Palermo1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Palermo1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Palermo1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Palermo1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Palermo1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Palermo1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Palermo1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Palermo1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Palermo1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Palermo1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Palermo1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

2 Questions some of you may know!

Question 1: Can I name my business "Personal Training by (My Name Here)"? I heard that if you use your name you don't have to worry about getting an LLC, anyone know if this is true?

Question 2: Is it illegal for me to train someone at a public High School Track? Or a park?

Thanks everyone.
    "In order to succeed you must fail so, don't be afraid to make mistakes."

SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000)
    These really are questions that you need to ask your State. The name would have a good chance of flying as long as it is your legal name. I'd still double check to make sure that you don't have to file for a DBA. An LLC is completely different and provides some additional benefits over a sole proprietorship (what you would be if you don't file). I'd consult a lawyer, or do some research on Google.

For the second question, I would again refer you to your local government. The town/city office should be able to let you know what is permitted and whether or not you need a permit to train people there. If it is one on one, it is unlikely that anyone will take notice, but if you are taking up considerable space, they may notice or question you at some point.

Registered User JoeCannonMSCSCS's Avatar
    JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You may have to pay the school something if you train on their property. You will also need personal trainer liability insurance (they will ask you about this) as well as CPR/AED certs

you can use that name as a sole proprietor (check with a lawyer to make sure). really do need liability insurance no matter what you do. Trust me

Joe
    Joe Cannon, MS
    Joe-Cannon.com
    SupplementClarity.com

DGetsCut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JoeCannonMSCSCS View Post
    You may have to pay the school something if you train on their property. You will also need personal trainer liability insurance (they will ask you about this) as well as CPR/AED certs

you can use that name as a sole proprietor (check with a lawyer to make sure). really do need liability insurance no matter what you do. Trust me

Joe
    Agreed. And you need the school's permission to train there. A park is usually fine, but can depend on local laws.
    Derin Gets Cut in San Diego

THE San Diego Fitness Studio. Affordable Personal Training. A Fitness Trainer's Gym.
    (858) FIT-NESS
    www.SDFitness.com