Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Couple of questions from the new guy

Hi, so I've been 'training' for about 10 months now. Mostly cutting with some gym sessions and now that I decided to bulk, I also decided to spend a couple of bucks on supplements.

So far I got the basic: Optimum Whey Protein, fish oils and multivitamins.

My questions

1. I plan to get Muscle Pharm Combat as a post workout. Is it better than the normal Optimum Whey protein (since it's a blend). Should I get Muscle Pharm Combat or Re-Con?

2. If I take Muscle Pharm Assault as a pre-workout, which has 5g creatine - that's enough creatine for one day, correct? Should I bother taking creatine on off gym days? (I currently go to gym 4 days a week, 2 other days are cardio and 1 rest day).

3. Mixing protein after workout - what do you go with? For the past week (first week on protein) I've been doing it with water. But I have also read in more than one place than you should, ideally have 2:1 carb/protein in your post workout shake. So would it be better to mix it with some Lucozade or something like that?

Thanks for your help and opinions!!

mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    2. 5 grams is enough creatine daily. I would pick up some bulk creatine mono for off days.
    1/3. Protein timing doesn't matter as long as you hit your needed amount for the day.

j1zip will become famous soon enough. (+50) j1zip will become famous soon enough. (+50) j1zip will become famous soon enough. (+50) j1zip will become famous soon enough. (+50) j1zip will become famous soon enough. (+50) j1zip will become famous soon enough. (+50) j1zip will become famous soon enough. (+50) j1zip will become famous soon enough. (+50) j1zip will become famous soon enough. (+50) j1zip will become famous soon enough. (+50) j1zip will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mtownballer20 View Post
    2. 5 grams is enough creatine daily. I would pick up some bulk creatine mono for off days.
    1/3. Protein timing doesn't matter as long as you hit your needed amount for the day.
    ^this^
    Protein is protein the difference in performance is so minimal between brands and types that you would never notice. The only real differences are taste, mixability, price and how it effects your stomach. Cheap proteins like Body Fortress hurt my stomach on occasion and mix like chit. Combat Powder Vanilla and Cookies & Cream are excellent! ON protein powder is ok in my opion.

If your really serious learn about nutrition and macros. It will make more of an impact then any supplement.
    Goals for 2013

Bench 315
    Squat 315 x 10
    Deadlift 315 x 10
    Shoulder Press 225 x 5

Current

Bench 245 x 5
    Squat 245x 10
    Deadlift 255 x 10
    Shoulder Press 155 x 10

Swollberg is just really nice. (+1000) Swollberg is just really nice. (+1000) Swollberg is just really nice. (+1000) Swollberg is just really nice. (+1000) Swollberg is just really nice. (+1000) Swollberg is just really nice. (+1000) Swollberg is just really nice. (+1000) Swollberg is just really nice. (+1000) Swollberg is just really nice. (+1000) Swollberg is just really nice. (+1000) Swollberg is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mtownballer20 View Post
    This..

Also the post workout shake is complete broscience. The protein to carb ratio doesn't matter unless you were in a fasted state beforehand. Chances are if you ate 2-4 hours before training your body will still have increased muscle protein synthesis greater than what a post workout shake would have done for you. Alan Aragon has research on meal timing, in which the above is stated.
    Science Mofo
    Admin @ Hollywood's Rabid Cage
    IG: Barbells.Brews

Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by j1zip View Post
    ^this^
    Protein is protein the difference in performance is so minimal between brands and types that you would never notice. The only real differences are taste, mixability, price and how it effects your stomach. Cheap proteins like Body Fortress hurt my stomach on occasion and mix like chit. Combat Powder Vanilla and Cookies & Cream are excellent! ON protein powder is ok in my opion.

If your really serious learn about nutrition and macros. It will make more of an impact then any supplement.
    Oh I have. I am only new to the 'supplement' section

I completely understand that nutrition and program are still key to success. I see supplements only as a little hand in helping me reach macros, for instance.

I am going with a normal 40/40/20 split and try to take 1.3-1.4 grams of protein per pound of body weight. However for various reasons (primarily me having on a mini fridge) I find it hard to reach those macros without some help.

So I decided to go for protein at first, but after reading a bit on supplements I was introduced into thing like BCAA and Glutamine, and now I'm considering other thing.

My 'to be decided' thing now is this: Which post-workout to take? The choice lies between Muscle Pharm Recon (BCAA blend) and Muscle Pharm Combat (protein blend). Which would you guys recommend if you could only chose one? Primarily goal being muscle and strength gain.

xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Violander View Post
    Hi, so I've been 'training' for about 10 months now. Mostly cutting with some gym sessions and now that I decided to bulk, I also decided to spend a couple of bucks on supplements.

So far I got the basic: Optimum Whey Protein, fish oils and multivitamins.

My questions

1. I plan to get Muscle Pharm Combat as a post workout. Is it better than the normal Optimum Whey protein (since it's a blend). Should I get Muscle Pharm Combat or Re-Con?

2. If I take Muscle Pharm Assault as a pre-workout, which has 5g creatine - that's enough creatine for one day, correct? Should I bother taking creatine on off gym days? (I currently go to gym 4 days a week, 2 other days are cardio and 1 rest day).

3. Mixing protein after workout - what do you go with? For the past week (first week on protein) I've been doing it with water. But I have also read in more than one place than you should, ideally have 2:1 carb/protein in your post workout shake. So would it be better to mix it with some Lucozade or something like that?

Thanks for your help and opinions!!
    1 - Go with whatever protein you want. Blends don't really matter...it's up to what you enjoy. I personally enjoy the taste of Phase 8, so I buy Phase 8. Casein is a little heavier, whey liquifies easier imo... It doesn't matter which you pick. Just pick one that you like.

2 - Take 5 grams on off days as well. 3 grams - 5 grams total. Creatine Monohydrate is cheap for your off days.

3 - If you feel like you need some fast acting sugars or extra BCAAs or whatever, that is entirely up to you. Listen to your body. Some days after workouts I am good to go with just water otherwise I mix my protein with some apple juice & strawberries to get some sugar.
    The journey toward perfection is ALWAYS a path of successes AND failures.

NO REPS LEFT BEHIND!!!