Goodpoint has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can anyone confirm that I am too tall for Powertec WB-MS at 6'9" (205cm)?

I've been searching this forum the last few days and can only find references like "I'm 6'3'' and can use the WB-MS but I imagine someone 6'6'' or more would have trouble." I also saw a post saying the squat station would require me to crawl in and out like a baby (if at all) but due to an injury squats aren't my main concern at the moment and I believe I see a way to make a few welds and fix that problem. Bench press and overhead press are my main concerns. Do you think the ab crunch mechanism would work for a very tall person? In general, will I wish I never bought that thing (due to height)?

I am 6'9'', which is much closer to being a circus act than someone who is "normal tall" like 6'3''. Normally I would just go try the equipment in a store, but last month a moved from the USA to an obscure part of Romania, without access to... a lot of things. I did however find one online store with a WB-MS (and WB-LS but I've already read that I'm too tall for that) that is willing to deliver to me. In other words, I need to pay before I try it, and no refund. They don't have any other good equipment; no BodySolid (I've read it fits tall people better) or anything like that.

Thanks!!

p.s. I know free weights are better than any machine.

donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Goodpoint View Post
    "They don't have any other good equipment; no BodySolid (I've read it fits tall people better) or anything like that."
    I cant help you with the PT question but as a Bodysolid GPR378 owner I can tell you the factory measurements are off! Its 79 inches (6ft 7") tall. This has been mentioned in a few reviews.

Originally Posted by donforeman View Post
    I cant help you with the PT question but as a Bodysolid GPR378 owner I can tell you the factory measurements are off! Its 79 inches (6ft 7") tall. This has been mentioned in a few reviews.
    Thanks for the reply, every piece of info helps! Much appreciated.

KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000)
    Can't comment specifically on that particular piece of equipment, but in general consumer grade lever style machines and multi-gyms are NOT designed for tall people - and that's when "tall" is just 6'3" or even 6'. If you fit into it at all, the biomechanics are likely to be completely off, which can mean anything from uncomfortable to injury risk.

If you're 5'10", free weights may be better than machines. If you're 6'9", free weights may be the only option.

Surely you can source some kind of rack, bench and free weights in Romania? Romania is a weightlifting nation, and its next door neighbour is Bulgaria, THE weightlifting nation.

Cheers

elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    II own a powertec multi system and I'm 5'6 and I can't imagine anyone a foot taller being comfortable in that machine. I'm sorry but I don't think it's going to work out for you with that machine. It will be very uncomfortable for you.

Thanks everyone for the replies! You've successfully steered me away from the multisystem (and just about all other machines). I'm just going to track down a rack, bench, and free weights and call it a day. I'm still 50/50 on whether or not to buy a lat tower. Money isn't a big issue, but it sounds like a lot of 6'+ people here are having problems getting a full stretch on the lat towers. Trying to decide if its worth doing those exercised sitting on the ground... I'm leaning toward just getting a weight belt for pull ups and doing free weight rows and whatnot.

Again, thanks! That was truly helpful.

KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000)
    Money isn't a big issue...
    If money's not a big issue, then what's the problem?

You're in mainland Europe. Stuff can get to you from anywhere in the world. Just buy what you want from where they have it, and organise transport to Draculaland.

Probably these guys can get one of the below to Romania:
    http://www.rogueeurope.eu/r6-power-rack.php

As for lat towers - I'm quite a bit shorter than you, and have relatively short arms/torso to boot, still I have never known a lat tower in which I got a full stretch without at least some tweaking. Nothing wrong with pull-ups and barbell or dumbell rows.

Cheers

elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I personally like my Powertec Lat Tower and I would recommend it. I have an older version, which again, is made for shorter people, but I seem to recall the new version being modified to fit larger frames. http://www.powertecfitness.com/p-60-...ne-p-lm13.aspx

I think a standalone lat tower, in my opinion is very versatile and you can do a lot of exercises with it. It may be worth a look, but there may be better options that others might recommend for the price.

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    My last rack was 80" tall and I'm 6'4". I could do pullups but they were not comfortable. Look for a taller rack if you can.

I ended up building my own that is 91" tall, just enough for me to do pullups without banging my head on the ceiling and also I don't have to fold up my legs so I don't bottom out.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

Hawgfan27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hawgfan27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hawgfan27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hawgfan27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hawgfan27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hawgfan27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hawgfan27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hawgfan27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hawgfan27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hawgfan27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hawgfan27 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have a body solid srm1000. It is a commercial rack with an open top. May be just what you need.
    Attached Images

Thanks so much for the help everyone. I hadn't seen the Rogue EU site. I am ordering their power rack.

Now the nightmare of trying to find a bench tall enough for me begins...

Much appreciated!

Now the nightmare of trying to find a bench tall enough for me begins...
    Perhaps not. Bench height may be a matter of personal preference, but many tall lifters are quite happy with a regulation bench. IPF (International Powerlifting Federation) competition benches are 420 mm to 450 mm tall.

My bench is 450 mm tall, and I very much prefer it to the 500 mm bench I had before, even though I have long legs for my height.

If you will be ordering from Rogue Europe anyway, you might take a look at their "Bolt Together Utility Bench". It's 17.5" (445 mm) tall.

http://www.rogueeurope.eu/rogue-bt-bench.php

If you're looking for an adjustable bench, the "Barbarian Warrior Bench" is a good and solid bench, 450 mm tall. It is sold by MegaFitness in Germany and Fitness-Seller in the Netherlands.

http://www.megafitness-shop.info/Kra...arz--1645.html
    http://www.fitness-seller.nl/barbari...i-bench-zwart/

Cheers

Rogue-bench-qv_1.jpg
    Barbarian-Warrior-Multibank.jpg