Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    keyamo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Anyone doing the Clutch Cut - Ashley Conrad's 21 day plan

Is anyone else giving this a shot!? I started this morning - kicked my ass after a week off the gym!
    You know you had a great leg day when you wish the bathroom had handicap rails!

barmmy is on a distinguished road. (+10) barmmy is on a distinguished road. (+10) barmmy is on a distinguished road. (+10) barmmy is on a distinguished road. (+10) barmmy is on a distinguished road. (+10) barmmy is on a distinguished road. (+10) barmmy is on a distinguished road. (+10) barmmy is on a distinguished road. (+10) barmmy is on a distinguished road. (+10) barmmy is on a distinguished road. (+10) barmmy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I also started this morning, after 6 months of hardly working out it REALLY kicked my ass. Lol.

runanteldat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) runanteldat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) runanteldat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) runanteldat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) runanteldat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) runanteldat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) runanteldat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) runanteldat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) runanteldat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) runanteldat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) runanteldat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    what are yall thoughts? Are yall following it exactly or making deviations?

Selica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Started today as well...pretty rough but I like it! I'll probably switch up the warmups/sprint intervals between biking and running on different days. Today I biked outside and did the intervals on an indoor bike. I made interval timers with this app here https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/seconds-pro-interval-timer/id363978811?mt=8

As for modifications, I wasn't about to throw my medicine ball in my house so I just did it without throwing it. I'm sure you could substitute with kettlebell swings.

Let's all stick it out!

Awesome!! Can we all keep checking here for some accountability?

I'm going to have to modify it here and there, I don't hit the gym on weekends so I might cave and just go do the workout and then do the HIIT at the martial arts studio I spend Saturdays at. We have a treadmill there and I have fight class on Saturday morning so it's a tight fit to try and get it in. Alternatively, I might just skip the middle rest day and move it to the weekend. My food will be close, I make a version of protein pancakes already so those for breakfast is awesome with pb on top!!

Day 2 was HELL for me with intervals! I had to slow my pace to recover, even had to stop towards the end but I kept my treadmill sprints at 9mph.

heatherjay23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Switch out fat burner

How bad would it be to switch out the clutch fat burner for my own I know has worked in the past?

I would say go ahead. I'm not using any supplements except my own protein. They always over supplement these tbings i think to help increase sales

surfgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I wasn't doing it until I saw this post yesterday morning! I did the first lift day yesterday and it was disgusting. I was dripping. Although I am not going to workout in sweats (I would literally pass out, there is no AC in the gym I have access to), and I definitely didn't buy all those supplements from her. I am just keep calories and macros where they would be if I was doing a regular cut, I guess the difference is the intensity?

Just interval sprints today for me! Keep it up ladies!

PS- About the burner, I can't take any of them and then expect to do running of any kind. I WILL throw up. Any suggestions?

jlk03090 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlk03090 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlk03090 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlk03090 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlk03090 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlk03090 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlk03090 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlk03090 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlk03090 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlk03090 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlk03090 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Just saw this the other day! Was really interested until I saw all the supps "required" and became worried it was a little gimmicky? Really don't want to start a fat burner...will follow this thread for a bit and see how you ladies like it, might give it a go after my move and I'm situated in the new gym in a week

areluc01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Scared

I am waiting for the supplements to arrive and have been eating clean for the past week to get myself ready for the diet change. Biggest concern is making it to the gym in the morning. I have a demanding corp job and am in grad school. Ugh.

I always try to deviate from the "plan" but since its only 21 days I am going to stick it out. I have my own fat burner so didn't buy the clutch one. Scared for that since I get so nauseous when I take them. Well see how it goes.

Question: how long do the workouts typically take? Just trying to plan ahead

JaimeBarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JaimeBarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JaimeBarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JaimeBarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JaimeBarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JaimeBarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JaimeBarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JaimeBarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JaimeBarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JaimeBarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JaimeBarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You inspired me to look into it and now I am intrigued! I need a change in my routine. The deviation I will make is to not take the supps...I take protein as needed currently but dont want to put all that other stuff in my body.

Originally Posted by areluc01 View Post
    I always try to deviate from the "plan" but since its only 21 days I am going to stick it out.

Question: how long do the workouts typically take? Just trying to plan ahead
    See that's always my problem too! This one day won't change things. lol And a few weeks later I'm completely off track. And so far the lifting, minus the stretching, the HIIT, and the other 10 minutes of walking took me 27 minutes to get through and that was 3 rounds at 12 reps…and I had all my toys gathered up around me. There was no walking back and forth to this and that. All in all it's over an hour so far for me…like an hour 30 by the time you set stuff up, do all the stretching, etc.

And on that note, rest day was much needed yesterday and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Still did kickboxing last night but it was all technique so not a hard class. Tomorrow will be a test for me though, jiu-jitsu tonight after a lift day and going into a lift day.

Back later ladies

surfgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It is the sprinting that is kicking my ass... I apparently need to intervals alternating machines! I ran them the first day and tried to do that day 2... and my body was like "NO EFF YOU!" I veered off the diet yesterday though as well and I need to drink more water, much much more water. Rest day today (My body is much more thankful) might do stretching or yoga.

I like the stretching part of the routine, but I think its a little excessive to do it twice. I warmup, stretch out my legs quick (its supposed to be dynamic stretching before workouts anyways) and then stretch at the end. Shortens it a bit too.

A little concerned about the lifting - cardio - lifting circuit coming up... its going to be done early in the morning and then we are headed out surfing at least Saturday and the beach all day everyday this weekend.

KEEP IT UP!

tori4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    saw these posts today, figured i'd give it a go..why not! start tomorrow!

Day 4 done!! Rearranged things again - warm up walk, stretching, lifting, abs, HIIT, cool down walk, stretching, added foam roll!! Food on track except for the planned DQ Blizzard last night after class - still came in just a hair ahead in my calories and carb macros! lol

Surfgirl - I understand what you mean about the stretching. I like it which is part of the reason I liked this plan - forces me to do it - but it's time consuming!!

I can't for the life of me figure out how she gets 60 minutes of work?? 5 minutes of walking at the start and end - 10 minutes. 15 minutes of stretching at the start and end - 30 minutes. 15 minute HIIT on a lift day - 15 minutes. That's an hour right there. And I haven't lifted a thing!!! So far, it's running me 30 minutes doing 3 rounds 12 reps. Another 20 minutes today with 2 rounds of abs. 5 minutes foam rolling at the very end and then another 15 minutes of setting up, putting away and wiping down my sweat - I'm over 2 hours!

Registered User IntegrityDriven's Avatar
    IntegrityDriven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Will be doing day 3 after work today, loved how I felt after day 1 & 2.

BrianneD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Starting Monday, minus all the supplements...need a pre workout to get me going at 5am so I can't/won't eliminate that. Use protein powder, I will just stick with the one I have. Love the sound of hers but a bit pricey. Looking forward to Monday. Have a great weekend. I will let you know if I survive!

Back to a lifting day today! I have come to not like rest days... I know my body needs them, but I just want to get up and do something at the gym!

Keyamo: I actually take out the first set of stretching and do some quick dynamic stretches, mostly legs, and mostly because I have bad hips. It really is superfluous to stretch that often. And static stretching before lifting can decrease your power, etc. I do:
    Warmup (5 mins)
    Dynamic Stretching (5 mins)
    HIIT (15 mins)
    Lifting (30-45 mins)
    Stretching (10-15mins)

I lower the stretching at the end because I also coach gymnastics and stretch while they warm up! Also, I thought the ab routine was a little to intense to be doing that many exercises that many times so I do like 4 of them an incorporate into my circuit.

The more I talk the more I realize I have changed this plan drastically! Lol.

LOL. I do it alot too!! I am always doing a thousands things and workout again at night with martial arts so more light cardio for warm up, more stretching and then class. I have to re-arrange things to work with me

I bailed on day 5....smashed my knee really hard off my truck door and am limping so maybe I will try family class tonight and do my lifting tomorrow

Fitboss68 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fitboss68 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fitboss68 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fitboss68 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fitboss68 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fitboss68 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fitboss68 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fitboss68 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fitboss68 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fitboss68 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fitboss68 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by surfgirl87 View Post
    I wasn't doing it until I saw this post yesterday morning! I did the first lift day yesterday and it was disgusting. I was dripping. Although I am not going to workout in sweats (I would literally pass out, there is no AC in the gym I have access to), and I definitely didn't buy all those supplements from her. I am just keep calories and macros where they would be if I was doing a regular cut, I guess the difference is the intensity?

Just interval sprints today for me! Keep it up ladies!

PS- About the burner, I can't take any of them and then expect to do running of any kind. I WILL throw up. Any suggestions?

how long before your run are you taking them? I usually try to take them 45 mins to and hour, instead of the 30 mins it says on the bottle
    BS Exercise Science
    ACE Personal Trainer
    ACE Health Coach
    Cooper's Institute Dietary Guidence Provider
    NSCA Tactical Facilitator
    TRX
    Schwinn Cycle
    Crossfit Oly

This is not a bakery. I don't sugar coat anything

Originally Posted by fitboss68 View Post
    this is not a bakery. I don't sugar coat anything
    i love this!!! Lol

Originally Posted by Fitboss68 View Post
    how long before your run are you taking them? I usually try to take them 45 mins to and hour, instead of the 30 mins it says on the bottle
    It doesn't matter... it could be 2 hours before, still makes me vomit. I must be like hyper sensitive. Don't need it anyway, will get er done with hard work!

OK ladies, I skipped yesterday completely :-( Meals were good though. This morning got up super early and did a 10 minute road HIIT and then 2 rounds of Clutch lifting. lol I was at home so I improvised..alot!! Throw cushions instead of medicine balls and the only weights I have at home, a 20lb BB, a 10lb DB and 2 2.5lb baby plates! lol BUT - I got something done instead of bailing completely! And I just finished up an hour long fight class so I'm exhausted now!

JenG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I saw this and am really interested. Going to be starting it Sunday. I'm going to try to do the HIIT in the morning but there is no way I have time to get in a 1.5-2 hour workout before work...I'd be up at 3 and my gym doesn't even open until 5:30...so I'm hooped there, gonna have to do it after work.

As for supplements...I won't be buying anything special for this program...just going to use my pre-workout and protein like usual.

And as for diet...I'll follow it pretty closely, except for the pancakes in the am....I have a protein shake every morning, going to stick with that.

Keep up the good work ladies!! And keep me posted as to how its working for you. I expect a pretty hardy ass kicking...which I need!

corydeharo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Amateur hour

I've only been working out for about a year, so I'm pretty fresh. I'm trying Ashley's 21 day clutch workout and would love if anyone had any tips or advice for an amateur like myself I won't give up or give in. I'm on day 3 and it feels amazing.
    Slow progress is better than no progress!
    But with this routine, it's going to be insane!

So this weekend I ate like crap (only on Saturday I guess) and didn't do the HIIT cardio on Saturday, did the lifting on Sunday and a tiny bit of the HIIT, but my body was all EFF YOU and was refusing to get stuff done. I also realize I won't have access to the things I need for this program this Friday through Tuesday and that is when the 3 workout days in a row happen. I am just going to follow this as best I can, do some other workouts while I am down at a wedding and then perhaps restart the clutch cut when I get back. I was doing really well though. Although it might be water weight, I lost 2 lbs before I went on my food spree on Saturday. If could follow this to a T when I get back for 3 weeks, who knows what could happen!!

Keep it up though ladies!

Supposed to be a rest day for me, but since I pretty much did that on Saturday I may go do something anyway!

Surfgirl - modify with what you have available while at the wedding. I did just that on Saturday morning - throw pillow was my medicine ball! lol Most of it could be done with nothing if you're in a hotel or at a friends, get up an hour early and have at it! Most nicer hotels have a gym. Do you have a band? That would at least be something to use for the curls, lat raise and rows.

Cory - just keep going! If you need more rest, take more rest for the lifting days. One day at a time, one meal at a time.

As for me, like Surfgirl - I had an epic food fail day on Sunday. :-( Didn't eat right or even normal at all. In fact, I barely ate. The most thing I ate was sour fruit rings!!! GAWD!!! WTF!!! Anyhow, back on target today. Got Day 8 done with the limited time I had this morning. Did the 5 minute warm up, 3 rounds of lifts, 10 minute HIIT and 5 minute cool down. Stretching I'm aiming to get to this afternoon and kick boxing tonight. Skipping the ditch with Mum for groceries and gas so I'm taking some food with me just to get through, not on plan but better than the drive thru options. Protein shake, grapes, almonds are all better than nothing.

Keyamo : Its mostly the days we will be driving 8+ hours ... NY to NC. I have no idea what hotel we are staying at or what. I plan on doing what I can, but have a feeling there is going to be lots of "family time" (Oh joy! In laws for another weekend!) And yeah I hear you about bad drive-thru options. Protein shakes are another thing Imma be bringing with! I portion up bags of powder and take them with me.

I am such a list maker/ stick to the plan, that if I don't stick exactly to what I was planning, I have failed and need to start over! So I will probably still "start over" when I get back, but it doesn't mean I won't be doing what I can in the mean time.

In other news I may make kayaking a cardio workout today. Kills my arms too. I guess that means I am doing it right? (Or not enough, lol)

Originally Posted by surfgirl87 View Post
    Keyamo : Its mostly the days we will be driving 8+ hours ... NY to NC. I have no idea what hotel we are staying at or what. I plan on doing what I can, but have a feeling there is going to be lots of "family time" (Oh joy! In laws for another weekend!) And yeah I hear you about bad drive-thru options. Protein shakes are another thing Imma be bringing with! I portion up bags of powder and take them with me.

I am such a list maker/ stick to the plan, that if I don't stick exactly to what I was planning, I have failed and need to start over! So I will probably still "start over" when I get back, but it doesn't mean I won't be doing what I can in the mean time.

In other news I may make kayaking a cardio workout today. Kills my arms too. I guess that means I am doing it right? (Or not enough, lol)
    8 hours from NY to NC….you mustn't be too far from me in NY cause I think it's 12 for us to get to a show in NC. Kayaking is awesome fun!!! I aim to get some of that in this summer even if I have to rent one for a week!!

I am going to have to revise yet again - shin splints!! It was killing me tonight to skip in kick boxing!!! It hurt a little bit this morning but my afternoon it was hell getting outta my truck. I'm ready to lay down and rest them and since tomorrow is a new and fun cardio day - I think I'm going to take a stab at doing it on the rower! See how that feels cause I LOATHE the bike!!! Bicycle on the road, no problem. Bike at the gym - blow it up with some TNT!!! BLECH!!

Yeah well 8 hours to Virginia Beach then we are going way south in NC so another like 4 hours after that... I'm down in Long Island, if we didn't have to go way west to go back east it would take less time (I would just be glad when it doesn't cost a bazookamillion dollars in tolls!!)

I like rowing! It makes you remember your whole body is involved in cardio. Just make sure you keep your back pretty straight or you will be hating it the next day!

Went kayaking, it was glorious! We have about 6-8 kayaks on the CG station that are for anyone to use so that's real nice. I can go any day I am not ridiculously busy. ALso walked the dog today but she is old and out of shape and we did 2 miles (the length of the road and back) on Sunday and apparently that made her so tired that she was panting and dragging a 1/4 mile in yesterday!

I have lifting today... don't think I will do the sprints as I am "learning compulsory routines" for 2-3 hours today and then coaching 5.5 hours afterwards. Don't want to be completely drained and drop a kid on their head!

Have a great day!