Spark77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spark77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spark77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spark77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spark77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spark77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spark77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spark77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spark77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spark77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spark77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

backing off: getting through the next 3-4 weeks in a smart way

My schedule since mid-April, and I have 3-4 more weeks of it:

1) Lifting 3x/wk, full body, 3 sets of 8-12 reps for each body part, with purpose and intensity, would be perfect if that was all I was doing with my body
    2) Seasonal job, lots of physical labor, on feet all the time lifting 25 lbs or less a lot, three to four 8-hour days per week
    3) New (to us) home, and halfway through ripping out sod and river rock in the yard all by myself

Every single day of the week I am doing at least one of those three things. I don't want to give any of them up, but things are getting way out of balance. I am dead-tired and achy and stiff all the time (though it magically goes away whenever I'm in the gym, LOL.)

I'm at an awkward age where I keep forgetting I'm not 20 years old anymore, and I tend to physically run myself right into the ground before I realize I've done so. I am not good at listening to my body as I get older, but I'm getting better at it. Enough to know that I can't keep up this pace for another month. At least I am smart enough to get 8+ hours of sleep each night and to eat lots of good food to keep my weight up.

I've already backed off on the yard work as much as I can (a lot of it is time-sensitive and can't be done later), and I can't back off on my work hours until the season is over in late June. Which leaves my workouts. How much do you folks think I can back off and still be making a little bit of progress? Mentally, backing off from the gym is going to drive me crazy, but my body (especially low back, ankles, and feet) is starting to break down and is screaming for rest. Should I keep the full-body routine and go 2x/week? Take a week-long deload (thus creating a few days where I do no physical work at all), and then go back to the same program for the last few weeks of my job? What do you recommend?

And if I do deload, since I am bulking, should I keep my calories the same that week or lower them?