Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    JesseV87 is a name known to all. (+5000) JesseV87 is a name known to all. (+5000) JesseV87 is a name known to all. (+5000) JesseV87 is a name known to all. (+5000) JesseV87 is a name known to all. (+5000) JesseV87 is a name known to all. (+5000) JesseV87 is a name known to all. (+5000) JesseV87 is a name known to all. (+5000) JesseV87 is a name known to all. (+5000) JesseV87 is a name known to all. (+5000) JesseV87 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by cellshot View Post
    What PS3 exclusives will not be on PS4?
    GTA V
    Beyond Two Souls
    Arkham Origins

Sorry I should've said exclusive to the current-gen, not exclusive to PS3.

rattler280 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rattler280 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rattler280 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rattler280 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rattler280 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rattler280 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rattler280 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rattler280 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rattler280 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rattler280 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rattler280 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just pre-ordered a PS4. There is no going back now. The 360 is one of the best consoles I have owned in terms of fun though.

Microsoft y u do dis to me . Sony wins this round.
    Canada for Trump 2016

Canadiangunnutz
    NFA and CSSA member

mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TheFrenzy View Post
    XBL is better simply because its MORE secure. remember when PSN went down for like a month because some hacker got in? that would never happen with xbox. friends of mine literally dont want to put their cards on psn because of hackers. and now you have to PAY for that feature? no thanks

also, as an ALL IN ONE system..isnt the xbox better? from a "gamers only' standpoint the ps has a slight advantage...but as an all in one entertainment system i dont see how anyone could say the x1 isnt better.

i will say, if it wasnt for the girly itty bitty terrible controller, i woould have bought a p3. thank god i didnt though.

EDIT: there isnt party chat with PSN? LOLOL. and yea, i use party chat all the time with friends playing other games. everyone does.
    The hack debacle is exactly why PSN was re architected and is technically even more secure than xbl is now. Just sayin.

But I don't blame end users for still being upset about that.

Also there IS party chat on the ps3 today, there is NOT cross game chat, that comes with the ps4

As far as the all in one features
    Making it better? In no logical world would that box be better from a sheer performance side. You are immediately losing 30% of your system resources to OS task in the background. Crippling pipeline for the developers to use.

We're going to see a lot more titles developed for ps4 and throttled down due to the xbone architecture.
    Redwings|Badgers|Packers

"A father is a man who expects his children to be as good as he meant to be."

PSN: mrawdtsi
    XBL: Xxmr4wdTRDxX

cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mr4wdTRD View Post
    The hack debacle is exactly why PSN was re architected and is technically even more secure than xbl is now. Just sayin.

They put in party chat and its game over Xbox Live...........for me anyways
    --Puts hand on ass and blows protein farts and sniffs it crew
    --Think I have secret powers I just haven't unlocked yet crew
    --lol'ed at Xbox 180 backtracking crew
    --Think every girl who is nice to me wants the d crew

TheFrenzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFrenzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFrenzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFrenzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFrenzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFrenzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFrenzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFrenzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFrenzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFrenzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFrenzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

im still always hearng my friends complaining baout PSN being down.

i dont get what youre saying i guess. it just seems ps4 is focusing more towards gamers while xbox is taking the smarter approach and targeting EVERYONE with its all in one settings. it seems like it has a lot more as far as entertainment goes. and as much as ppl hate on kinnect, bishes LOVE it. get a dane/bowling/golf game and invite a female over. they eat that chit up lmao. but in very simple terms, why is the PS4 better than the XBOX as a WHOLE. everything included. like you said, used games/online check isnt a big deal. both onlines are the same price roughly. why is the ps4 better as a WHOLE in an unbiased approach?
    Last edited by TheFrenzy; 06-11-2013 at 10:36 AM.

mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

but what about my "all in one" statement?

edit: reading your response now..
    PSN has not gone down since the hack other than regular server maintenence window, just like xbl.
    Redwings|Badgers|Packers

i dont get what youre saying i guess. it just seems ps4 is focusing more towards gamers while xbox is taking the smarter approach and targeting EVERYONE with its all in one settings. it seems like it has a lot more as far as entertainment goes. and as much as ppl hate on kinnect, bishes LOVE it. get a dane/bowling/golf game and invite a female over. they eat that chit up lmao. but in very simple terms, why is the PS4 better than the XBOX as a WHOLE. everything included. like you said, used games/online check isnt a big deal. both onlines are the same price roughly. why is the ps4 better as a WHOLE in an unbiased approach?

Here is my thought from a sheer business perspective. I understand what the xbone is trying to accomplish in the media center space. The problem is they are about 5 years too late.

The xbone isn't just competing with the ps4 as a gaming console, it's competing with the bevy of media centers that are already out there in the millions.

Smart tvs
    Wifi cable boxes
    Boxee box
    TiVo
    Apple TV
    Roku box
    Wd streaming media box
    Media center pcs.

They are entering an already saturated market and facing a serious amount of competition that is highly successful

Only time will tell
    How successful it is, but I would never put my Money behind something that I personally believe wont take hold in the marketplace as a "norm"

Using the term "everyone" is grossly in accurate. The amount of connected smart tvs and media boxes that already flood the market will prove that the media features in the xbone will only appeal to users who don't already have that functionality.

You are a minority, and fit the niche market that the xbone will sell to.
    Redwings|Badgers|Packers

209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Please see my above post.

What makes xbl a "better live experience?"

Nothing, they are virtually identical. With the exception of cross game chat, I'll concede to that. But answer me honestly, how often is that used?
    XboxLive def has more apps. ESPN for example. Above all though PSN is a smaller community. I hardly EVER see threads of PS gamers getting together to play Madden/FIFA/CoD for example. Xbox threads are everywhere - nobody I know even really owns a PS.

I've heard that latency is more of an issue on PSN but i have no proof to back this up.
    Jesus/Gators/ManUtd/Investing

**Dad Crew**

---I drive with my sun visor down all year Crew---

XBL: SamRothstein712

Originally Posted by 209vaughn View Post
    XboxLive def has more apps. ESPN for example. Above all though PSN is a smaller community. I hardly EVER see threads of PS gamers getting together to play Madden/FIFA/CoD for example. Xbox threads are everywhere - nobody I know even really owns a PS.

I've heard that latency is more of an issue on PSN but i have no proof to back this up.
    The only time there is more latency on PSN is when it's an fps that uses p2p. Otherwise PSN is technically faster than xbl but only as much as a few ms. It's negligible in most cases.
    Redwings|Badgers|Packers

Registered User troublesolstice's Avatar
    troublesolstice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) troublesolstice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) troublesolstice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) troublesolstice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) troublesolstice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) troublesolstice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) troublesolstice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) troublesolstice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) troublesolstice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) troublesolstice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) troublesolstice is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    wiiu. srs
    i didnt own a wii and now that i found out its backwards compatible i just might get it.

ps4/xbone will have to wait until theyre like favorite women, slim and cheap.

TheFrenzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFrenzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFrenzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFrenzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFrenzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFrenzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFrenzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFrenzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFrenzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFrenzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFrenzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Here is my thought from a sheer business perspective. I understand what the xbone is trying to accomplish in the media center space. The problem is they are about 5 years too late.

The xbone isn't just competing with the ps4 as a gaming console, it's competing with the bevy of media centers that are already out there in the millions.

Smart tvs
    Wifi cable boxes
    Boxee box
    TiVo
    Apple TV
    Roku box
    Wd streaming media box
    Media center pcs.

They are entering an already saturated market and facing a serious amount of competition that is highly successful

Only time will tell
    How successful it is, but I would never put my Money behind something that I personally believe wont take hold in the marketplace as a "norm"

Using the term "everyone" is grossly in accurate. The amount of connected smart tvs and media boxes that already flood the market will prove that the media features in the xbone will only appeal to users who don't already have that functionality.

i guess my question is; do you think the xboxone as an all in one entertainment system is better than the p4?
    and if not, why are YOU choosing p4 over x1

Lord_Lemon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lord_Lemon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lord_Lemon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lord_Lemon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lord_Lemon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lord_Lemon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lord_Lemon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lord_Lemon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lord_Lemon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lord_Lemon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lord_Lemon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Smart tvs
    Wifi cable boxes
    Boxee box
    TiVo
    Apple TV
    Roku box
    Wd streaming media box
    Media center pcs.

Only time will tell

not gonna lie, I can see myself seamlessly switching on the fly from watching a movie or tv to playing a game then snapping ie on screen to look at a guide for something im stuck on or watch a youtube video then resuming where I left off in my movie later on etc. i'm not buying Xbone because of those features but it will be pretty convenient and may be one of those things that once people get used to it will wonder how they did without those features before.

R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    OP I am disappoint that you made this thread with no poll.

VitaRain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaRain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaRain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaRain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaRain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaRain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaRain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaRain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaRain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaRain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaRain has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    PS4 here as well..

crosso is a name known to all. (+5000) crosso is a name known to all. (+5000) crosso is a name known to all. (+5000) crosso is a name known to all. (+5000) crosso is a name known to all. (+5000) crosso is a name known to all. (+5000) crosso is a name known to all. (+5000) crosso is a name known to all. (+5000) crosso is a name known to all. (+5000) crosso is a name known to all. (+5000) crosso is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Probably won't pre-order a PS4, will buy one when there's a bigger catalogue of games though.

R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Lord_Lemon View Post
    not gonna lie, I can see myself seamlessly switching on the fly from watching a movie or tv to playing a game
    Yeah me too. But I'll buy a PS4 and just use the input button on my TV's remote like I've done for years. I don't need to buy a video game console to do what my remote control can do.

i guess my question is; do you think the xboxone as an all in one entertainment system is better than the p4?
    I stated why in the OP.

First and foremost, I'm buying a console as a gaming device. I have 0 need for any media capability as I have a Linux driven media center pc that I built for the specific purpose of movies/digital media/recording tv.

Second, I believe the exclusive AAA titles are better, though that's subjective.

Third, from a sheer technical performance aspect the PS4 can and will benchmark higher than the xbone. Which translates to greater developer adoption and more exclusive titles.

I've built gaming pcs for years, I've owned both the ps3 and 360s and consider myself to be unbiased despite the way I troll the xbone fans.

To me, given the fact that I'm buying his console solely as a gaming device, I feel that I am getting a lot more for my money in the ps4. Out of the gate it's 100 cheaper and it's a much faster machine.
    Redwings|Badgers|Packers

Fantasy Football Addict Impurityz's Avatar
    Impurityz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Impurityz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Impurityz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Impurityz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Impurityz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Impurityz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Impurityz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Impurityz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Impurityz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Impurityz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Impurityz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Did a report on the gaming console industry and more specifically on Nintendo, but the main reason Xbox even sold well was due to their competitive gamer audience.
    MLG took on xbox and they were/are a better online gaming community. Now MS tries to incorporate a casual gamer environment. They start to slide away from their distinctive advantage and enter markets that are highly competitive and saturated. Sometimes it would be just better to focus on your advantages and improve them. MS can't control how "competitive" the publishers make the games, but they are now using more power and resources for casual and entertainment rather then strictly gaming.
    CPA

EEbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) EEbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) EEbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) EEbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) EEbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) EEbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) EEbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) EEbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) EEbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) EEbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) EEbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'll get a Wii U once there is a price drop. I've never gone wrong with a Nintendo system.

I'll also probably get a PS4 once it is around ~$250, but I'm not in any rush. I don't play online MP so I'm not paying $5/month for that.

Originally Posted by Lord_Lemon View Post
    not gonna lie, I can see myself seamlessly switching on the fly from watching a movie or tv to playing a game then snapping ie on screen to look at a guide for something im stuck on or watch a youtube video then resuming where I left off in my movie later on etc. i'm not buying Xbone because of those features but it will be pretty convenient and may be one of those things that once people get used to it will wonder how they did without those features before.
    It's really no different than hitting the input button on a remote control or switching hdmi input on a receiver.

Think of it this way, it's one more button push which equals more calories burnt throughout the day
    Redwings|Badgers|Packers

Cutting - ****yeah.jpg TheExorzist's Avatar
    TheExorzist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheExorzist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheExorzist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheExorzist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheExorzist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheExorzist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheExorzist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheExorzist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheExorzist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheExorzist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheExorzist has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The PlayStation 4, day 1.

I seems that Sony is the only one this time around that is dedicated to make a gamer console. Since I consider myself as a hardcore gamer it is the obvious choice for me. It's the same reason why is supported the 360 in it's first few years. It was THE gaming console. It seems like MS forgot what made them successful in the first place. They can try to breach out into new markets for all I care but I will not support this because this is not the way I want gaming to go in.

And Wii U.... Well, I'd consider buying it if Nintendo gave me a reason to buy it. And not only that. With the PS4 price point set at 399 $ there is no way Nintendo can keep that 350 $ WiiU price - and yet they're still doing it. Blows my mind.
    If it's not fun, why do it?

EEbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) EEbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) EEbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) EEbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) EEbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) EEbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) EEbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) EEbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) EEbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) EEbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) EEbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by troublesolstice View Post
    wiiu. srs
    i didnt own a wii and now that i found out its backwards compatible i just might get it.
    Just get a wii. They are dirt cheap, great homebrew, and backwards compatible with excellent cheap Gamecube games.

Money makes men act funny angryguywalking's Avatar
    angryguywalking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) angryguywalking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) angryguywalking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) angryguywalking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) angryguywalking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) angryguywalking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) angryguywalking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) angryguywalking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) angryguywalking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) angryguywalking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) angryguywalking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The xb1 looks like an old Betamax player.
    True, but the PS4 looks like wetbreasts took the xbox one and sat on it.

Oh and VENTS OF PEACE on the rear

⁢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

[QUOTE=mr4wdTRD;1086111463] I have a Linux driven media center pc that I built for the specific purpose of movies/digital media/recording tv.

QUOTE]

you just proved my point. for someone to have what you have they have to build a completely different device JUST to watch movies record tv and take advantage of digitial media...then go and buy a ps4 to equal out. what do i have to do to match you? buy an Xboxone. you just proved EXACTLY what micro was doing. instead of having to sit at your damn cpu to do things, you have a million more capabilities on your xbox than ps4.

and noone has answered this yet..itll be the third time asking ITT..

as an ALL IN ONE entertainment system, is the XboxOne better than the Ps4?

[QUOTE=TheFrenzy;1086116753]
    I have a Linux driven media center pc that I built for the specific purpose of movies/digital media/recording tv.

QUOTE]

you just proved my point. for someone to have what you have they have to build a completely different device JUST to watch movies record tv and take advantage of digitial media...then go and buy a ps4 to equal out. what do i have to do to match you? buy an Xboxone. you just proved EXACTLY what micro was doing. instead of having to sit at your damn cpu to do things, you have a million more capabilities on your xbox than ps4.

and noone has answered this yet..itll be the third time asking ITT..

as an ALL IN ONE entertainment system, is the XboxOne better than the Ps4?
    Your point is moot. For a number of reasons.

1) we don't know enough about HOW the media capabilities work in the real world on the xbone yet. Declaring that as a huge positive would not necessarily be accurate until a thorough review is done.

2) the ps4 will so have media capability, similar to the PS3. Without knowing further detail than that I will not declare that the xbone is a better media center.

3) most gamers are tech nerds by nature. I would venture a guess that there are far more gamers that also own various other media center devices and will not have any need to have that functionality integrated into yet another box.

So I cannot answer your question because there are still far too many variables in play.

You clearly do not know what a media center pc is, let alone a streaming media box... You don't have to sit in front of a pc to use them. They are another connected peripheral with a keypad controller smaller than your cellphone which are used from your couch.....

Furthermore you can simply stick a thumb drive into a ps3 and watch movies there, watch Netflix or Hulu, rent video from amazon or vudu. Watch nhl center ice, or mlb etc.

This functionality will likely also exist in the ps4.

Just because xbone announced this functionality first, does not necessarily make it a "better all in one system."
    Last edited by mr4wdTRD; 06-11-2013 at 11:16 AM.
    Redwings|Badgers|Packers

ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Impurityz View Post
    Did a report on the gaming console industry and more specifically on Nintendo, but the main reason Xbox even sold well was due to their competitive gamer audience.
    MLG took on xbox and they were/are a better online gaming community. Now MS tries to incorporate a casual gamer environment. They start to slide away from their distinctive advantage and enter markets that are highly competitive and saturated. Sometimes it would be just better to focus on your advantages and improve them. MS can't control how "competitive" the publishers make the games, but they are now using more power and resources for casual and entertainment rather then strictly gaming.
    The reason why they got into the xbox business is because they wanted to run their OS in the "living room PC" not because they wanted to make games or a gaming device. Games was just the method they could enter the market. We're basically seeing what they planned to do all along, since the inception of the first xbox.

Fantasy Football Addict Impurityz's Avatar
    Impurityz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Impurityz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Impurityz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Impurityz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Impurityz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Impurityz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Impurityz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Impurityz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Impurityz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Impurityz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Impurityz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ne12o View Post
    The reason why they got into the xbox business is because they wanted to run their OS in the "living room PC" not because they wanted to make games or a gaming device. Games was just the method they could enter the market. We're basically seeing what they planned to do all along, since the inception of the first xbox.
    That is fine, but entering the market and then maintaining market share can become two different things.
    Trust me, I have always had an xbox and enjoyed it for the most part.... except RROD, but I am just not too high on the new one.
    They had a proven concept and now they are modifying it; lets see how it works and maintains.

Just interesting how a majority of polls and people have decided to buy a PS4.... I like xbl because of the competition, but if a majority of xbox users go over to PSN then the tides shift
    CPA

[QUOTE=mr4wdTRD;1086118353]

Your point is moot. For a number of reasons.

1) we don't know enough about HOW the media capabilities work in the real world on the xbone yet. Declaring that as a huge positive would not necessarily be accurate until a thorough review is done.

2) the ps4 will so have media capability, similar to the PS3. Without knowing further detail than that I will not declare that the xbone is a better media center.

3) most gamers are tech nerds by nature. I would venture a guess that there are far more gamers that also own various other media center devices and will not have any need to have that functionality integrated into yet another box.

So I cannot answer your question because there are still far too many variables in play.

You clearly do not know what a media center pc is, let alone a streaming media box... You don't have to sit in front of a pc to use them. They are another connected peripheral with a keypad controller smaller than your cellphone which are used from your couch.....

Furthermore you am simply stick a thumb drive into a ps3 and watch movies there, watch Netflix or Hulu, rent video from amazon or vudu. Etc.

This functionality will likely also exist in the ps4.

Just because xbone announced this functionality first, does not necessarily make it a "better all in one system."
    i love it. youre saying you cant answer that XboxOne will be better because we havent seen it yet. yet EVERYONE is sayign ps4 is better even though we havent seen it yet. XboxOne is projected to be the best all in one system over the ps4. projections show it will be better. for me to match xbox one on ps i have to build a seperate system? your setup plus your ps4 probably triples the cost of the xboxone. further proving my point.

thumb drive? so i have to buy ANOTHER extra device to do what x1/360 already does? no thanks.

hopefully youre seeing why as an all in one system x1 is better..........

i love it. youre saying you cant answer that XboxOne will be better because we havent seen it yet. yet EVERYONE is sayign ps4 is better even though we havent seen it yet. XboxOne is projected to be the best all in one system over the ps4. projections show it will be better. for me to match xbox one on ps i have to build a seperate system? your setup plus your ps4 probably triples the cost of the xboxone. further proving my point.

thumb drive? so i have to buy ANOTHER extra device to do what x1/360 already does? no thanks.

No your rational makes absolutely no sense what so ever and you've clearly demonstrated your lack of understanding of technology. Streaming media boxes are around $70. Which still make it cheaper than xbone.

I'm not interested in debating a subject with someone who's clearly bitten into the apple, and won't listen to reason.

Projections don't mean anything. You're in for a rude awakening once you hit real
    Life and deal with "projections" on a daily basis and realize that your "projections" sometimes result in a lost job when they are grossly inaccurate.

If you are stoked for the xbone, that's great I hope you enjoy it. But for the time being, debating whats better from a technical perspective is probably best left for the adults.
    Redwings|Badgers|Packers

Cannonsex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cannonsex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cannonsex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cannonsex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cannonsex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cannonsex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cannonsex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cannonsex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cannonsex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cannonsex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cannonsex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

do you have any links to these "projections" or are you just making stuff up out of your ass?

We also don't know what the PS$ can do in terms of a media center so how can you say its the better "all in 1 system"?

And most people saying the PS4 is better is basing it off the fact that Sony did not put the same DRM restrictions and kinect requirement on their console. In terms of spec Ps4 has a slight edge....while being 100usd cheaper.
    ----
    **Alexis Ren fan crew**