applek730 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) applek730 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) applek730 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) applek730 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) applek730 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) applek730 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) applek730 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) applek730 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) applek730 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) applek730 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) applek730 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

problems in keto

Okay, so ive been in keto for about six weeks. The first 2 weeks I lost about 16 pounds felt great then it all changed. I started feeling crappy and havent lost a pound or inch since. Im a little lost as to what I should be doing. Im 5'7 170lbs about 30% bf according to my scale measurements haven't chamged either since beginning loss. Im eeating about 100-120g protein 90 or so fat g and under 25g carbs. I haven't been super hungry so only able to eat between 800-1200 cal a day. Also I thought a lower fat percent might help so I googled it and came across psmf...tried it for just over a week and still no change even with that. I try to exercise daily, just light weight cardio and resistance band stuff since I dont have money for a gym membership (single mom with no help, but have a cheap little teadmill and eliptical and 10lb kettlebell and resistance bands to use) anyway, what is happening? Should I add carbs in for a while and see how that goes or stick with keto? Im not entirely sure whzt im doing wrong, thought I was fallowing keto pretty well. Lean white meat, chicken and seafood, green stuff, broccoli thru kale, and cocnut oil evoliveoil sesame oil, take daily calcium vit d evening primrose oil fish oil folic acid and an occasional hydroxycut if im not feeling up on my energy. I dont take a multi vitamin becuase I dont feel they are necessary for me. Any thoughts on how I should proceed?

hellolin324 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellolin324 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellolin324 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellolin324 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellolin324 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellolin324 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellolin324 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellolin324 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellolin324 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellolin324 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellolin324 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by applek730 View Post
    Okay, so ive been in keto for about six weeks. The first 2 weeks I lost about 16 pounds felt great then it all changed. I started feeling crappy and havent lost a pound or inch since. Im a little lost as to what I should be doing. Im 5'7 170lbs about 30% bf according to my scale measurements haven't chamged either since beginning loss. Im eeating about 100-120g protein 90 or so fat g and under 25g carbs. I haven't been super hungry so only able to eat between 800-1200 cal a day. Also I thought a lower fat percent might help so I googled it and came across psmf...tried it for just over a week and still no change even with that. I try to exercise daily, just light weight cardio and resistance band stuff since I dont have money for a gym membership (single mom with no help, but have a cheap little teadmill and eliptical and 10lb kettlebell and resistance bands to use) anyway, what is happening? Should I add carbs in for a while and see how that goes or stick with keto? Im not entirely sure whzt im doing wrong, thought I was fallowing keto pretty well. Lean white meat, chicken and seafood, green stuff, broccoli thru kale, and cocnut oil evoliveoil sesame oil, take daily calcium vit d evening primrose oil fish oil folic acid and an occasional hydroxycut if im not feeling up on my energy. I dont take a multi vitamin becuase I dont feel they are necessary for me. Any thoughts on how I should proceed?
    First of all, you are eating too little Cals, up your cals to at least 1800, and that's a cut cal because I am 5'8 145lbs (Came down from 175) and I try to eat 1800 kcals a day.
    Second, you are eating too little fat, too much protein. Keto macro should have fat has the highest, then protein, then carbs. My carb limit is 50g carb, about 120g of protein and rest are fat, and the number is higher than my protein numbers, so fix that.

Remember you are exercise and burning fat as energy, not protein, so you need the fat in your body. I know it's hard to understand the concept of eating fat to burn fat, but without carbs in your body this is how everything works, the only thing that you lose, or you felt is the loss of explosive power when you work out, but nothing else.

Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yup, eat more fat I'd wager, too. you could try MCT oils or coconut oil.

Start doing bodyweight exercises. You can still get fit without weights, just have to think outside the box a bit.
    www.squidoo.com/keto-diet

Was 300+ lbs.
    Logs
    90 day XAT-7 and Cardio Igniter forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146779723
    TEST-PEAK http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149177173
    2013 BB.com challenge log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150876933

Sugar Alcohols...Explained http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151110953

Metabolic advantage of keto diet: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153834101

applek730 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) applek730 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) applek730 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) applek730 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) applek730 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) applek730 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) applek730 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) applek730 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) applek730 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) applek730 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) applek730 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks guys, I'll keep these suggestions in mind and get my diet together. I cant imagine going back to regular eating after a keto diet, I tried yesterday to do a carb day and it was too much for my stomach to handle (just the thought made me queasy before I even tasted the oats or pasta), the keto diet is my new best friend. even if I'm not losing at the moment, at least I know that my stomach and body are happy with my diet.

hellolin: thanks for the input, I cant imagine eating 1800 cal a day. I thought 1300 was a struggle (couldn't get over a thousand most days), I will aim for 1400 with higher fat to start and see where that gets me. I thought the fat was a little low compared to when I started but I doubted myself, thought I calculated wrong and the initial weight was just the beginning water weight, so I found a keto calculator online and it said I should eat 1310 cal 110g prot 90g fat.

grifts: thanks, I eat coconut oil with every meal, even in my morning coffee. I do have to get pretty creative to do some exercises or work certain muscle groups.

Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It could also be that monthly thing that I hear women get.

Was 300+ lbs.
    Logs
    90 day XAT-7 and Cardio Igniter forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146779723
    2013 BB.com challenge log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150876933

Sugar Alcohols...Explained http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151110953

Metabolic advantage of keto diet: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153834101

haha, its not... at least I don't think it is. >> *!* TMI *!* >> im about mid cycle at the moment and normally water comes off, immediately following, just as quickly as it comes on, a day or so before.

Originally Posted by applek730 View Post
    haha, its not... at least I don't think it is. >> *!* TMI *!* >> im about mid cycle at the moment and normally water comes off, immediately following, just as quickly as it comes on, a day or so before.
    Gotcha, no worries. Sometimes us men don't think about that, and don't realize how much water/weight women can retain. If it were the case, it might be masking significant fat loss because the weight was being replaced by water(I suppose you knew that already).

Was 300+ lbs.
    Logs