pilby is on a distinguished road. (+10) pilby is on a distinguished road. (+10) pilby is on a distinguished road. (+10) pilby is on a distinguished road. (+10) pilby is on a distinguished road. (+10) pilby is on a distinguished road. (+10) pilby is on a distinguished road. (+10) pilby is on a distinguished road. (+10) pilby is on a distinguished road. (+10) pilby is on a distinguished road. (+10) pilby is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Can't find info on this bench

I'm looking to buy a bench to use with my power rack. Currently I have a really flimsy Marcy bench with built-in stands that I can technically use. But the stands really get in the way and I need one without those. I'm not interested in spending hundreds on the sturdiest bench in the world. I just want something useable that's not going to collapse on me any time in the next few years.

Here's a Craigslist ad for one that looks like it should do the trick, but I can't seem to find any info at all online about this bench. Does anyone know what it is, or if it's any good?

weight bench by x-line - $50

Sturdy weight bench with straight seat, incline, and decline options plus preacher curl option. $50.00 call xxx-xxxx.

pilby is on a distinguished road. (+10) pilby is on a distinguished road. (+10) pilby is on a distinguished road. (+10) pilby is on a distinguished road. (+10) pilby is on a distinguished road. (+10) pilby is on a distinguished road. (+10) pilby is on a distinguished road. (+10) pilby is on a distinguished road. (+10) pilby is on a distinguished road. (+10) pilby is on a distinguished road. (+10) pilby is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Looking at the pics, I think I can at least make out that it's LINEX, not "x-line." But I still can't really find any info on it.

morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I googled it for you. Would you also like me to make you a sandwich?

Great universal flat-incline-decline dumbbell bench! The Linex bench by TKO is a perfect all around dumbbell utility bench. Heavy gauge steel makes it extremely solid and stable. Variable training bench for use with dumbbells and allows you to workout your legs as well. Comes with the leg curl attachment and Olympic adapter

Heavy 14 gauge steel frame
    2" Square steel frame
    High density upholstery
    Flat incline decline bench
    Multi position leg extension included
    Lock down feature for sit ups
    Olympic adapter included
    Anti slip base foot caps
    Assembled size: 68 X 24.5 x 29 inches
    This Flat Incline Decline Utility Bench is the most complete dumbbell weight lifting bench available offering many different exercises. Let's you work every part of your muscles to improve strength and definition.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #32 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #43 ()---() ▉---▉ Equipment Crew #50 ▉---▉

Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by morebarbell View Post
    I don't know about him, but I could totally use one. I'm too tired to microwave leftovers after my workout. Squat day. I actually squatted till I puked, which is something I've never done before. I've been nauseated, but never puked. Kind of caught me by surprise.

Anyway, 14 gauge isn't great and I can't find weight capacity in brief searching, but it looks like it would work if you're not pushing huge weight. I'm not a mechanical engineer, but the design of it seems reasonable enough, and I found something saying the weight of the bench is 53 pounds, which isn't completely sucky I guess.

And I've actually had a coworker ask me to Google something for him. He came over to my desk and started asking questions about the syntax for some Javascript or something. I told him I couldn't remember. And he seriously asked me, "Well, then can you search online for it?" I looked at him with my jaw kind of agape for a few seconds, saying nothing. He finally said, "I guess I could look it up myself." "Yeah, you should do that," I said.

I found that link, but it looks to be a slightly different bench, and it still doesn't help me too much in figuring out if the bench is any good or if this is a decent deal.

I guess I was hoping to find out (1) how much the bench would sell for new (so I know how aggressive I can reasonably be on the price), and (2) if anyone here has any personal insights on it or the brand.

Also, what about that adjustable support system? Anyone have any input on it versus other designs? Sturdiness? Ease of adjustment?

Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Other than having a preacher curl attachment instead of leg extension/curl, it looks like pretty much the same thing to me. If it's different, it's probably just a different year, same model, with nearly identical specs. If so, I found it for $145 online, probably new, but I can't tell for sure. Seems in the range I'd expect, something like $100 to $150 new. So $50 is probably your average craigslist sort of price. I think you could offer less without being insulting or considered a lowballer. It's not like a great bench at a ridiculously low price already.

I think the adjustable support looks OK. It has rectangular tubing, so shouldn't collapse easily. It's hard to know how strong the pop pin is, which might be the weak link, but lots of benches are supported by a pop pin. Looks simple enough to adjust.

No personal insights into the brand. I'd assume it falls into the category of cheap but usable crap if you're not pushing enough weight to make it dangerous. But I really know so little I don't know why I'm responding. Probably just too much caffeine running through my system making me chatty.

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It looks like most of the other crap with a 300 lb combined user + weight rating.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Maluket View Post
    I'd assume it falls into the category of cheap but usable crap if you're not pushing enough weight to make it dangerous.
    LMFAO. Great assessment Maluket. OP this will probably be your typical opinion of this bench by the forum members. Search and do your homework. There is plenty of good info on benches here. You will soon learn what is considered good equipment.
    []---[] Equipment crew member #51 []---[]

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    It looks like a typical, generic Chinese lower-tier item.

Personally, I'd never buy a bench made of 14 ga steel; just too flimsy.

Keep looking, OP. Something better will certainly come along eventually.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

I was seriously thinking about jumping on it (cheap and flimsy or not) because I'm just so tired of not having a bench that even works properly with a rack. And I've been futilely watching CL for months. Just about every bench listed has attached stands.

But... the guy sold it to someone else before I could get over to take a look at it (it was 120 miles from me), so I guess there's no longer anything to think about.

Really appreciate all the input.

morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by pilby View Post
    I was seriously thinking about jumping on it (cheap and flimsy or not) because I'm just so tired of not having a bench that even works properly with a rack. And I've been futilely watching CL for months. Just about every bench listed has attached stands.

But... the guy sold it to someone else before I could get over to take a look at it (it was 120 miles from me), so I guess there's no longer anything to think about.

Really appreciate all the input.
    It's for the best. IMHO, driving 240 miles round trip to pay $50 for that bench would have been ridiculous if you consider the cost of the trip and your time. Keep looking on CL or buy new if you can't wait. You might want to consider paying more $ for the bench and less $ for gasoline.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #32 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #43 ()---() ▉---▉ Equipment Crew #50 ▉---▉

Is Boise the closest CL location? This incline bench looks promising. Might be worth checking it out, depending on how far it is from you. http://boise.craigslist.org/spo/3832332396.html

Here's a nice Ironmaster set that includes the Super bench: http://boise.craigslist.org/spo/3769770084.html

It's for the best. IMHO, driving 240 miles round trip to pay $50 for that bench would have been ridiculous if you consider the cost of the trip and your time. Keep looking on CL or buy new if you can't wait. You might want to consider paying more $ for the bench and less $ for gasoline.
    Heh. Yeah, I wasn't planning on making a special trip just for the bench. I had other business in Boise this coming week and figured I could take a look while I was there. But waiting till I had other business there is why I missed out (and have missed out a few times before).

Is Boise the closest CL location? This incline bench looks promising. Might be worth checking it out, depending on how far it is from you. http://boise.craigslist.org/spo/3832332396.html

Here's a nice Ironmaster set that includes the Super bench: http://boise.craigslist.org/spo/3769770084.html
    I'm actually in Twin Falls, which has its own CL. But being such a small town, good stuff rarely comes up and I have to drive to really get anything. So I have alerts set on Boise, Twin Falls and East Idaho. My rack came from the Boise page and my Oly bar and weights came from East Idaho.

I did see that incline bench and it got me excited at first. Until I realized that you can't make it flat. Not sure at this point I really want a bench that won't go flat.

That doesn't seem to be a prime location for used exercise equipment. The Ironmaster Super Bench is nice but the set isn't cheap.

Attached Images