LENNSTER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What kind of protein does sunflower seeds have?

I eat a lot of sunflower seeds and i just want to know what kind of protein they have in them.
    Cause like i was thinking that it might have soy protein because its a vegetable. And i read that soy protein lower testosterone, so i just was curious.

oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000)
    its not really soy protein, its just an incomplete protein.

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Re: What kind of protein does sunflower seeds have?

Originally posted by LENNSTER
    I eat a lot of sunflower seeds and i just want to know what kind of protein they have in them.
    Cause like i was thinking that it might have soy protein because its a vegetable. And i read that soy protein lower testosterone, so i just was curious.

soy protein is found in SOY. This is a type of legume. It is like saying that beef protein is found in eggs because they are both from animal sources.

Sunflower seeds are a SEED. Hence, they have a form of incomplete protein. People say that, as it is incomplete it is of no benifit, but this is a myth. Sure - a complete protein may give you all the amino acids at once but protein is protein and your body will still use the amino acids to help build and repair its tissues. Plus, you can combine it with a grain of some discription to form a complete amino acid profile. However, it will have a lower BV and AAC than some of the more traditional sources of protein such as meats and dairy (and soy for that matter - soy protein has a BV of 80-85% which ranks higher than beef on the BV score and has a AAC of 1 - a perfect score). Sunflower seeds have about 6.5g of protein per 30g of seeds... which is not too bad.

So - There are better sources but they are definately not doing you harm.

ps: Soy is not that bad for testosterone. Do a search on soy protein on the forum and go and look at some of the links to research articles that people have posted... make up your own mind.

pss: It is not the soy PROTEIN that people get all worked up about - but another substance found in soy - phytooestrogens.
    Last edited by Emma-Leigh; 08-06-2003 at 08:41 PM.