LifeAsAaron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeAsAaron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeAsAaron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeAsAaron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeAsAaron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeAsAaron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeAsAaron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeAsAaron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeAsAaron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeAsAaron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeAsAaron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

bf % est pla. slow gains...

Hey 22 year old living in van city Canada. Been working out 4+ days a week since December 2012 and the last 3 months been doing cardio too.. I'm trying to lose fat.

I'm 175 pounds, 5'11 tall.

This is me 2 months ago

This is me now.

front
    side
    front
    front flex
    front flex
    back

I figure I'm under 20% at least. I started at 210 pounds.

Also wonder if its bad that my lifts are about the same from about 3 months ago now. Nothing really has gone up. I'm eating 1500-200 calories a day and doing a decent amount of cardio. Hoping to see abs then clean gain if I can. I am gaining with body exercises like chins I can do 7 now, pulls I can do 5, dips 9 etc but as for my bar weights nothings gone up. If anything I've lost a bit off my signature weights below. ;?
    Last edited by LifeAsAaron; 06-04-2013 at 11:38 AM.
    Must.. get... leaner..

Justcheakinpics is not very helpful. (-500) Justcheakinpics is not very helpful. (-500) Justcheakinpics is not very helpful. (-500) Justcheakinpics is not very helpful. (-500) Justcheakinpics is not very helpful. (-500) Justcheakinpics is not very helpful. (-500) Justcheakinpics is not very helpful. (-500) Justcheakinpics is not very helpful. (-500) Justcheakinpics is not very helpful. (-500) Justcheakinpics is not very helpful. (-500) Justcheakinpics is not very helpful. (-500)
    i gota be honest i dont see much physical change, did you strength increase tho?

LifeAsAaron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeAsAaron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeAsAaron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeAsAaron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeAsAaron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeAsAaron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeAsAaron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeAsAaron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeAsAaron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeAsAaron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeAsAaron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The weird thing is my strength on bench/dead/squat/ohp/rows all lost a little yet my muscles are a little more swole from under my fat but I went from not being able to do one chin up to 7 chin UPS also can do 5 pull UPS now and 9 full body dips. Before I could barely do one dip let alone a pull up. But it's weird that none of these body weight exercises transferred over strength to my barbell lifts. I haven't lost more than 6 pounds in a few months
    Must.. get... leaner..

Is there something wrong with my thread?
    Last edited by LifeAsAaron; 06-04-2013 at 11:34 AM.
    Must.. get... leaner..

:/ bump
    Must.. get... leaner..

p0werlifter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) p0werlifter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) p0werlifter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) p0werlifter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) p0werlifter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) p0werlifter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) p0werlifter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) p0werlifter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) p0werlifter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) p0werlifter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) p0werlifter is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You could be getting results much quicker but I don't know what your workouts consists of. You can lose fat and bulk up rather quickly with a simple 5x5 program and some cardio thrown in the end of it.

Originally Posted by p0werlifter View Post
    You could be getting results much quicker but I don't know what your workouts consists of. You can lose fat and bulk up rather quickly with a simple 5x5 program and some cardio thrown in the end of it.
    My routine is simple. Back/bis/core(abs), chest/tris, legs/lower back, and alternate shoulders with back/chest days. Also do lots of cardio on the side. My routine is 2 exercises per body part with 8-12 reps 2-3 sets. What do you think my fat % is?
    Must.. get... leaner..

Tman0300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face

OK, So please don’t take this the wrong way, but you seem like you really have no clue what you are doing. You need to hire a personal trainer, or find a friend who can show you the ropes.

Not trying to be a jerk, but 6 months and basically no results… You need professional assistance.

GRATZ ON LOSING THE FAT THOUGH!

Focus on eating clean and gaining muscle, then you will look better all around, you might just not have a ton of muscle to show through that layer of fat you got, you'll be fine! Keep on truckin' on!
    Last edited by Tman0300; 06-04-2013 at 12:15 PM. Reason: ADD STUFF

p0werlifter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) p0werlifter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) p0werlifter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) p0werlifter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) p0werlifter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) p0werlifter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) p0werlifter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) p0werlifter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) p0werlifter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) p0werlifter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) p0werlifter is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by LifeAsAaron View Post
    My routine is simple. Back/bis/core(abs), chest/tris, legs/lower back, and alternate shoulders with back/chest days. Also do lots of cardio on the side. My routine is 2 exercises per body part with 8-12 reps 2-3 sets. What do you think my fat % is?
    If you want to effectively lose weight and recruit strength and muscle mass then you will need to throw in some heavy squats(below parallel) and deadlifts. My recommendation would be to focus on a simple 5x5 program and do the split routines later when you've built the base strength from compound lifts such as squats, deadlifts, benchpress, military press/overhead press, rows, power cleans, and other compound lifts and do them heavy with progressive loading.

I only say this from previous personal experience when I did the split body routines and got no result and then switched to a powerlifter program and my strength/physique literally exploded. I got bigger while my fat literally burned right off. That's just my personal opinion based on personal experience but you can do whatever the **** you wanna do.

I'm not good at guessing bodyfat but I would say it's in the 15-20% range for you.

Registered User PersonaNonGrata's Avatar
    PersonaNonGrata is just really nice. (+1000) PersonaNonGrata is just really nice. (+1000) PersonaNonGrata is just really nice. (+1000) PersonaNonGrata is just really nice. (+1000) PersonaNonGrata is just really nice. (+1000) PersonaNonGrata is just really nice. (+1000) PersonaNonGrata is just really nice. (+1000) PersonaNonGrata is just really nice. (+1000) PersonaNonGrata is just really nice. (+1000) PersonaNonGrata is just really nice. (+1000) PersonaNonGrata is just really nice. (+1000)
    17-20%

Your routine is totally unsuitable for where you are though - you would do much better on one of the 5-rep strength programs for the next 3-6 months, per your signature. Give up on the 10-12 rep split at least until you stall on the strength program

Cut down on the cardio too, it will screw with your recovery. Focus on intensity and getting stronger.

Originally Posted by PersonaNonGrata View Post
    17-20%

Your routine is totally unsuitable for where you are though - you would do much better on one of the 5-rep strength programs for the next 3-6 months, per your signature. Give up on the 10-12 rep split at least until you stall on the strength program

Cut down on the cardio too, it will screw with your recovery. Focus on intensity and getting stronger.
    Okay I will hop back on SS or a 5x5. What if I want to lose more body fat for the summer though? Any tips? I figured cardio was helping with my neg calories

Also ,y gym only has a smith for squats and I do go low for about 175 x 8 reps x 3 sets. Also do dead lifts about 175 x 3 sets x 8 reps
    Must.. get... leaner..

Okay I will hop back on SS or a 5x5. What if I want to lose more body fat for the summer though? Any tips? I figured cardio was helping with my neg calories

Also ,y gym only has a smith for squats and I do go low for about 175 x 8 reps x 3 sets. Also do dead lifts about 175 x 3 sets x 8 reps
    Find another gym. Any gym that doesn't have a squat rack isn't worthy of the effort that it takes to open the door to enter it. 8 reps is too high for deadlifts. I only do heavy singles for deadlifts but as I said you can do whatever the **** you wanna do. I'm out.

Registered User PersonaNonGrata's Avatar
    PersonaNonGrata is just really nice. (+1000) PersonaNonGrata is just really nice. (+1000) PersonaNonGrata is just really nice. (+1000) PersonaNonGrata is just really nice. (+1000) PersonaNonGrata is just really nice. (+1000) PersonaNonGrata is just really nice. (+1000) PersonaNonGrata is just really nice. (+1000) PersonaNonGrata is just really nice. (+1000) PersonaNonGrata is just really nice. (+1000) PersonaNonGrata is just really nice. (+1000) PersonaNonGrata is just really nice. (+1000)
    Cardio is over-rated for fat loss. Where you are now, you can lift heavy, low reps, recover properly with minimal cardio, and keep adding weight to the bar

You can do all this and still eat slightly under TDEE, and lose fat whilst getting stronger - probably for 3-4 months

and yes, squat rack required really