Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Misc Ceo, feels good man Scofield's Avatar
    Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Stryfe14 View Post
    I don't understand why people are bashing Quant Econ majors here. So they don't take as many "pure" math classes as math majors? Who the **** cares? Go to an Ivy and try majoring in Econ and get back to us with how easy it was. The way I see it, an Econ degree is easier and will make you more money than a math major if you network correctly and get into a good entry level finance job. Do people really think that just because you took "harder" classes in college you're better than someone who got an econ degree and who's been working at Goldman Sachs for 4 years and is making upwards of 200k now?

What can you do with a Math (BS) degree anyway? Be a math professor? Your only options are to get your masters or get a PhD pretty much.

The only job I can think of that I would want to do after getting a math major would be to go in as a Quant at a hedge fund. But even then I would do a Math/CS dual degree because you'd need to know programming.
    This.

I really do not understand (actually I do cause there's so many deluded eng majors here) why misc thinks math classes are the be all and end all of education. Being able to pass calc 1-3 is clearly a good thing, but communication skills and writing skills are more important. A lot of you 19-21 year olds are in for a big surprise when you enter the work force if you think it's all about math.

ejWU21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejWU21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejWU21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejWU21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejWU21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejWU21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejWU21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejWU21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejWU21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejWU21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejWU21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by bitchesbrew View Post
    Future physics and nuclear engineering doubl major here

>Tfw i actually like physics and would enjoy staying up problem solving
    >Tfw my backup plan (nuclear engineering) isn't too far away from major.

Brb 60k starting brb only 40-50hour weeks. Brb I actually have a life outside of work.

None of the 70hr week investment banking crap.

Start college in 1yr, can't wait.
    brb talking as if you have already secured said job before even entering and judging by your 1 year timeline, you havent even applied for college, let alone been accepted into the engineering school.......

Good plan though (srs), just dont count chickens before they hatch.

Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by LimitBreak View Post
    Average wage for Engineers is 65K GTFO
    Out of college, yes.

Mid-career average is over 100k.

GTFO.

E-PRO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) E-PRO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) E-PRO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) E-PRO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) E-PRO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) E-PRO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) E-PRO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) E-PRO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) E-PRO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) E-PRO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) E-PRO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Math + Econ double major cum at me

4.0 GPA srs
    Hello! I am very sorry that you are reading this page right now instead of posting hilarious comedy on the internet. I'm sure this issue will resolve itself soon.

Unst is on a distinguished road. (+10) Unst is on a distinguished road. (+10) Unst is on a distinguished road. (+10) Unst is on a distinguished road. (+10) Unst is on a distinguished road. (+10) Unst is on a distinguished road. (+10) Unst is on a distinguished road. (+10) Unst is on a distinguished road. (+10) Unst is on a distinguished road. (+10) Unst is on a distinguished road. (+10) Unst is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Finance major is best major. But seriously, OP, you tie up way too much of your self-worth in your job.

Truckie44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Truckie44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Truckie44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Truckie44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Truckie44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Truckie44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Truckie44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Truckie44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Truckie44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Truckie44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Truckie44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Went to school for engineering, switched to economics because it was interesting, got a job as a fireman.
    It's funny when coworkers find out I have a legitimate degree, and I make more money than my friends in finance.
    *Misc Firefighter/EMT Crew*
    Deadlift: 525 | Squat: 385 | Bench: 325 | OHP: 200

repos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) repos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) repos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) repos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) repos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) repos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) repos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) repos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) repos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) repos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) repos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by TheCurator View Post
    Hahahahahaha that will take take you to second year of an engineering degree, let alone qualify as a math major, LET ALONE qualify as a pure math major.
    ok this is a dumb argument.
    But to get a statistics degree @berkely aka math
    Core
    Math 1A Calculus
    Math 1B Calculus II
    Math 53 Multivariable Calculus
    Math 54 Linear Algebra and Differential Equations

Requirements
    Stat 133 Concepts in Computing with Data
    Stat 134 Concepts of Probability
    Stat 135 Concepts of Statistics

3. Electives
    STATISTICS ELECTIVES (at least one course must have a lab). Choose from:
    Stat 150 Stochastic Processes
    Stat 151A or 151B (lab) Linear Modelling: Theory and Applications
    Stat 152 (lab) Sampling Surveys
    Stat 153 (lab) Introduction to Time Series
    Stat 154 (lab) Modern Statistical Prediction and Machine Learning
    Stat 155 Game Theory
    Stat 157 Seminar on Topics in Probability and Statistics
    Stat 158 (lab) The Design and Analysis of Experiments

4. Thesis Project
    honestly this looks a bit the same to limitbreaks post
    Also for mathematical economics you do learn differential equations.

Originally Posted by LimitBreak View Post
    True hard Economics degrees that get jobs take the following courses:

Econometrics I-III (if you don't know what's econometrics look it up)
    Calc I-III
    Linear Algebra
    Differential Equations
    Advanced Statistics
    Hands on Analysis and Econometrics labs
    Forecasting I-II
    Advanced micro (derive all theory equations)
    Advanced Macro (derive all theory equations)
    Mathematical Economics I-II
    keep rep trading out of your sig line

MangoPort is a name known to all. (+5000) MangoPort is a name known to all. (+5000) MangoPort is a name known to all. (+5000) MangoPort is a name known to all. (+5000) MangoPort is a name known to all. (+5000) MangoPort is a name known to all. (+5000) MangoPort is a name known to all. (+5000) MangoPort is a name known to all. (+5000) MangoPort is a name known to all. (+5000) MangoPort is a name known to all. (+5000) MangoPort is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I agree. Most BB and EB investment bank/private equity firms hire their Associates from MBA programs. It's just a requirement - I'm not saying you'll need an MBA in order to actually get the work done. A number of people go to MBA programs in order to "re brand" themselves if they didn't go to a target undergrad school.

Also, the majority of people who get MBAs do it through the cheapest programs or whatever program they get into. Getting an MBA from an M7 or HSY/P is a whole different universe.

Personally, I think the CFA is a better program to put yourself through in terms of finance curriculum you'll learn - it's geared towards people who want to work for Hedge Funds/Investment Management firms though, and not necessarily IB/PE.
    You make it sound like it's easy to get these jobs. It's not enough to go to Harvard (I have a master's from Cornell in Engineering) you also need to be the best *and* somehow HR needs to like you, I need to like you and my boss needs to like you MORE than the other guy. It's 400 applicants for every job, sometimes more than 2,000 and once you throw out those that have no chance you're left with 50-60 guys that could all do the job very well, are willing to work 80+ hrs per week and laugh at all your jokes.

It's a bloody nightmare out there. I work for one of the 10 largest banks in the world and I can tell you the days of signing bonuses are looooong over unless you're bringing in a ton of connections the bank desparately needs (which does not happy when you're 25). How big do you think your bonus is going to be when your department LOSES MONEY? The salaries you guys are talking about would be realistic 6 years ago, but not today.

Moreover, the job market is a mess, people hate bankers, top end pay is frozen 84% (maybe it's 86%) of hedge funds under performed the market in the last 2 years.

Not to be all doom and gloom, but you make it sound like it's
    a) Easy to get into an IVY
    b) Once in a IVY easy to get into a top firm
    c) Once in a top firm, easy to make money and survive

None of those are true.

Not directed specifically at you Stryfe but I feel like the real world is going to hit you guys like a bag of valencia oranges when you get out there. If I could offer any advice it's to network like CRAZY while you're young. Like. Crazy.

Registered Sex Offender TheCurator's Avatar
    TheCurator is a name known to all. (+5000) TheCurator is a name known to all. (+5000) TheCurator is a name known to all. (+5000) TheCurator is a name known to all. (+5000) TheCurator is a name known to all. (+5000) TheCurator is a name known to all. (+5000) TheCurator is a name known to all. (+5000) TheCurator is a name known to all. (+5000) TheCurator is a name known to all. (+5000) TheCurator is a name known to all. (+5000) TheCurator is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by repos View Post
    ok this is a dumb argument.
    But to get a statistics degree @berkely aka math
    Core
    Math 1A Calculus
    Math 1B Calculus II
    Math 53 Multivariable Calculus
    Math 54 Linear Algebra and Differential Equations

Requirements
    Stat 133 Concepts in Computing with Data
    Stat 134 Concepts of Probability
    Stat 135 Concepts of Statistics

3. Electives
    STATISTICS ELECTIVES (at least one course must have a lab). Choose from:
    Stat 150 Stochastic Processes
    Stat 151A or 151B (lab) Linear Modelling: Theory and Applications
    Stat 152 (lab) Sampling Surveys
    Stat 153 (lab) Introduction to Time Series
    Stat 154 (lab) Modern Statistical Prediction and Machine Learning
    Stat 155 Game Theory
    Stat 157 Seminar on Topics in Probability and Statistics
    Stat 158 (lab) The Design and Analysis of Experiments

4. Thesis Project
    honestly this looks a bit the same to limitbreaks post
    A statistics degree is not a math degree. They are usually run by the same department but are completely different fields, and math degrees are much harder. In a math degree you would do Analysis, PDEs (like Sturm-Liouville eigenvalue problems), abstract algebra and Galois theory, Measure theory, functional analysis, differential geometry and topology, etc

Engineers do ODEs in first year and PDEs in second...
    1 angry c*nt

Stryfe14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stryfe14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stryfe14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stryfe14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stryfe14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stryfe14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stryfe14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stryfe14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stryfe14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stryfe14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stryfe14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MangoPort View Post
    Not directed specifically at you Stryfe but I feel like the real world is going to hit you guys like a bag of valencia oranges when you get out there. If I could offer any advice it's to network like CRAZY while you're young. Like. Crazy.
    Of course I realize how difficult it is to break into these top firms.

I may have made it sound easier than it really is, but that was slightly my intention.

If there's anyone who believes in the power of networking (and having a good personality) it's me. You have no idea how many dozens of hours I spent networking this past year in order to land a Summer Analyst position at an IB the summer before my sophomore year.

Let there be no mistake about it, breaking into the top tiers of finance is no easy task, and nor should this beast be misunderstood or underestimated.

Through breaking the process down step by step (Go to a good school and get good grades -> Network and have good internships -> Get a FT position at a BB -> CEO10kday) I can provide a more tangible representation of what breaking into finance is like for the folks on the Misc that don't really have a clue. Besides, at least I made it sound a little more difficult than whoever said, Get Math PhD -> 300k starting.

Obviously if we were having a serious discussion on how to break into finance I would've provided a more technical breakdown of what needs to be done.
    STL Cardinals

Impossible is Nothing BrandonMag's Avatar
    BrandonMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandonMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandonMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandonMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandonMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandonMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandonMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandonMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandonMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandonMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandonMag will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Marketing major crew checking in, hopefully will be travelling a lot on business
    "Strive for the best, and accept nothing less."

"Don't ever let somebody tell you... You can't do something. Not even me. All right? You got a dream... You gotta protect it. People can't do somethin' themselves, they wanna tell you you can't do it. If you want somethin', go get it. Period."

Toronto Blue Jays | Toronto Maple Leafs | Real Madrid | Toronto Raptors | Detroit Lions

LHP & OF.

DatDereBrotein is on a distinguished road. (+10) DatDereBrotein is on a distinguished road. (+10) DatDereBrotein is on a distinguished road. (+10) DatDereBrotein is on a distinguished road. (+10) DatDereBrotein is on a distinguished road. (+10) DatDereBrotein is on a distinguished road. (+10) DatDereBrotein is on a distinguished road. (+10) DatDereBrotein is on a distinguished road. (+10) DatDereBrotein is on a distinguished road. (+10) DatDereBrotein is on a distinguished road. (+10) DatDereBrotein is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Of course I realize how difficult it is to break into these top firms.

I may have made it sound easier than it really is, but that was slightly my intention.

If there's anyone who believes in the power of networking (and having a good personality) it's me. You have no idea how many dozens of hours I spent networking this past year in order to land a Summer Analyst position at an IB the summer before my sophomore year.

Let there be no mistake about it, breaking into the top tiers of finance is no easy task, and nor should this beast be misunderstood or underestimated.

Through breaking the process down step by step (Go to a good school and get good grades -> Network and have good internships -> Get a FT position at a BB -> CEO10kday) I can provide a more tangible representation of what breaking into finance is like for the folks on the Misc that don't really have a clue. Besides, at least I made it sound a little more difficult than whoever said, Get Math PhD -> 300k starting.

Obviously if we were having a serious discussion on how to break into finance I would've provided a more technical breakdown of what needs to be done.
    Just read this whole thread. U know ur stuff brah. Reps
    Boston Aesthetics Crew
    No Fap But Still Fck Sloots Crew
    Disregard Everything Acquire Aesthetics Crew
    Black Knight Crew

They call me Adonisbrah

monty097 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) monty097 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) monty097 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) monty097 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) monty097 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) monty097 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) monty097 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) monty097 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) monty097 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) monty097 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) monty097 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Former300lber View Post
    Lol 130k? That it brah? My dad make's over 160k a year, after paying his employee's off etc, (He runs a small electrical company in a big city) I'm trying to do something else other then that, but that's my fall back, take over dad's business..

Btw, He never even finished grade 11.
    so your dad only makes 30k a year more than some people in their early 20's that are right out of university? your dad dun goofed lol

my dad clears 360K a year, dem dere mining engineer wages

repos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) repos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) repos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) repos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) repos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) repos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) repos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) repos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) repos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) repos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) repos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by monty097 View Post
    so your dad only makes 30k a year more than some people in their early 20's that are right out of university? your dad dun goofed lol

my dad clears 360K a year, dem dere mining engineer wages
    dude. shut up and get to the gym asap. and work on your arms. lol. my dad beats your dad is this pre-school? his dad makes a good amount of money
    keep rep trading out of your sig line

thehypocrit is not very helpful. (-500) thehypocrit is not very helpful. (-500) thehypocrit is not very helpful. (-500) thehypocrit is not very helpful. (-500) thehypocrit is not very helpful. (-500) thehypocrit is not very helpful. (-500) thehypocrit is not very helpful. (-500) thehypocrit is not very helpful. (-500) thehypocrit is not very helpful. (-500) thehypocrit is not very helpful. (-500) thehypocrit is not very helpful. (-500)
    I don't know about the US but in AUS MBA is a joke

Honestly you go to Uni for 10 hours a week and study for maybe 3-5 and can literally get HDs all round at Melb/Monash etc

Doing Engineering/Mathematics degrees are a lot harder and actually require real intelligence to understand core concepts in 3rd year + You can't just breeze through it like MBA subjects

KeepItRREAL is just really nice. (+1000) KeepItRREAL is just really nice. (+1000) KeepItRREAL is just really nice. (+1000) KeepItRREAL is just really nice. (+1000) KeepItRREAL is just really nice. (+1000) KeepItRREAL is just really nice. (+1000) KeepItRREAL is just really nice. (+1000) KeepItRREAL is just really nice. (+1000) KeepItRREAL is just really nice. (+1000) KeepItRREAL is just really nice. (+1000) KeepItRREAL is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Scofield View Post
    This.

I really do not understand (actually I do cause there's so many deluded eng majors here) why misc thinks math classes are the be all and end all of education. Being able to pass calc 1-3 is clearly a good thing, but communication skills and writing skills are more important. A lot of you 19-21 year olds are in for a big surprise when you enter the work force if you think it's all about math.
    >cal 1-3
    >math

hahahahahhahahahaha

repasaurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) repasaurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) repasaurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) repasaurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) repasaurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) repasaurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) repasaurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) repasaurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) repasaurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) repasaurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) repasaurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

BeardsGuy is just really nice. (+1000) BeardsGuy is just really nice. (+1000) BeardsGuy is just really nice. (+1000) BeardsGuy is just really nice. (+1000) BeardsGuy is just really nice. (+1000) BeardsGuy is just really nice. (+1000) BeardsGuy is just really nice. (+1000) BeardsGuy is just really nice. (+1000) BeardsGuy is just really nice. (+1000) BeardsGuy is just really nice. (+1000) BeardsGuy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Fsharpasharp View Post
    Unless you go to Harvard you're not getting a good job with that piece of **** econ/finance major. You're just a liberal arts slack jawed ***got who can't do math.

Math major>>>>>>>>>>>fast food management>>>>econ/finance
    Whatever dude.

Econ, law and engineering are top tier degrees. Pure math is for academics.

NakedPut is on a distinguished road. (+10) NakedPut is on a distinguished road. (+10) NakedPut is on a distinguished road. (+10) NakedPut is on a distinguished road. (+10) NakedPut is on a distinguished road. (+10) NakedPut is on a distinguished road. (+10) NakedPut is on a distinguished road. (+10) NakedPut is on a distinguished road. (+10) NakedPut is on a distinguished road. (+10) NakedPut is on a distinguished road. (+10) NakedPut is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Truckie44 View Post
    Went to school for engineering, switched to economics because it was interesting, got a job as a fireman.
    It's funny when coworkers find out I have a legitimate degree, and I make more money than my friends in finance.
    your friends must be analysts for chuckee cheese you retard

NakedPut is on a distinguished road. (+10) NakedPut is on a distinguished road. (+10) NakedPut is on a distinguished road. (+10) NakedPut is on a distinguished road. (+10) NakedPut is on a distinguished road. (+10) NakedPut is on a distinguished road. (+10) NakedPut is on a distinguished road. (+10) NakedPut is on a distinguished road. (+10) NakedPut is on a distinguished road. (+10) NakedPut is on a distinguished road. (+10) NakedPut is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BeardsGuy View Post
    Whatever dude.

Econ, law and engineering are top tier degrees. Pure math is for academics.
    awesome. tell this to the 1293012323112390 math major on wall street making millions. engineering has a **** load of math. and you won't get past the lsat without being good at math (or have a natural gift at logic/math). econ is math (at a real school) as well. come at me, gay beard

akalarry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) akalarry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) akalarry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) akalarry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) akalarry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) akalarry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) akalarry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) akalarry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) akalarry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) akalarry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) akalarry has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    brb having to kiss ass and be your boss's bitch in order to go anywhere

Misc Ceo, feels good man Scofield's Avatar
    Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Math $45,400.00 $92,400.00 $45,200.00 $64,200.00 $128,000.00 $183,000.00

Economics $50,100.00 $98,600.00 $50,600.00 $70,600.00 $145,000.00 $210,000.00

#1 Mid-Career 90th Percentile Salary

What now *******s

COKEDUPKID has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) COKEDUPKID has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) COKEDUPKID has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) COKEDUPKID has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) COKEDUPKID has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) COKEDUPKID has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) COKEDUPKID has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) COKEDUPKID has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) COKEDUPKID has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) COKEDUPKID has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) COKEDUPKID has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by sternie2014 View Post
    Life? It's all about the bucks kid. The rest is just conversation.
    I can't believe this ******* just used a Wall Street (1987 movie) quote. You are such a loser it isn't even funny. Pretending to be an investment banker for over a year now, it's getting old.

COKEDUPKID has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) COKEDUPKID has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) COKEDUPKID has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) COKEDUPKID has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) COKEDUPKID has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) COKEDUPKID has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) COKEDUPKID has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) COKEDUPKID has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) COKEDUPKID has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) COKEDUPKID has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) COKEDUPKID has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Whartonite2014 View Post
    lol, he works at a mid-tier BB. Through PMs he suggested to me he works at a DB/BAML/UBS.
    No proof no care. He's tiring and I've seen his threads so many times, this guy has legit bipolar + downsyndrome.

Aahl is just really nice. (+1000) Aahl is just really nice. (+1000) Aahl is just really nice. (+1000) Aahl is just really nice. (+1000) Aahl is just really nice. (+1000) Aahl is just really nice. (+1000) Aahl is just really nice. (+1000) Aahl is just really nice. (+1000) Aahl is just really nice. (+1000) Aahl is just really nice. (+1000) Aahl is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Igor3K View Post
    I actually don't imagine myself doing anything else, and actually enjoy
    learning about business, finance etc. Maybe because of my father, not sure.
    Business Studies was one of my fav. subjects at school.

Even though I'd love to work in finance, I know it will be VERY hard to get
    a job in the field out of Uni so I'm doing Accg/Finance and hoping that
    maybe at a later date into my Accg. career I'll get a chance at a finance position.
    rippin up business studies dat dere so deep in band 6 range

jmcdizzle44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmcdizzle44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmcdizzle44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmcdizzle44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmcdizzle44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmcdizzle44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmcdizzle44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmcdizzle44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmcdizzle44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmcdizzle44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmcdizzle44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Beast92 View Post
    Disagree.

Marketing major checking in, marketing is beetter
    Always thought Marketing was a joke of a subject???
    Φ United Misc Frat Φ

Geral Dean is my Hero Crew
    Always take the penis out da pussy before I cum crew
    AP will get laid by 2017 crew

mommaofobama is a name known to all. (+5000) mommaofobama is a name known to all. (+5000) mommaofobama is a name known to all. (+5000) mommaofobama is a name known to all. (+5000) mommaofobama is a name known to all. (+5000) mommaofobama is a name known to all. (+5000) mommaofobama is a name known to all. (+5000) mommaofobama is a name known to all. (+5000) mommaofobama is a name known to all. (+5000) mommaofobama is a name known to all. (+5000) mommaofobama is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I hate these threads. To make a lot of money via finance you have to get into a target school, network, get good grades, finally you need to ace interviews. So that's like the top 1% of the top 10% and so on and so forth. In other words, few people make it.

Neroo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Neroo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Neroo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Neroo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Neroo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Neroo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Neroo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Neroo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Neroo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Neroo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Neroo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    So what is best major in terms of making good money AND having a decent chance of getting a job.

A) Marketing
    B) Finance
    C) Accounting
    D) Economics

Zubrowski is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zubrowski is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zubrowski is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zubrowski is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zubrowski is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zubrowski is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zubrowski is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zubrowski is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zubrowski is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zubrowski is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zubrowski is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I would say accounting, finance and economics are some of the WORST degree choices, not the best...lol

Most people who get careers in these fields didn't even require a degree, just good communication skills and networking.

Neroo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Neroo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Neroo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Neroo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Neroo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Neroo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Neroo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Neroo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Neroo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Neroo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Neroo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Zubrowski View Post
    I would say accounting, finance and economics are some of the WORST degree choices, not the best...lol

Most people who get careers in these fields didn't even require a degree, just good communication skills and networking.
    I see. What about accounting or business administration?