Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    First off I would never advocate a diet where protein is higher than fats and carbs combined...........big mistake especially for endurance athletes.

YOU MUST HAVE MORE FAT. Otherwise it's not a bodybuilder's CKD.....that's for sure.

secondly.........if I were going to compete in a marathon.........I would not do it while cutting and especially not on Keto.

I wouldn' risk the chance of diet or my implementation of it hindering my preformance.

PEACE

_AJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Chi_town
    First off I would never advocate a diet where protein is higher than fats and carbs combined...........big mistake especially for endurance athletes.

YOU MUST HAVE MORE FAT. Otherwise it's not a bodybuilder's CKD.....that's for sure.

secondly.........if I were going to compete in a marathon.........I would not do it while cutting and especially not on Keto.

I wouldn' risk the chance of diet or my implementation of it hindering my preformance.

PEACE
    This board has an article, stating to do exactly that! So what's your take on it.

Here is the Link

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kelly3.htm

Jaegang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jaegang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jaegang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks chi,

im just curious whats wrong with taking prot+carb>fat for keto diet?

and for ckd/keto diet.. what should the fatrot:carb ratio be daily?

im taking a good serving of cheese a day even if its 93 percent less fat. isnt that enuf fat?
    The difference between me and that famous guy in the magazine or the internet is one thing.

TAKING ACTION.

Stuff talent or genes. Taking action is all I need.

Completed Olympic distance triathlon
    32 mins : 1 hr 13 mins : 55 mins

Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If prtoein is the main source of fuel and you skip or are late for even 1 meal......muscle will be lost.

A simple way to compute is.....

1g of protein per lb.......
    30-50g of carbs....mostly comming from fiberous green veggies.
    the rest for fat.

What makes a CKD work........is the fat.......fat must be high enough. With a sufficently high fat intake, the rate of protein conversion decreases drasticly........thus sparring more muscle.

Just becasue you are ketonic does not mean you are sparring muscle. Fat and protein must be high enough.

_AJ,

This is what you speak of, I take it.....

Low calorie/low carb portion

Duration - All day on weight training off days and ½ day on weight training days.
    Caloric intake - 10-12 x bodyweight
    Macronutrient ratio - 50% protein 30% fat and 20% carbohydrate
    High calorie/high carb portion

Duration - on weight training days only. From the beginning of the weight training session until bedtime.
    Caloric intake - The same amount as you would take in during a normal low calorie day but these calories are to be consumed in a time span of 6-8 hours. ( 10-12 x bw or 1600-1900 calories for a 160 lb individual)
    Macronutrient ratio - 20% protein 5% fat and 75% carbohydrate
    Maintenance calorie/carb portion

Duration - weekends
    Caloric intake - 15 x bodyweight
    Macronutrient ratio - 50% protein 30% fat and 20% carbohydrate
    This can and has worked for some, I am sure. The question is ......is this the best way to do it ? It may be for some.....but remember if a person is late or skips even 1 meal durring the low carb portion.........muscle will be lost. IMO it takes way to much discipline and unless it is executed to the "T"......most people will have worse results than expected.

Also........this is not a Ketonic Diet or a CKD, by any means........Ketosis would never be reached.

PEACE