wjddnrl2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wjddnrl2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wjddnrl2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wjddnrl2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Month since I started keto. Time to carb up?

Hey guys. I started keto over a month ago now.
    I dropped about 4~5lb but from pictures it seems like i dropped more fat than that and hopefully i gained muscle. I'm 5'8" and currently 150lb probly little bit under 20% body fat.

Do you guys think I should remain in SKD? or should i start doing some carb ups.
    My goal is to reach low 10s in terms of body fat percentage by mid August but I don't want to get any smaller than I am right now. Planning to go on either a bulk diet or CKD from September for sure.

I've been eating 2000 cals with 65f/30p/5c for the past 30~35 days.
    I also lift for 1 hour Mon/Wed/Fri and do stretches and cardio on Tues/Thurs/Saturday.

Any opinion will be appreciated.

Thanks guys!

wjddnrl2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wjddnrl2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wjddnrl2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wjddnrl2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Addition: I've been also stalled at 150 lb for a 1~2 weeks now. Should I be lowering my calories now? If so, by how much?

Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Carb up, then go back to previous macros. If you haven't changed in the mirror after 2-3 weeks, consider lowering calories further, or increase cardio.
    www.squidoo.com/keto-diet

Was 300+ lbs.
    Logs
    90 day XAT-7 and Cardio Igniter forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146779723
    TEST-PEAK http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149177173
    2013 BB.com challenge log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150876933

Sugar Alcohols...Explained http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151110953

Metabolic advantage of keto diet: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153834101

Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Carb up or do the targeted keto diet. Your body needs carbs in order to continue with weight lifting and/or intense cardio. The standard keto diet is only appropriate for people who do not exercise or perform light aerobic exercises.

Thanks guys. I guess i should really do a refeed.

would 24 hour refeed be sufficient enough for the first refeed?

Planning to eat 500g carbs, 120g protein, 50g fat.

cyelistgod is not very well liked. (-100) cyelistgod is not very well liked. (-100) cyelistgod is not very well liked. (-100) cyelistgod is not very well liked. (-100) cyelistgod is not very well liked. (-100) cyelistgod is not very well liked. (-100) cyelistgod is not very well liked. (-100) cyelistgod is not very well liked. (-100) cyelistgod is not very well liked. (-100) cyelistgod is not very well liked. (-100) cyelistgod is not very well liked. (-100)
    If you need to still lose weight you shouldn't load on carbs except green vegetables which are healthy. people eat so much carbs on the weekend that they gain all the fat back and sometimes more.

Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by cyelistgod View Post
    If you need to still lose weight you shouldn't load on carbs except green vegetables which are healthy. people eat so much carbs on the weekend that they gain all the fat back and sometimes more.
    Strong misunderstanding of cyclic ketogenic diet.

Was 300+ lbs.
    Logs
    90 day XAT-7 and Cardio Igniter forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146779723
    2013 BB.com challenge log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150876933

Sugar Alcohols...Explained http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151110953

Metabolic advantage of keto diet: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153834101

Originally Posted by wjddnrl2000 View Post
    Thanks guys. I guess i should really do a refeed.

would 24 hour refeed be sufficient enough for the first refeed?

Planning to eat 500g carbs, 120g protein, 50g fat.
    There are a couple ways to figure it, but basically, eat all the carbohydrates you can, the same amount of protein, and minimize fat.

I've seen people go up to 48 hours, but 24 would be okay. If you lift hard n heavy a lot, and do a proper depletion workout, go longer. If it is more to control cravings/maintain hormones, 24 would be fine.

I find an easier transition if I start with like gatoraid in the morning before going full bore pasta/bread/etc.

Was 300+ lbs.
    Logs

Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by cyelistgod View Post
    No.

That guy stops by about once every few weeks or a month and does this sort of stuff.

Was 300+ lbs.
    Logs

Location: Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    otiso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) otiso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) otiso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) otiso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) otiso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) otiso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) otiso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) otiso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) otiso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) otiso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Think this is a good thread to hop in on.

This weekend i had my first re-feed (week earlier than i planned but hey, i was 3-weeks in and a friend (on keto also) said i should carb-up.

Depletion workout was Friday, hit all the compound stuff and then hit most of everything else (didn't really touch arms, but lots of back / chest saw them get hit anyway)

No carbs friday night, saturday started off normal no carb stuff, protein shake with almonds and eggs for breaky... lunch at 3 is where i saw my keto friend and he convinced me to carb up. I opted for a meal in a pub (not great as don't know nutrition) called Hunters Chicken.

It's basically 2 chicken breasts, bacon on top, bbq sauce and cheese on top. Chips on the side. I ate every single chip, and i freaking loved them. And i also hada slice of garlic bread. That was my carb up, oh that and a diet coke.

I hear a lot of stuff about carb-ups. Liquid for the first few hours, then get onto carbs, but not high-gi ones, only low-gi. I want to do successful carb-ups that won't screw me over on this diet, so is there rules against what not to have / to have , or is it essentially making sure you hit your protein macro, minimize fat a bit and then go mad on any kind of carb?

I work out 5/6 times a week, 1-2 hour sessions (always start with stretch and cardio warm-up + stretch and cardio warmdown so actual lifting is 1-1:30)

Any guidance would be ace, i was thinking something like this:

Friday night : eat like i normally would on keto, except get some liquid carbs down me, either dextrose in a drink or i'm going to find something carbby when i go sohpping,

Saturday morning: oats for breaky with milk

Saturday lunch: brown baguette with cheese and ham or chicken...

Saturday dinner: brown rice/pasta with some kind of chicken or bacon etc..

Potentially some home made cupcakes too...

As said, guidance needed on this as i've read so much... including that pizza is kind of acceptable too!

Jmadden44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jmadden44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jmadden44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jmadden44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jmadden44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jmadden44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jmadden44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jmadden44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jmadden44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jmadden44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jmadden44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by otiso View Post
    Think this is a good thread to hop in on.

This weekend i had my first re-feed (week earlier than i planned but hey, i was 3-weeks in and a friend (on keto also) said i should carb-up.

Depletion workout was Friday, hit all the compound stuff and then hit most of everything else (didn't really touch arms, but lots of back / chest saw them get hit anyway)

No carbs friday night, saturday started off normal no carb stuff, protein shake with almonds and eggs for breaky... lunch at 3 is where i saw my keto friend and he convinced me to carb up. I opted for a meal in a pub (not great as don't know nutrition) called Hunters Chicken.

It's basically 2 chicken breasts, bacon on top, bbq sauce and cheese on top. Chips on the side. I ate every single chip, and i freaking loved them. And i also hada slice of garlic bread. That was my carb up, oh that and a diet coke.

I hear a lot of stuff about carb-ups. Liquid for the first few hours, then get onto carbs, but not high-gi ones, only low-gi. I want to do successful carb-ups that won't screw me over on this diet, so is there rules against what not to have / to have , or is it essentially making sure you hit your protein macro, minimize fat a bit and then go mad on any kind of carb?

I work out 5/6 times a week, 1-2 hour sessions (always start with stretch and cardio warm-up + stretch and cardio warmdown so actual lifting is 1-1:30)

Any guidance would be ace, i was thinking something like this:

Friday night : eat like i normally would on keto, except get some liquid carbs down me, either dextrose in a drink or i'm going to find something carbby when i go sohpping,

Saturday morning: oats for breaky with milk

Saturday lunch: brown baguette with cheese and ham or chicken...

Saturday dinner: brown rice/pasta with some kind of chicken or bacon etc..

Potentially some home made cupcakes too...

As said, guidance needed on this as i've read so much... including that pizza is kind of acceptable too!
    I'd stay away from the fats as much as possible during carb ups bro. I was curious to see you use aaaaachooo's carb up method, I ended up using it last weekend and I have to say the results were incredible. I got the pump that he was talking about, so I think I'll stick to his format lol.

Location: Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    otiso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) otiso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) otiso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) otiso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) otiso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) otiso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) otiso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) otiso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) otiso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) otiso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jmadden44 View Post
    I'd stay away from the fats as much as possible during carb ups bro. I was curious to see you use aaaaachooo's carb up method, I ended up using it last weekend and I have to say the results were incredible. I got the pump that he was talking about, so I think I'll stick to his format lol.

nice man! Can you message me or something the format you used? I will re-read aaaaaachoo's thread but he had various attempts at carbing up so i want to make sure i have a go at the correct one and miss the bad refeeds =P

Did you do the one every 2 hours, or just simply the types of food he ate?

Let me know dude, appreciate it