LifeAsAaron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeAsAaron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeAsAaron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeAsAaron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeAsAaron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeAsAaron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeAsAaron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeAsAaron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeAsAaron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeAsAaron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeAsAaron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What's happening to me?

I have been working out for 6 months now and am 22 years old. I'm 5'11'', started at 210 pounds and ate about 2000 calories a day up until now and am at 177 pounds. I have been 175-182 pounds for about 2 months now. My lifts haven't increased much in the past 2 months (some haven't increased at all) BUT I increase in other things?

Example:
    Bent over rows haven't increased in two months yet - I went from being able to do 1 struggled chin up 0 pull ups (shoulder width pull up) to being able to do 8 chin ups and 7 pull ups in 2 months.

Also 1 full body dip to 10 in 2 months.

Body weight hack squats 10 (jumping to do them) to about 40 proper in 2 months.

What I don't fully understand though is how I have basically lost no weight in the past 2 months (maybe like 5 pounds on the scale), haven't really gained on any of my main lifts (squats, bench, ohp, rows, and dead lifts) and don't see much difference in the mirror, small gains mind you but managed to increase durasticly in chins/pulls/dips/hacks/etc?

What is going on? I'm getting stronger in body weight exercises but not with actual barbell weights? I am so confused

ps- I started EXTREMELY week. Seems my dna isn't the greatest for fat loss and natural muscle growth (not complaining). I just abused myself with parties, junk food, video games, and overall lazy unhealthyness.
    Last edited by LifeAsAaron; 06-11-2013 at 12:02 AM.
    Must.. get... leaner..

bigJohn28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well, first off, I'm no pro (just a newbie in fact) but from all the reading i have done on here it sounds like you need to do a clean bulk( your maint. calories +250 or so) and make sure you are hitting macros- Alot of people do like 40/40/20 protein/carbs/fat . And be sure to lift heavey while bulking. you should gain weight and see lift improvements. After you bulk for a while then you cut (maint calories - 250-500) same macros same lifting. the bulking will bring little fat if you do it right, (but always some) and the cut will trim the fat and keep the muscle as long as you are lifting.

Like i said- i am not an expert but this is waht i gather from all of the reading i have done. I hope this helps and maybe someone who knows better than myself can clean up what i missed or said wrong.

lilhenry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilhenry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilhenry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilhenry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilhenry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilhenry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilhenry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilhenry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilhenry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilhenry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilhenry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What's your Goal OP, weight loss or muscle building.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You mention calories but not macros?

APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Since this is in the Losing Fat forum I'm going to assume that is your primary goal.

5lbs in two months isn't terrible fat loss (1lb/week is about normal). Could be better though. Chances are you are actually eating a bit more than you think. Be more precise with your nutrition and you'll probably see more fat loss. Maybe aim for 1800kcal instead of 2000kcal.

Strength isn't likely to go up much while you are cutting, so don't worry about it too much.
    *CEO crew*
    *Married with kids crew*
    *Life starts at 29 crew*
    *Still misc crew*

eekLV is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) eekLV is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) eekLV is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) eekLV is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) eekLV is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) eekLV is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) eekLV is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) eekLV is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) eekLV is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) eekLV is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) eekLV is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    2000 a day?? I'm on a cut and have (at least that) on my workout days, and 1400-1600 on my rest days.

What is your fat intake in grams daily and the sources??

Any pre-workout supplements you are taking??

wolfdogg is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfdogg is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfdogg is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfdogg is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfdogg is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfdogg is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfdogg is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfdogg is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfdogg is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfdogg is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfdogg is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Everything sounds perfect to me. at 2000 calories a day, you should be losing slightly and 5 lbs in that time? Perfect! That's the slow fat loss everyone should strive for (unless they're in the obese range).

And 2000 calories at your weight should be more of a fat loss protocol... which means you will likely lose strength, along with inches on your belly..

Sounds to me like you're in the perfect place... unless you're wanting bulk/strength as a priority.. in which case you should simply be eating more. For fat loss though.. don't touch a thing.. maybe start dropping calories a little more as body weight decreases.
    "I developed little areas no one else had, but I took a long time to do it.
    If there is one thing that distinguishes me from other bodybuilders, it's that I'm not in any kind of hurry."
    ~Frank Zane

Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The reason your body lifts are going up is mainly do to the fact that you weigh less. So you have less weight holding you down.

And what are your macros? Do you know what your tdee is? Also, it's normal to lose strength while on a cut. If you're new at weightlifting, then you may grow stronger... At first. But then you'll begin to plateau. Make sure you're doing a proper strength routine to combat the strength loss. And make sure you're hitting your macros.

Also, 1lb lost a week is pretty good if you're trying to maintain strength. Anymore than that and you're pretty much guaranteed to plateau or get weaker.

AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You have lost weight and are eating the same. Odds are your TDEE is lower than it was when you started. Weight loss will slow down. Eat less.
    Obsession is a term the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

LifeAsAaron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeAsAaron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeAsAaron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeAsAaron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeAsAaron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeAsAaron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeAsAaron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeAsAaron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeAsAaron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeAsAaron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeAsAaron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My BMR is around 2300 calories. So I aim for 2000 a day. Macro wise I don't have a choice in what I eat as I live in transitional crisis housing and have been here for 5 months now. unfortunately the food they cook (can't cook our own/no kitchen access) is about 60-70% carbs, 10% fat, the rest protein. Good changing variety of veggies though. So mostly I just don't eat deserts as much as I can and I eat lunch and dinner only and hit roughly 1800-2200 each day. I am really good at counting now from obsessing over it haha.

My goal is to see my abs really. Not so much for looks as I have a girlfriend, but more for just being in great shape. My DNA in my family seems to enjoy drenching us in sweat even if we aren't really overweight. The less fat on me the better haha.

I still don't understand though. In 2 months I have gone from doing 1 of each body weight exercise to nearly 10 (chins/dips/pulls). I can even do a couple upside down push ups (body shoulder press). But I haven't really lost weight on the scale in 2 months. So even the fluctuating 5 pounds wouldn't affect these lifts THAT much?
    Must.. get... leaner..