Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Syril is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Syril is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Syril is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Syril is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Syril is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Syril is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Syril is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Syril is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Syril is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Syril is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Syril is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Any SWIMMERS around here?

** been swimming for 8 years crew **

repping swimmers on sight. show yourselves. would love to have discussions about it!
    uggs and Ipad

dacvingwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dacvingwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dacvingwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dacvingwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dacvingwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dacvingwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dacvingwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dacvingwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dacvingwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dacvingwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dacvingwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Wooo swam for both my high school and just finished my last year swimming in college!

Syril is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Syril is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Syril is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Syril is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Syril is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Syril is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Syril is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Syril is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Syril is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Syril is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Syril is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by dacvingwolf View Post
    Wooo swam for both my high school and just finished my last year swimming in college!
    that's nice share some results and PR's. why'd you stop?

swimmers are welcome ITT
    uggs and Ipad

dacvingwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dacvingwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dacvingwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dacvingwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dacvingwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dacvingwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dacvingwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dacvingwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dacvingwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dacvingwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dacvingwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I was champion my sophomore year in the 200 free in Liberty League Championships. I stopped because...well I graduated haha. Still do some recreational now but I'm a surfer so I do that to help out my conditioning

I was champion my sophomore year in the 200 free in Liberty League Championships. I stopped because...well I graduated haha. Still do some recreational now but I'm a surfer so I do that to help out my conditioning
    woah that's awesome! unfortunately I didn't participate in 200, only 50's 100's and 1000's. even though I've changed places and communities all throughout these 8 years I still didn't give up on it, neither should've you, but that's your choice still awesome to see that there are some great swimmers around here
    uggs and Ipad

I mean I'd do masters swimming, but i just finished up senior yr in college and kinda need my shoulders to rest a bit because they have over usage issues

BetaSwimmer is a name known to all. (+5000) BetaSwimmer is a name known to all. (+5000) BetaSwimmer is a name known to all. (+5000) BetaSwimmer is a name known to all. (+5000) BetaSwimmer is a name known to all. (+5000) BetaSwimmer is a name known to all. (+5000) BetaSwimmer is a name known to all. (+5000) BetaSwimmer is a name known to all. (+5000) BetaSwimmer is a name known to all. (+5000) BetaSwimmer is a name known to all. (+5000) BetaSwimmer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Swimming for 4 years, recruited to swim in college!

PR:

50 SCY Free: 22.81
    100 SCY Free: 48.53

100 Back and 200 Free weren't nearly as good.
    Civil Engineering Major
    Misc Cologne Crew
    US Army

Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Helloes

Swam 'professionally' from 10-16, then swam for college and university (in UK), although stopped when I came to study in England, small pools and no good competitions back then. They put me in a lot of waterpolo teams but that's about all i did here.

Still love to do as preferred cardio though.

To be honest, all gym pools here are 20 yards vs. the 50M ones I am used to and love so much

Got disgustingly lazy, gained crap loads of weight in 2 years of no swimming, getting back into it now, I hope to at the very list reach the time I had when I was 16.

100M Backstroke is my thing (1.09 in 50M pool last time i remember).

What about you, OP?

Originally Posted by BetaSwimmer View Post
    Swimming for 4 years, recruited to swim in college!

PR:

50 SCY Free: 22.81
    100 SCY Free: 48.53

100 Back and 200 Free weren't nearly as good.
    amazing PR's! you beat me in the 50 SCY Free more of a distance swimmer, but also decent sprinter

Originally Posted by Violander View Post
    Helloes

Swam 'professionally' from 10-16, then swam for college and university (in UK), although stopped when I came to study in England, small pools and no good competitions back then. They put me in a lot of waterpolo teams but that's about all i did here.

Still love to do as preferred cardio though.

To be honest, all gym pools here are 20 yards vs. the 50M ones I am used to and love so much

Got disgustingly lazy, gained crap loads of weight in 2 years of no swimming, getting back into it now, I hope to at the very list reach the time I had when I was 16.

100M Backstroke is my thing (1.09 in 50M pool last time i remember).

What about you, OP?
    that's good to see you've been swimming 6 years, a shame you dropped it.

I've been swimming from the age of 5, took a 2 year break, swam again from ages 7~8 then again one year brake and now swimming 8 years from the age of 9.

PR'S:

50 SCY free: 23.28

100 SCY free: 48.21

repped all of you
    uggs and Ipad

jabberwock55 is not very well liked. (-100) jabberwock55 is not very well liked. (-100) jabberwock55 is not very well liked. (-100) jabberwock55 is not very well liked. (-100) jabberwock55 is not very well liked. (-100) jabberwock55 is not very well liked. (-100) jabberwock55 is not very well liked. (-100) jabberwock55 is not very well liked. (-100) jabberwock55 is not very well liked. (-100) jabberwock55 is not very well liked. (-100) jabberwock55 is not very well liked. (-100)
    My parents made me learn swimming when i was a wee toddler.Now after almost 33 years I am starting again

Iain1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iain1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iain1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iain1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iain1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iain1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iain1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iain1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iain1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iain1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iain1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Swam a lot in school but switched over to rugby/track/XC

Just recently joins a gym with pools so I like to swim 1/2 mile or so as a warm down a couple of times a week. Not fast at all but just for enjoyment. I hadn't swam for 25 yrs or so

Originally Posted by Iain1974 View Post
    Swam a lot in school but switched over to rugby/track/XC

Just recently joins a gym with pools so I like to swim 1/2 mile or so as a warm down a couple of times a week. Not fast at all but just for enjoyment. I hadn't swam for 25 yrs or so
    that's great. baby steps. you can actually consider swimming as your cardio and do it every once in a while, I feel like it's more rewarding and just more entertaining then any other kind of cardio.
    Originally Posted by jabberwock55 View Post
    My parents made me learn swimming when i was a wee toddler.Now after almost 33 years I am starting again
    It's never too late. I train in a professional team in a certain facility and after us there's a group of people that are 40+ that swim together and they swim just fine, you can see some of them had a swimming background. good job! swimming is good for alot of things, health is most important in my opinion.
    uggs and Ipad

LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuckSide will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I swam for 3 years in high school.

50 freestyle - 23.13
    100 breast - 1:06.12
    College Football Training Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152135513

Maxs:
    Barbell Bench Press - 295 lbs
    Squat - 455 lbs
    Deadlift - 425 lbs
    Hang Clean - 270 lbs

200 Free: 1:46.53

100 Back: 59.07

100 Free: 47.89

200 Back: 2:10.08

Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    200 Free: 1:46.53

100 Back: 59.07

100 Free: 47.89

200 Back: 2:10.08
    Just out of interest, is that meters? I didn't even know that "Yard" were considered official lengths. Live and learn I guess

Ya that was yards. Wish it was meters because I'm better at that ahahaha.

Ya that was yards. Wish it was meters because I'm better at that ahahaha.
    quite the opposite actually, yards are shorter than meters ergo 100 yards = about 90 meters, still very solid PR
    uggs and Ipad

PierceDem is on a distinguished road. (+10) PierceDem is on a distinguished road. (+10) PierceDem is on a distinguished road. (+10) PierceDem is on a distinguished road. (+10) PierceDem is on a distinguished road. (+10) PierceDem is on a distinguished road. (+10) PierceDem is on a distinguished road. (+10) PierceDem is on a distinguished road. (+10) PierceDem is on a distinguished road. (+10) PierceDem is on a distinguished road. (+10) PierceDem is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Swam for 8 years competitively, PR for 50m free 23.1. Switched sports now though, those training sessions became very, very tedious.

Originally Posted by Syril View Post
    quite the opposite actually, yards are shorter than meters ergo 100 yards = about 90 meters, still very solid PR
    What i mean to say is I'm better at meters because that's what I was trained in for high school and I was a mid distance to distance swimmer so I had better stamina in meters.

bump
    uggs and Ipad

ccrump1212 is just really nice. (+1000) ccrump1212 is just really nice. (+1000) ccrump1212 is just really nice. (+1000) ccrump1212 is just really nice. (+1000) ccrump1212 is just really nice. (+1000) ccrump1212 is just really nice. (+1000) ccrump1212 is just really nice. (+1000) ccrump1212 is just really nice. (+1000) ccrump1212 is just really nice. (+1000) ccrump1212 is just really nice. (+1000) ccrump1212 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Started back up at the beginning of last year after a 10 year layoff. Had a 30s 50m Free when I was 14/15, quit before I could get into the 20's to play baseball. Mostly do distance now, ~28 min on a mile last time I timed myself. I feel like I should be able to get close to a 20 min mile if I drop a little more weight and wear a cap.

Was a very humbling experience jumping into the pool after that much time off.

Adsl2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adsl2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adsl2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adsl2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adsl2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adsl2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What is the best way to learn to swim properly?

Originally Posted by ccrump1212 View Post
    Started back up at the beginning of last year after a 10 year layoff. Had a 30s 50m Free when I was 14/15, quit before I could get into the 20's to play baseball. Mostly do distance now, ~28 min on a mile last time I timed myself. I feel like I should be able to get close to a 20 min mile if I drop a little more weight and wear a cap.

Was a very humbling experience jumping into the pool after that much time off.
    keep going great for cardio and overall pleasure.

Originally Posted by Adsl2 View Post
    What is the best way to learn to swim properly?
    I don't know about the others here but I started in a group. after 4 years in the group the practices became too easy for me and around that time I also got a scholarship ~ around 15, and from then I am swimming with a personal trainer. I'd recommend starting in a group.
    uggs and Ipad

00o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00o has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Been learning freestyle with a competitive swimmer. Never realized there's so many intricacies involved in JUST a small portion of hand movements. Guy makes me repeat parts of it like a thousand times a day (literally).

Adsl2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adsl2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adsl2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adsl2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adsl2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adsl2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Syril View Post
    I don't know about the others here but I started in a group. after 4 years in the group the practices became too easy for me and around that time I also got a scholarship ~ around 15, and from then I am swimming with a personal trainer. I'd recommend starting in a group.
    Thanks for the reply, I will check out my local swim schools and get quotations.

Another question, do you guys think it is possible to teach yourself how to swim properly or half-properly with YouTube videos and online material?

Originally Posted by Adsl2 View Post
    Thanks for the reply, I will check out my local swim schools and get quotations.

Another question, do you guys think it is possible to teach yourself how to swim properly or half-properly with YouTube videos and online material?
    wouldn't bet on it. I'd recommend a group\trainer. If you got follow up questions there would be nobody to answer you

Originally Posted by 00o View Post
    Been learning freestyle with a competitive swimmer. Never realized there's so many intricacies involved in JUST a small portion of hand movements. Guy makes me repeat parts of it like a thousand times a day (literally).
    I know. I had to take physiology and anatomy classes about swimming to improve myself, there's alot more to it than you think.
    uggs and Ipad

mbland02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mbland02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mbland02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mbland02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mbland02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mbland02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mbland02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mbland02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mbland02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mbland02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mbland02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    swam in high school crew. 50-100-200 free here and one 500 my senior year(every senior had to do one his senior year)

Bsrfitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bsrfitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bsrfitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bsrfitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bsrfitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bsrfitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bsrfitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bsrfitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bsrfitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bsrfitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bsrfitness is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I grew up swimming competitively from the age of 6-13, Last year and this year I have been doing 50m sprints for cardio.
    My Pr's are not insanely fast, but I am happy with them since I do not train for anything other than keeping in shape.
    50m freestyle - 24.50seconds so I was pretty happy with that.

bump
    uggs and Ipad

China505 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) China505 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) China505 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) China505 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) China505 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) China505 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) China505 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) China505 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) China505 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) China505 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) China505 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I swim pretty often 3-5 days a week but just or a workout, I swam a lot more when I was doing ironman triathlons, now I'll do some open water races if I'm nearby. I'm not that fast, my bea ironman swim was 1:02 (2.4 miles).