Registered User 30DirtyThirty30's Avatar
    30DirtyThirty30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Trainers at 24 Hour Fitness...

I just got hired at a 24 Hour Fitness as a Personal Trainer 1 and I was wondering about the 20% commission on all packages sold. My manager tells me that I only get the 20% commission on the initial down payment the client puts down and not the rest. However, other trainers I've spoken to have said that they get the commission on the entire package price. Can anybody employed or formerly employed by 24 Hour Fitness shed any light on this? Thanks for the help!

DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I was employed with 24 hour fitness about a month ago, in southern california. Pay changes in different locations. At my club, and pretty much my district, you would get 20% commission on the initial down payment, and then 10% on any payments there after. You can call the club manager at another club and ask without using your name. Hope this helps!
    NASM- CPT, CES, PES.

Pursuing degree in Health Care Admin.

Training consultant to Paramount Studios.

Registered User JoeCannonMSCSCS's Avatar
    JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That sounds horrible!
    Joe Cannon, MS
    Joe-Cannon.com
    SupplementClarity.com

Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by JoeCannonMSCSCS View Post
    That sounds horrible!
    LOL! I've been telling you, chain gyms suck.
    NASM (CPT)
    ISSA (CFT)

DGetsCut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Endevorforever View Post
    Second that!
    Derin Gets Cut in San Diego

THE San Diego Fitness Studio. Affordable Personal Training. A Fitness Trainer's Gym.
    (858) FIT-NESS
    www.SDFitness.com

Registered User etherHATESether's Avatar
    etherHATESether will become famous soon enough. (+50) etherHATESether will become famous soon enough. (+50) etherHATESether will become famous soon enough. (+50) etherHATESether will become famous soon enough. (+50) etherHATESether will become famous soon enough. (+50) etherHATESether will become famous soon enough. (+50) etherHATESether will become famous soon enough. (+50) etherHATESether will become famous soon enough. (+50) etherHATESether will become famous soon enough. (+50) etherHATESether will become famous soon enough. (+50) etherHATESether will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Endevorforever View Post
    Thirded.

flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm actually curious as to how the pay scheme works at 24. You have to solicit all of your clients in the gyms? Do they provide any clients for you or is it 100% solicitation?
    Follow my journey! -->
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152755803

Originally Posted by DefyIsHuge View Post
    I was employed with 24 hour fitness about a month ago, in southern california. Pay changes in different locations. At my club, and pretty much my district, you would get 20% commission on the initial down payment, and then 10% on any payments there after. You can call the club manager at another club and ask without using your name. Hope this helps!
    I am in Southern California as well and I talked to my friend who is a Fitness Manager at another gym and told me the same thing about getting 10% on the rest of the payments. So I'm hoping my FM just made a mistake in telling me this information or that is some serious shadiness at my gym.

Originally Posted by flyfreefit View Post
    I'm actually curious as to how the pay scheme works at 24. You have to solicit all of your clients in the gyms? Do they provide any clients for you or is it 100% solicitation?
    You get fed clients initially by the sales team and then it is up to you to provide your own clients.

DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I worked for two different FM's during my time. One was awesome, on top of everything, and always had the correct answers(because policy at 24 is always changing for some reason). The other was clueless, and it was a pain working for such an idiot. If you have a good FM you'll like the position, if you have a crappy one, you'll want to drop a dumbbell on your head. Make sure you sell the clients they give you up front, if not, your road to a bigger paycheck just got a lot harder.
    NASM- CPT, CES, PES.

Pursuing degree in Health Care Admin.

Training consultant to Paramount Studios.

Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by flyfreefit View Post
    It was 100% solicitation when I worked there. They will lie to you and tell you they will initially feed you clients, but they don't. The clients they do feed you are folks that bought training out of high pressure sales, so they act uncomfortable when meeting you.
    NASM (CPT)
    ISSA (CFT)

Ectopower is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ectopower is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ectopower is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ectopower is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ectopower is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ectopower is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ectopower is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ectopower is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ectopower is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ectopower is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ectopower is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This is why I went independent right out of the gate.
    NASM-CPT/CES

God Creating Descendants Olympia2018's Avatar
    Olympia2018 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Olympia2018 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Olympia2018 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Olympia2018 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Olympia2018 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Olympia2018 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Olympia2018 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Olympia2018 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Olympia2018 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Olympia2018 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Olympia2018 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wait what? You get 20% of what they pay you for YOU to train them? Lmao! Just lol
    Eating "clean" doesn't mean eating "healthy"

Eating "healthy" doesn't mean=muscle mass-Olympia2018

Yeah Baby! Yeah!!!-800 pound deadlift

At weddings all the old ppl say "you're next". At funeral's I tell them "you're next"

Loony, Team_punishment, Desi_guy, yiamsomebody, Nutsy, Camel Jockey, Tattbrah, Ipushfatkids, ScubaStevo crew*

krazykardio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am employed with 24 hour fitness since last two month, in saint petersburg. You can call the club manager at another club and ask without using your name. Hope this helps!
    Fitness Classes St. Petersburg | Cardio Kickboxing | Fitness Center

mmasharpify is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmasharpify is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmasharpify is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmasharpify is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmasharpify is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmasharpify is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmasharpify is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmasharpify is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmasharpify is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmasharpify is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmasharpify is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by 30DirtyThirty30 View Post
    I just got hired at a 24 Hour Fitness as a Personal Trainer 1 and I was wondering about the 20% commission on all packages sold. My manager tells me that I only get the 20% commission on the initial down payment the client puts down and not the rest. However, other trainers I've spoken to have said that they get the commission on the entire package price. Can anybody employed or formerly employed by 24 Hour Fitness shed any light on this? Thanks for the help!
    I'd look elsewhere or run a bootcamp on the side.

Mr718Fitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ^^agree sounds like 24 hour fitness doesn't cut it.. i heard really good things about the equinox gym