Thread: Measuring Gains

Owl616 is not very well liked. (-100) Owl616 is not very well liked. (-100) Owl616 is not very well liked. (-100) Owl616 is not very well liked. (-100) Owl616 is not very well liked. (-100) Owl616 is not very well liked. (-100) Owl616 is not very well liked. (-100) Owl616 is not very well liked. (-100) Owl616 is not very well liked. (-100) Owl616 is not very well liked. (-100) Owl616 is not very well liked. (-100)

Measuring Gains

I never really thought too much about this, but what is the most accurate way to measure your mass gains? What I'm saying is, for example, biceps- do you measure your bicep while contracting the muscle? while resting? or after workout? I'm sure you know what I mean. This concerns all muscles too like chest and thigh size.

robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If you're talking about measuring your muscles with a measuring tape, then the 'best' time is the same time every day.

I no longer take measurements, but I used to like a fanatic. I took them every morning upon awakening. You may be a bit 'smaller' then, but who cares? It's the changes that are important.

The ultimate guide is the mirror. If you see yourself sprouting forth bigger muscles and/or less fat and you like what you see, then that's success.

Rob

ChinBo37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ^
    |
    |
    |
    |

Yea, he is right, the mirror is a good place to measure gains. Additionally the best places to measure gains are in the weightroom, and on the scale.

If u are getting stronger, chances are u are getting bigger.

If u are gaining weight, and it isnt fat, u are def gaining muscle.
    N.B.S. ... u know who u are ...

Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    scales arent a very good place to measure gains. Becuase muscle burns off fat. So you could have gained muslce but lost the same weight in fat if you see what i mean. (example: you gained 10lbs of muscle and lost 10lbs of fat)
    So you'll be making progress but it wont show up on the scales.

dawued will become famous soon enough. (+50) dawued will become famous soon enough. (+50) dawued will become famous soon enough. (+50) dawued will become famous soon enough. (+50) dawued will become famous soon enough. (+50) dawued will become famous soon enough. (+50) dawued will become famous soon enough. (+50) dawued will become famous soon enough. (+50) dawued will become famous soon enough. (+50) dawued will become famous soon enough. (+50) dawued will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    in regards to ^
    How can you tell the difference between muscle gain and fat loss? How can you tell if you are gaining muscle or if you ae gaining fat. it is hard to look in the mirror and tell the diffeence, we see ourselves everyday so one will get use to what we see. How do i know if i gained 5lbs of muscle or 5 lbs of fat..? If you gain 5lbs of muscle and lose 5lbs of fat your weight will be the same so how do you know what tyoe of advancement you made...?

Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by dawued
    in regards to ^
    How can you tell the difference between muscle gain and fat loss? How can you tell if you are gaining muscle or if you ae gaining fat. it is hard to look in the mirror and tell the diffeence, we see ourselves everyday so one will get use to what we see. How do i know if i gained 5lbs of muscle or 5 lbs of fat..? If you gain 5lbs of muscle and lose 5lbs of fat your weight will be the same so how do you know what tyoe of advancement you made...?

weigh yourself on the scales and also take your bodyfat measurement with one of those (er, i've completely forgotten what they're called) things that you pinch your fat with to find out how much is there. Write down the weight and bodyfat .

Then when about a month later or when you want to see how your doing - weigh yourself and take your bodyfat reading. If your weight has gone up and your bodyfat reading is the same (or near enough the same b/c you'll gain some fat while bulking) then you know that your extra weight is muslce.

Or if your weight has gone up and your bodyfat has gone up quite a bit then you'll know its mostly fat and to lower your carbs

Understand? Or you can just look in the mirror only once a month. That way you'll notice changes as you're not seeing yourself everyday.

Owl616 is not very well liked. (-100) Owl616 is not very well liked. (-100) Owl616 is not very well liked. (-100) Owl616 is not very well liked. (-100) Owl616 is not very well liked. (-100) Owl616 is not very well liked. (-100) Owl616 is not very well liked. (-100) Owl616 is not very well liked. (-100) Owl616 is not very well liked. (-100) Owl616 is not very well liked. (-100) Owl616 is not very well liked. (-100)
    yea thanks, I understand totally. I was looking at a catalog that has digital calipers that basically instruct you when to pinch in each of the areas and give you the results at the end. I'd like to know how accurate this is, I've never got my bodyfat % tested

BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by dawued
    in regards to ^
    How can you tell the difference between muscle gain and fat loss? How can you tell if you are gaining muscle or if you ae gaining fat. it is hard to look in the mirror and tell the diffeence, we see ourselves everyday so one will get use to what we see.
    Digicam, take a pic every week. Compare.