gymratbum is not very well liked. (-100) gymratbum is not very well liked. (-100) gymratbum is not very well liked. (-100) gymratbum is not very well liked. (-100) gymratbum is not very well liked. (-100) gymratbum is not very well liked. (-100) gymratbum is not very well liked. (-100) gymratbum is not very well liked. (-100) gymratbum is not very well liked. (-100) gymratbum is not very well liked. (-100) gymratbum is not very well liked. (-100)

Slow at losing belly fat... Why?

So I'm cutting right now. But my belly and side fat (love handles) are taking their sweet time getting smaller. Why is this? My maintenance is 2800 calories and I'm taking around 2100 calories a day. Basketball as cardio 3 days a week for 1 1/2 hours each session. I eat good stuff. Eggs, lots of water, fruit, chicken, if I do eat carbs it's little and usually whole wheat bread. Any advice on how to trim the fat on the belly and love handle area and make it "tight" before my next bulk cycle? Thanks bros

davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You are losing fat off your love handles and abs. It's just that there is so much there that it's gonna take a while, especially since your body will take fat off everywhere, not just whatever parts you want fat off of.

Long story short, can't spot reduce fat.

loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Depending on how long you have been cutting for, recalculate macros and ensure you're on point. You may of had some weight loss or other miscalculation ( usually its tdee) that messed up the formula.

Also, it takes time. More often then not, a loooooong time. As stated above your body decides where to reduce the fat and no cardio or exercise will do it for you. Also the types of food you eat are irrelevant, as long as you are hitting macros.
    "There is no reason to be alive if you can't do deadlift"

-Jón Páll Sigmarsson

JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have the same problem. Its just a problem area for most men. When I start cutting, I find my lower back and abs actually appear fatter because my upper abs, chest, and back all lean out first. Its the last place to lose the fat. That's just how it is. If you're losing weight at an appropriate weight and your diet/weights regimen is decent it will eventually get lean.

gymratbum is not very well liked. (-100) gymratbum is not very well liked. (-100) gymratbum is not very well liked. (-100) gymratbum is not very well liked. (-100) gymratbum is not very well liked. (-100) gymratbum is not very well liked. (-100) gymratbum is not very well liked. (-100) gymratbum is not very well liked. (-100) gymratbum is not very well liked. (-100) gymratbum is not very well liked. (-100) gymratbum is not very well liked. (-100)

Thumbs up

Damn haha I wish cutting was as easy as bulking. Thanks for the input people. I'll just recalculate. I probably messed up. I hate numbers.

noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i have lost close to 50 lbs, and i still have a big belly and love handles..

Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000)
    It'll be the last to go OP..

Don't sweat it, most guys are the same
    Snatch- 93
    C&J- 113
    Before injury

BS- 5x145
    FS- 3x125

@~72

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    If you are consistently losing about 1-2lbs a week , weight training and getting adequate protein and fat then you are doing all you can.

Everyone underestimates their bodyfat %. When I first started I thought that I'd just need to lose 10lbs or so to get visible abs... I've had to revise this estimate many many times

mayaib will become famous soon enough. (+50) mayaib will become famous soon enough. (+50) mayaib will become famous soon enough. (+50) mayaib will become famous soon enough. (+50) mayaib will become famous soon enough. (+50) mayaib will become famous soon enough. (+50) mayaib will become famous soon enough. (+50) mayaib will become famous soon enough. (+50) mayaib will become famous soon enough. (+50) mayaib will become famous soon enough. (+50) mayaib will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by noobydooby View Post
    i have lost close to 50 lbs, and i still have a big belly and love handles..
    Me too smh its not as big but def still noticeable we must keep working more intensely. Never quit we started for a reason. Time is a virtue

mkcookin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mkcookin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mkcookin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mkcookin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mkcookin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think as other's have mentioned -- it takes patience and time to achieve your end results.

The thing about losing weight is you can't lost it one specific place like your stomach, and usually our stomach is the last place to go. If you can check your body fat % and measure it according to that.

This will give you a better measurement on weather you are losing weight/gaining muscle.

Hope this helps
    5 Best Moves To Getting Cuts Abs:

Go Here >>> http://mikecookrecommends.info/

ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well... I lost around... 4 inches on belly/waist area in two months, but I did it on keto and 4 day split and 30 mins low intensity cardio@ 15% incline and 3mph
    and OP, cutting is easier than bulking
    why?:
    -Fat Loss: Can be higher than 4lbs per month
    -Muscle gains: 0.5 per week/2lbs per month, if done correctly (and comes with fat)

-Bulking to 46lbs at least takes 1 year (with minimal fat)
    --Cutting 46lbs will take 3-4 months (depending if you include water retention in the calculations)
    BULKING - Aug 20-2016 (74kg)-Jan 1, 2017 (85kg)
    (Aug 30, 2016-Jan 1, 2017:)Deadlift: 231-303 Squat: 214-263 Bench: 174-198 lbs OHP: 104.5-134 Pendlay Row: 115-154
    ---------------------------------------
    ☆★ Victory loves Preparation ★☆

msz1698 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msz1698 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msz1698 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msz1698 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msz1698 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msz1698 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msz1698 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msz1698 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msz1698 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msz1698 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msz1698 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You need to be patient and consistent, its a long long grind. Im at around 10% body fat and I still only lose about half a centimeter a week around my stubborn love handles. Painfully slow but progress is progress. You can do it, keep grinding!

davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ghepardo View Post
    well... I lost around... 4 inches on belly/waist area in two months, but I did it on keto and 4 day split and 30 mins low intensity cardio@ 15% incline and 3mph
    and OP, cutting is easier than bulking
    why?:
    -Fat Loss: Can be higher than 4lbs per month
    -Muscle gains: 0.5 per week/2lbs per month, if done correctly (and comes with fat)

-Bulking to 46lbs at least takes 1 year (with minimal fat)
    --Cutting 46lbs will take 3-4 months (depending if you include water retention in the calculations)
    I think he meant in terms of how much you are allowed to eat, not the gains you see.

ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by davidolson22 View Post
    I think he meant in terms of how much you are allowed to eat, not the gains you see.
    oh yeah, it was two comments aimed at the OP topic question, and the OP comment

Anyways, op should go to Nutrition section, and also need to present his weight at least, & height
    BULKING - Aug 20-2016 (74kg)-Jan 1, 2017 (85kg)
    (Aug 30, 2016-Jan 1, 2017:)Deadlift: 231-303 Squat: 214-263 Bench: 174-198 lbs OHP: 104.5-134 Pendlay Row: 115-154
    ☆★ Victory loves Preparation ★☆