oscarodw is on a distinguished road. (+10) oscarodw is on a distinguished road. (+10) oscarodw is on a distinguished road. (+10) oscarodw is on a distinguished road. (+10) oscarodw is on a distinguished road. (+10) oscarodw is on a distinguished road. (+10) oscarodw is on a distinguished road. (+10) oscarodw is on a distinguished road. (+10) oscarodw is on a distinguished road. (+10) oscarodw is on a distinguished road. (+10) oscarodw is on a distinguished road. (+10)

need help on squats please :)

hello at the moment when i am squatting i put two 10kg plates on the ground and when im squatting i put my heals on the edge of the plate .

is there any mobility exercise i can do to improve it . and be able to squat without standing on the plates ?

is it okay to continue like im doing ?

thanks

Haunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Haunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Haunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Haunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Haunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Haunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Haunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Haunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Haunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Haunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Haunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by oscarodw View Post
    hello at the moment when i am squatting i put two 10kg plates on the ground and when im squatting i put my heals on the edge of the plate .

is there any mobility exercise i can do to improve it . and be able to squat without standing on the plates ?

is it okay to continue like im doing ?

thanks
    It helps if you're having trouble pushing from your heels.
    But it should not be a permanent way to perform the exercise.

hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It is not safe to put plates under your feet to squat.

Get some heeled lifting shoes instead.

If you want to go flat footed try a wider stance with feet pointed out more.

oscarodw is on a distinguished road. (+10) oscarodw is on a distinguished road. (+10) oscarodw is on a distinguished road. (+10) oscarodw is on a distinguished road. (+10) oscarodw is on a distinguished road. (+10) oscarodw is on a distinguished road. (+10) oscarodw is on a distinguished road. (+10) oscarodw is on a distinguished road. (+10) oscarodw is on a distinguished road. (+10) oscarodw is on a distinguished road. (+10) oscarodw is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ya i was thinking that , is there anything that i can do so i acan do it without them ?

because i know when i do squats without the plates i cant keep i straight enough back ?

71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Haunt View Post
    But it should not be a permanent way to perform the exercise.
    Tell that to Olympic lifters.

OP elevating your heels is going to put more emphasis on your quads.
    Many lifting shoes are designed with lift built in.
    Nike Romaleos or Rogue Do-Wins come to mind.
    On the road to 1250

Train consistently, move iron with purpose, eat well, sleep well and achieve.

im not going to be going competing for at least 3 years so , i just would like to know will it have any negative effects on my squats if i continue doing them this way ?

what if i i started standing on 5kg plates and then the next week stand on 2.5kg and so on ?

i will invest in a proper pair of weight lifting shoes in a few yrs when ive stopped growing

71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000)
    The recommendation not to use plates was based on the fact that plates provide horrible stability, not the height of the plate itself.
    On the road to 1250

Train consistently, move iron with purpose, eat well, sleep well and achieve.

Originally Posted by 71Avido View Post
    The recommendation not to use plates was based on the fact that plates provide horrible stability, not the height of the plate itself.
    oooh i understand now !

what about if i got a bit of wood ?

any bettter no ?

Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've seen people use a piece of plywood that they put their heels on. I've never tried it, so I can't really comment on it. But, I think it would be very difficult. You cant guarantee that your feet are in the same spot everytime, and you have to back up onto the wood (or plates now in your case) with the weight on your back. Seems like a difficult task when the weight gets heavy. I'd work on mobility before doing anything outside of lifting shoes.

Try stretching your calfs before you squat. I've never had problem hitting depth, but from what I understand its typically a calf issue if your heels come off the ground at depth in a squat.

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    For some people, elevating their heels will cause knee damage. If your leg femur is long relative to your torso, then elevating your heels can help you out. If not, then it can just cause undue stress on your knees.

That being said, if you want to work on your hip mobility, you can foam roll, do mobility drills: walking overhead lunges-bodyweight, leg swings, hip circles, etc. You can also do some single leg exercises, lunges, step ups, etc. Improving your ankle mobility with drills can also help

speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    stretch before you squat deep.
    most likely is your mobility issue.
    I squat wearing barefoot toe shoes.

Originally Posted by Rags85 View Post
    I've seen people use a piece of plywood that they put their heels on. I've never tried it, so I can't really comment on it. But, I think it would be very difficult. You cant guarantee that your feet are in the same spot everytime, and you have to back up onto the wood (or plates now in your case) with the weight on your back. Seems like a difficult task when the weight gets heavy. I'd work on mobility before doing anything outside of lifting shoes.

Try stretching your calfs before you squat. I've never had problem hitting depth, but from what I understand its typically a calf issue if your heels come off the ground at depth in a squat.
    thanks il try stretching

Originally Posted by Partyrocking View Post
    For some people, elevating their heels will cause knee damage. If your leg femur is long relative to your torso, then elevating your heels can help you out. If not, then it can just cause undue stress on your knees.

That being said, if you want to work on your hip mobility, you can foam roll, do mobility drills: walking overhead lunges-bodyweight, leg swings, hip circles, etc. You can also do some single leg exercises, lunges, step ups, etc. Improving your ankle mobility with drills can also help
    thanks il work on them movement

Originally Posted by speedjason View Post
    stretch before you squat deep.
    most likely is your mobility issue.
    I squat wearing barefoot toe shoes.
    thanks ya its probably my mobility , il try stretching

tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by oscarodw View Post
    ya i was thinking that , is there anything that i can do so i acan do it without them ?
    Yes, stretch your calves. All the plates are doing for you is simulating better ankle mobility.
    How to eliminate lower back rounding (aka "butt-wink") in the squat, a definitive guide:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153644231