nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Unhappy starting to freak out

i have been doing the ckd thing for 8 days now. when i started out i weighed 213lbs, now i weigh 203lbs. both times i weighed myself it was first thing out of bed with an empty stomach.

im getting really nervous because i heard that if you lose over 2lbs/week then most of it will be muscle being wasted.

my workouts have been normal, no loss of strength or anything. everything looks the same size.

is this normal or do you think i lost some muscle?

maybe im a genetic freak?
    (hope so that would be cool)

Ramirez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If this is your first time doing CKD or Keto then its normal. In the first week you will lose a tremendous amount of weight, but most of it is water. Your muscles glycogen stores are now depleted.

Water weight can go from 3 to 6 lbs of your total weight loss in the first week. Thats what I experienced anyway. You'll get some weight back with your first carb up.

You also just changed your metabolism into a fat burning machine and by now you should feel it, that initial boost burn a little more fat than usual. Your body will get used to burn fat instead of carbs and you will steady yourself at around 2 lbs weight loss per week.

Thats from my experience. In my book its normal.
    Just do your best and if its not enough, well... just do what it takes...

Belief and faith in yourself is everything you need to have to achieve anything.

nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally posted by Ramirez
    If this is your first time doing CKD or Keto then its normal. In the first week you will lose a tremendous amount of weight, but most of it is water. Your muscles glycogen stores are now depleted.

Water weight can go from 3 to 6 lbs of your total weight loss in the first week. Thats what I experienced anyway. You'll get some weight back with your first carb up.

You also just changed your metabolism into a fat burning machine and by now you should feel it, that initial boost burn a little more fat than usual. Your body will get used to burn fat instead of carbs and you will steady yourself at around 2 lbs weight loss per week.

Thats from my experience. In my book its normal.
    thank god i was getting worried. i took all my measurements and they are close to the same (little smaller but i think thats from the fat loss)

i have had one carbup so far.

Ramirez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I learned that what is really important with a keto-CKD diet is not the scale, its your body measurement and the way you look in general, especially if you lift weights. That will be give you the measure of your success on that diet.

Sometimes I have a difference of 2-3 lbs from one day to another, but my waist line and chest line measurements never lie to me.

Give your body at least 2 weeks to get used to that metabolic switch. I personaly did my first 2 weeks without taking a carb up day and I got around the same results as yours.
    Just do your best and if its not enough, well... just do what it takes...

Belief and faith in yourself is everything you need to have to achieve anything.