improze has a spectacular aura about. (+250) improze has a spectacular aura about. (+250) improze has a spectacular aura about. (+250) improze has a spectacular aura about. (+250) improze has a spectacular aura about. (+250) improze has a spectacular aura about. (+250) improze has a spectacular aura about. (+250) improze has a spectacular aura about. (+250) improze has a spectacular aura about. (+250) improze has a spectacular aura about. (+250) improze has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Finding work in small town

So I currently live in LA and am going to be taking CPT exam from NASM soon. I recently decided to move back to a smaller town in Maine (pop. 34k).
    I was just wondering if anyone here has tried finding work in a small town with no experience. I was hoping to make the move this summer, but I'm beginning to feel like I should stay for a few months and get experience from a larger chain. What would you guys recommend?

PF is the only chain in hometown. Do they even hire PT?

DGetsCut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by improze View Post
    So I currently live in LA and am going to be taking CPT exam from NASM soon. I recently decided to move back to a smaller town in Maine (pop. 34k).
    I was just wondering if anyone here has tried finding work in a small town with no experience. I was hoping to make the move this summer, but I'm beginning to feel like I should stay for a few months and get experience from a larger chain. What would you guys recommend?

Yes. If possible, getting the experience at a major chain could really help. Especially since smaller markets usually don't support too many trainers that focus on high end clients. Unless your town is super tourist-based or something like that. So experience and a recommendation from a recognized name could give you instant cred.

Best wishes.

D
    Derin Gets Cut in San Diego

THE San Diego Fitness Studio. Affordable Personal Training. A Fitness Trainer's Gym.
    (858) FIT-NESS
    www.SDFitness.com

cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I know it may sound small compared to LA, but 34k is still a substantial city (I grew up in a town of 1k, and the largest city in all of northern Michigan is 14k). If there's only one gym, that might mean that there is an untapped client base. Look into hanging your shingle.
    Aaron Bennett
    Denver Harlequins Rugby
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #29 -!!!---!!!-

JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    yeah small town here.

If you are wanting to be an employee , try with a commercial gym. Most commercial gyms wont work with independent trainers, in my experience

if your wanting to go independent go with non commercial gyms and make a deal with them where they get members or a certain percentage
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Online coaching avilable
    ******** Great Physique Fitness https://www.********.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl
    Twitter SmetonFitness https://twitter.com/SmetonFitness
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/great_physique_fitness/?hl=en

Registered User JoeCannonMSCSCS's Avatar
    JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think one of the best places to get experience training people is the YMCA or JCCs. Id be surprised if there was not at least a YMCA in your new town. Planet Fitness does hire trainers but you are limited to small group - free - training if I remember. you are an employee of planet fitness. As far as I know, there is no one -on-one fee based personal training in planet fitness. Still you would get some experience there also.

Here is something that may also answer some of your questions
    http://helpforpersonaltrainers.com/c...ng-experience/

Joe
    Joe Cannon, MS
    Joe-Cannon.com
    SupplementClarity.com

Ectopower is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ectopower is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ectopower is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ectopower is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ectopower is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ectopower is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ectopower is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ectopower is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ectopower is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ectopower is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ectopower is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Watch out for the non-compete clauses, just in case you want to go independent later on down the road. I live in a small town in central illinois and almost all of the gyms make you sign one.
    NASM-CPT/CES

mmasharpify is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmasharpify is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmasharpify is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmasharpify is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmasharpify is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmasharpify is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmasharpify is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmasharpify is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmasharpify is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmasharpify is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmasharpify is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by improze View Post

Relationships, social exposure aka being aactive. promotional offline and online and hitting up local gyms. Start your own business