Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I lost 2 pounds in 1 week! I'm now down to 126.5! I knew it, I could tell I looked leaner

I had an awesome leg day today:
    front squats: barx12, 55x10, 55x10
    back squats: 95x10, 95x8, 95x6
    smith lunges: 50x12(PR), 50x10, 50x11
    leg press: 90x14, 135x12, 135x11
    glute isolator: 55x12, 60x12, 60x11
    leg extension: 105x14, 120x11, 120x10-->90x6-->45x6-->15x12
    leg curl: 105x14, 105x12, 105x10
    adductor machine: 50x14, 55x10, 55x10
    abductor machine: 70x12, 75x10, 75x8
    calf machine: 90x12, 90x12, 90x10

25 minutes on the AMT elliptical

I was really pumped up for my workout today! Afterward I was walking funny from jello legs so I did the AMT instead of the stair stepper.

For dinner I had special high day pizza! Sweet potato pizza crust with mini turkey meatballs, a little tomato sauce, asparagus, artichokes, peppers and onions. Then I drizzled mustard and siracha sauce on top (664 calories)

It was giant. It wouldn't fit on a plate so I had to put it on a cutting board lol

Later I'm going to have my protein ice cream and protein mugcake with a little bit of almond butter and honey on top of it

Totals for the day:
    calories: 1849
    protein: 189g (40%)
    carbs: 189g (40%)
    fat: 41g (20%)

Things are going pretty well here. I'm doing good with my workouts and nutrition and feeling good. I still wish I was back at school... exactly 2 months from today I will be! and I will be looking ripped haha

alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Morning workout today- arms and abs and cardio!

I had my morning workout breakfast: vanilla veggie proats

My hamstrings are killing me! They feel so tight and sore from leg day yesterday. This has never happened to me before. Previously to living the lifting life I was pretty flexible (i could put both my feet behind my head and stuff like that lol) but I have lost soooo much of my flexibility. I will admit it... I do not stretch much, or really at all. The only time I stretch is when I do my hammy's before squats. I really should stretch after leg day as well. It's extra weird today because I can feel them without even stretching them. They just feel uncomfortably tight and even slightly numbish. I'm hoping this goes away soon on its own...

Note: NO MORE CAFFEINE PILLS (Or even 1/2 of a pill, which I thought could be okay). My intestines have been flipping out for the last couple of days, It's so annoying! I always know this will happen but then I let the idea of having a super amped up workout get into my mind and i take it anyway. My biggest weakness is strangely the idea of having the BEST WORKOUT EVER! There are several things that I can eat that I know will upset my stomach: any dairy, broccoli, alcohol, soy, caffeine, preworkouts... Now, I am a HUGE lover of cheese but I can strangely have the self control to NEVER eat cheese but cannot have the self control to prevent myself from taking something like a preworkout because I know how much of a beast I will be at the gym if I take it, even though it will be followed by a few days of uncomfortable side effects...

After the gym we are going to visit my boyfriend's grandma. So again I don't know what I'll be having for lunch and maybe dinner.... I don't know how long we'll be there. I hope I do as well with this mentally as I did the other day because the possibility of us going out to lunch today is very high. Going out to lunch can be difficult for me, especially if the place has a really unhealthy menu. I think I'll be okay though because if worse comes to worse there is always the extremely boring but effective garden salad lol

Still I'm very happy with my progress. I am capable of doing more fun things because of it, we might even go to the beach tomorrow (after the gym of course!) haha

I got this. LETS GO

Grrrrr change of plans. My stomach flipped out. I was going to go to the gym anyway but my boyfriend decided he wanted us to take a rest day because of it (i always listen to him when it comes to training, every time I have gone anyway after he told me not to I have hurt myself lol). We haven't taken one in 3 days so I guess its not a bad idea, but I still don't feel great about rest days. We are still going to go to his grandma's house. Arms, abs, and cardio postponed until tomorrow

The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Rest days are good

Originally Posted by The_Metal View Post
    Rest days are good
    So I've been told

I had a nice time at my boyfriend's grandma's house! For lunch she made us a salad with shrimp, cucumber, and italian dressing (~205 calories). When I got home it was late so I made a quick dinner, 8 oz tilapia, 2 servings sugar snap peas, 1 medium sweet potato (413 calories). Now I'm going to have my protein ice cream and mugcake.

Totals for the day:
    calories: 1349
    protein: 165 g (49%)
    carbs: 121 g (36%)
    fat: 22g (15%)

Not much to report due to the rest day. My hamstrings feel better but my but is still really sore from yesterday! Can't wait to get back to it tomorrow!

hey hey, arm day success!

EZ barbell curl: 50x8, 50x10, 50x8
    reverse grip curls: 30x12, 30x10, 30x12
    double bicep cable curl: 15x14, 20x10, 20x10
    Incline curls: 15x10, 15x10, 15x10
    concentration curls: 15x10, 15x12, 15x12
    close grip bench: 50x12, 50x12, 50x10
    skull crushers: 40x12, 40x10, 40x12
    overhead tricep press: 30x12, 30x12, 30x12
    tricep pushdown: 60x12, 70x12, 80x8

2 sets each: hanging ab crunch, abX, crunch machine, hanging side crunch, crunches, side crunches

15 minutes stair stepper

1.5 hour hike

I was feeling really good today. I went in the morning because we had planned to go hiking with our friend after our workout. I was less tired today than usual (I'm not even talking about during my workout, but just in general). I'm going to publicly admit why I think that is. Okay, so I like to sleep. I'm happy sleeping 10 hours a day during the summer when I have nothing to do but eat, sleep, and go to the gym. I feel tired all the time during the summer because its so boring so I just go to sleep. My boyfriend, on the other hand, likes to stay up late and wake up early. I don't understand why since there is nothing really to do but he still likes to get up early. We woke up earlier than usual this morning to go to the gym and we went to bed kind of late giving me about 7.5 hours of sleep. Yes, Ryan, YOU WERE RIGHT AGAIN! lol the oversleeping has been keeping me tired during the day. You have permission to wake up up earlyish, but not before I get at least 7 hours!

The hike was really fun. We went to a place that is made up of trails and rocky cliffs, and we just climbed up and down the cliffs. I felt like spider man haha I cut down the cardio time today because I knew I would be hiking and I didn't want to be really tired for it.

Food for today:
    breakfast: vanilla veggie proats + supplements (284)
    lunch: 4 oz chicken deli meat and 1 serving baby carrots (164) it was on-the-go
    dinner: 8 oz pulled chicken, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1.5 cups cabbage w/ mustard and siracha (385)
    post-dinner: protein ice cream, protein mugcake w/ honey and almond butter (515)

calories: 1348
    protein: 166g (49%)
    carbs: 122g (36%)
    fat: 23g (15%)

My dinner-- quickly becoming one of my favorites

I would totally make this every night but my family already complains about how often I make it for them lol

Usually I have high day tomorrow, but this week I'm moving high day to friday because it is my boyfriend's birthday and we are going out to dinner that night! We are going to Ted Montana's, its a restaurant that specializes in bison meat YUM. I'm pumped, the food is so good there. It is definitely worth pushing high day back to get some bison

Anyway, I'm currently addicted to Prison Break and there are a ton of seasons on netflix so that is what I have been doing with my endless surplus of free time. Prison break tonight. shoulder and traps day tomorrow. Camping next week! Life is good

Hey everyone, not too much going on here today, as usual....

Had breakfast and lunch, watched prison break, and attempted to construct a 1 week meal plan on a budget to feed my boyfriend and I for a week for under $100 for when we get to finally live on our own. It's hard to make a 100% healthy, high protein meal plan for the two of us (espccially with all of my food restrictions). I got it to go to $100.40 per week but it left me starving with only about 1100 cals a day lol I think I could probably do it adequately on $115 per week. Can you tell I'm bored?!?!?!

Here was my lunch

YUM

Going crazzzzzy in this house. Pumped to go camping next week, it will be something new and different!

Shoulders and traps and cardio today. I moved abs to be every other day regardless of what muscle group I worked that day, so no abs today since I did them yesterday.

need something to dooooooooo gahhhhhh

Had a pretty good shoulders and traps day. I wasn't super amped up, but I wasn't lagging either

DB shoulder press: 35x7 PR!, 30x8(failed randomly), 30x11
    lying delt raises: 15x12, 15x12, 15x12
    alternate front raises: 17.5x10, 17.5x10, 17.5x10
    lateral raises: 17.5x12, 17.5x11, 17.5x12
    cable upright rows: 70x14, 80x11, 80x10
    shoulder press machine: 60x12, 60x8, 60x10
    DB shrugs: 40x12, 40x11, 40x11
    rear retraction: ?x12, ?x12, ?x12

25 minutes stair stepper

For dinner I made 4 oz extra lean meatballs in 1.25 cups chunky homemade veggie sauce over 1.5 cups spaghetti squash (300 calories)

For the rest of the night I have pumpkin protein ice cream and a new version of the protein mugcake planned.

New protein mugcake recipe: Chocolate apple honey almond (342 calories)
    cake:
    2 egg whites
    2 Tbsp coconut flour
    1 scoop "No Whey" chocolate protein
    3 Tbsp almond milk
    1/4 apple chopped
    sauce:
    1/2 Tbsp honey
    1 Tbsp almond butter
    1 Tbsp coco powder
    little water

I'm pumped to try this later. I mean, with that list of ingredients, how could it not taste delicious?

Daily Totals
    calories:1349
    protein: 148g (44%)
    carbs: 132g (39%)
    fat: 26g (17%)

Excited for back day, high day, my boyfriend's birthday, and going out to dinner tomorrow! I hope everyone is doing well. I'd love to hear some feedback from you guys

-Alysha

Hey everyone! I had a morning back day today

chin-ups: 6!
    assisted pull ups: 30x10, 30x9, 30x8
    narrow grip cable rows: 80x12, 80x11, 80x11
    lat pulldown machine: 115x8, 115x7, 100x10
    wide grip row machine: 100x8, 100x8, 90x10
    dead lifts: 95x12, 95x10, 95x10
    1 arm lat pulldowns: 40x12, 40x12, 40x12
    straight arm pulldowns: 37.5x12, 37.5x12, 37.5x12
    hyperextensions: 10x12, 10x12, 10x12

No cardio. Today is my boyfriend's birthday and he HATES cardio. One of his birthday presents was allowing us to skip cardio today lol

It was a pretty solid workout. When I was on the lat pulldown machine I looked in the mirror on the side of me and was just like "Wtf, where did my a** go?

It's gone! It is like perfectly round now, but almost non-existent! I used to have such a big butt! I didn't expect to wake up one day and have it be gone lol

For breakfast I had vanilla veggie proats and my supplements (284)
    For lunch I had leftovers and made pulled chicken with a little tomato sauce over spaghetti squash and some brussels sprouts (237)
    It came out better than expected! really really yummy for leftovers

Tonight we are going to that bison restaurant for Ryan's birthday. I'll have plenty of calories for a bison patty with some avocado and a sweet potato (seeing as its HIGH DAY!) I think we might be going to a movie afterward too. And I think we might be going to the beach tomorrow. Anything to get out of the house. If we do go to the beach tomorrow I will be sure to take some progress pics

stay strong everyone!
    -Alysha

tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by alyshabruso View Post

No cardio. Today is my boyfriend's birthday and he HATES cardio. One of his birthday presents was allowing us to skip cardio today lol

It was a pretty solid workout. When I was on the lat pulldown machine I looked in the mirror on the side of me and was just like "Wtf, where did my a** go?
    totally made me lol.

Nice workout and enjoy the dinner tonight.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172554141

Originally Posted by tina722 View Post
    totally made me lol.

Nice workout and enjoy the dinner tonight.
    Thanks!

schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey! What's this protein mug cake you speak of? I think I've seen rachelily mention it too. Can you share the recipe plzzzz?

Originally Posted by schnauzers View Post
    Hey! What's this protein mug cake you speak of? I think I've seen rachelily mention it too. Can you share the recipe plzzzz?
    Yeah def! I have a ton of versions. The basic mixture is just:
    2 Tbsp. coconut flour
    2 egg whites
    ~2 Tbsp protein powder
    3 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk
    1/4 chopped up apple (really important to add the apple, it keeps it moist)
    vanilla extract and cinnamon
    this part of it is only about 200 calories. Just mix all this stuff up, put it in a mug and microwave it for 2 minutes. Flip it over into a bowl and it should come out in a perfect cake shape!

Then I add other stuff to it, like I make a sauce to put on top of honey, cinnamon, and almond butter with a tiny bit of water to thin it and drizzle it on top. Today I tried chopping up a questbar and cooking it inside and it was really good! You can do a lot of different stuff with it depending on how many calories you have or what you are in the mood for. You can make the sauce on top a chocolate sauce by adding dark coco powder as well. I hope you like it

High day dinner:
    ~6.5 oz bison patty w/ avocado, lettuce, tomato, pickles, onion, and (obviously) mustard (no bun)
    1 large baked sweet potato (in the oven instead of the microwave, what a difference!)
    and some steamed asparagus
    God bless you Ted Montana's for serving me this amazing meal for only 497 calories!

We had a nice time at the restaurant. My boyfriend's grandma got a cake for everyone even though she knew we wouldn't eat it lol I'm so glad his family is understanding of our radical nutrition habits. This can be a problem with people sometimes but they totally understand our decision to completely exclude unhealthy food and they support us. It makes me so happy

Then we went to the movies and saw Monsters University. We have gone to so many movies this summer just to keep ourselves out of the house!

After dinner snacks:
    mugcake with chopped up questbar in it and honey almond sauce
    pumpkin protein ice cream

surprisingly, I wasn't even hungry but I ate these things anyway because I didn't want to skip high day 2 days in a row. I think it was because we got back from the movies so late and I'm not really used to eating past 10:00. I'm really full now. It is amazing me that since I have been cutting for almost, what, 6.5 months now, I actually fill up on my calorie limit! After eating 1350 calories in a day I am actually full! I never thought I'd see the day. Before I was cutting I would eat over 2,000 calories a day and could easily eat more. I'm not complaining that I get full easily now, but I'm just finding it strange.

Totals for the day:
    calories: 1833
    protein: 188g (40%)
    carbs: 182g (39%)
    fat: 44g (21%)

I have no idea what we are doing tomorrow. We were going to go to the beach but it is over an hour away and we don't want to spend money on the gas. Not sure if I'll have a morning or afternoon workout... All I know is I have to go to the store soon to get camping supplies. Camping starts monday! I'm going to precook a sh*t ton of chicken, hard boil a ton of eggs, buy jerky, carrots, bananas, and all that. Anyone have good and easy ideas for healthy camping food? I'm a little bit worried about how eating is going to go while we are there. One part of me wants to completely plan out every meal ahead of time to make sure everything is just right, but the other part of me wants to do an experiment to see how far I've come and go with the flow for once in my life without stressing about my food intake. I'm probably going to end up doing a combination of both. Either way, I'm much more excited than worried. I know I can handle it

Anyway, chest day tomorrow

I had a super amped up workout today! I was feeling great and so was my rotator cuff. I got the weights up every time I popped them up too YES!

Chest and abs day
    Inc. DB press: 35x12, 35x10, 35x9
    flat DB press: 35x10, 35x8, 35x7
    Inc. flyes: 22.5x12, 25x10, 25x10(PR!)
    pullovers: 35x10(PR!) 35x10, 35x10
    cable flyes: 20x10, 20x9, 20x9
    chest press machine: ?x12,?x10, ?x12
    knee push-ups: 13.5 (to fail)

3 sets AbX, 2 sets hanging ab crunch, 3 sets crunch machine

45 minute nature walk

We went to the campsite we are going camping at to explore today. It was pretty nice for only $12 a night! We also went to the grocery store to get our camping food: chicken, beef jerky, eggs, canned tuna, baby carrots, celery, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, peppers, oatmeal squares cereal, sweet potatoes and russet potatoes, canned soup, popcorn, bananas, oranges, deli chicken, almond butter, and special 85% coco dark chocolate to cook inside the bananas in the fire I tired to make our camping menu as healthy and easy to cook as possible. We are also going to bring questbars. The oatmeal squares and dark chocolate will be a real treat for a cutting girl haha I'm still going to stay within my calorie limit while I'm there but I won't be able to eat the same way I do at home with no stove.

Food for today:
    breakfast: vanilla veggie proats (284)
    lunch: questbar and some carrots on-the-go (209)
    dinner: A chicken stir-fry with roasted sweet potato chunks, asparagus, peppers, and onions cooked in olive oil seasoned with rosemary, thyme, and garlic (387)
    post-dinner: protein mug cake and protein ice cream (467)

This dinner was great, I'm definitely going to make it again

Totals:
    calories: 1346
    protein: 160g (44%)
    carbs: 139g (39%)
    fat: 27g (17%)

Tomorrow I have leg day, on my birthday. What a cruel coincidence

Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey there! Totally in on this! You are doing great and it's nice to know that I'm not the only one who saves as many cals as possible for after dinner treats! LOL

How do you make your veggie proats??
    Bulking Log!- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152703243

Originally Posted by Klee82793 View Post
    Hey there! Totally in on this! You are doing great and it's nice to know that I'm not the only one who saves as many cals as possible for after dinner treats! LOL

How do you make your veggie proats??
    Thanks! and haha yeah I love saving my calories for the end of the day! I'm used to doing intermittent fasting so I'm hungry mostly at night. My veggie proats are not actually made with legit veggies, I just call them that because I use Rawfushion veggie protein powder to make them. It tastes really good for being made of veggies and I find veggie protein much easier to digest than whey protein

There was a family death this morning. I'm going to take my rest day today instead of tomorrow. had normal breakfast and lunch. salmon for dinner tonight. my friends are coming over tonight because I had invited them to a fire to celebrate my birthday today. I don't know if I will be back to do another entry later because I don't know what is going on. I think I'm still going to have them come. I hope everyone is having a good day. go hard at the gym for me

-Alysha

Had kind of an emotionally crazy day today. I'm very tired. I didn't get to make it to the gym, but I'm going tomorrow morning before leaving for camping to tackle leg day.

food eaten 6/23
    breakfast: vanilla veggie proats
    lunch: 4 oz tilapia, asparagus, sweet potato
    snack: 1.5 oz beef jerky
    late dinner: 8 oz chicken breast w/ mustard and steamed peppers and zucchini
    post-dinner: a mugcake and a questbar (it was my bday cake, my boyfriend put a candle in it )

calories: 1353
    protein: 172g (49%)
    carbs: 128g (36%)
    fat: 24g (15%)

Some of my closest friends came over for a fire. It was really nice to see them, I had a good time

My stomach is very upset and it has been so for the past week. I can't tell if it is because of the extra stress I've been experiencing or if it could possibly be the questbars (god, I hope not!) or maybe too much protein powder. Well hopefully I will find out when I'm camping. The stress will be removed and I will see if I feel better. Either way, I hope I'm not sick for camping...

Speaking of camping, I'm not sure if I will get a chance or not to write another entry before I leave. I am leaving midday tomorrow and I will be back midday friday. I'm going to be tracking all of my calories and I'm still going to the gym while I'm there but I don't think I will be able to access my journal. When I get back hopefully I will have a ton of pics and info to share about my adventures. Stay awesome everyone! I will be returning on the 28th

-Alysha

I'm back! We came back a day early to evade the impending rain. I had a really great time. I spent a lot of time relaxing, reading, spending time with Ryan, sitting by the fire, and getting eaten alive by mosquitoes! While I was there I stuck to my training plan and to my calorie goal. I went to the gym on mon, tues, and wed, but I'm deciding to take a rest day today because I'm really tired. I didnt log my workouts while I was gone, but I did log my food. Here is an overview of the last 3 days:

Monday:

Leg day. I had a solid workout and did the usual routine. I skipped cardio because I was really excited to pack up and go camping!

Food. Low day

I ate my normal breakfast and lunch at home. I had beef jerky for a snack. For dinner we cooked up chicken, sweet potatoes, and veggies on the fire.

for dessert I made a "banana boat" where I cut a banana and put some 85% coco chocolate and almond butter inside and baked it in the fire

calories: 1355
    protein: 145g (43%)
    carbs: 125g (36%)
    fat: 32g (21%)

Tuesday. High Day

Arms and abs day. 25 mins stair stepper. I had an alright work out. I was kinda tired because we had been napping right before the gym lol It was nice to get to shower there and be somewhere where there were no mosquitoes!!!

Food. High day

breakfast: 5 hard boiled egg whites, 1 hard boiled egg, 1 orange
    lunch: 4 oz chicken deli meat, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and 1 cup oatmeal squares cereal
    dinner: chicken, veggies, sweet potato, pickles
    post-dinner: New version of banana boat w/ quest bar in it! bag of beef jerky, 1 cup oatmeal squares cereal, 2 squares super dark chocolate, a few craisins

This is the banana boat with the questbar. I'm totally sending this recipe into quest, it was amazing.

calories: 1842
    protein: 177g (38%)
    carbs:203g (42%)
    fat: 43g (20%)

By the way, I discovered my love for beef jerky on this trip. I never had it before. This picture basically sums up the whole vacation lol

Wednesday. Low day

Shoulders and traps day. 25 minutes elliptical. This was a very tired and sh*tty work out. I'm taking my rest day today because of how bad it was lol

Food
    breakfast: 5 hard boiled egg whites, 1 hard boiled egg, 1 orange
    lunch: 4 oz tuna, cherry tomatoes, baby carrots, small sweet potato
    dinner: chicken, veggies, sweet potato, pickles
    post-dinner: questbar banana boat and bag of beef jerky

calories: 1368
    protein: 170g (49%)
    carbs: 118g (34%)
    fat: 25g (17%)

It was a really great experience and I'm really glad we went. But it is nice to be home and showered and not have to worry about the mosquitoes. My leg literally looks deformed. I have more than 30 bites all over my body

I'll do another entry later tonight about today

I'M SO DAMN ITCHY F*UCK MOSQUITOES!!!!

anyway... lol

I took my rest day today. Pretty uneventful, but I still have an urge to write all about it

So I woke up in a tent, lit a fire, ate breakfast (5 hard boiled egg whites, 1 hard boiled egg, an orange) got bit by like 10 different mosquitoes, said F*ck this, packed up the campsite and drove home. Decided I was too tired for the gym so I changed high day to low day and made lunch (tilapia, sweet potato, brussels sprouts). The house was trashed because we were gone for 3 days. We cleaned the house and did laundry. Then I made dinner. There was barely any food here because no one goes grocery shopping except us either. I scraped together a chicken veggie sauce over spaghetti squash dish. I was pretty good. Then everyone else came home and I remembered why I went camping in the first place (seeing as I am not a nature girl, at all). Finished off the night with pumpkin protein ice cream (god, I missed that) and a new version of a mugcake that turned out pretty damn good. Too bad we are pretty much out of food here so I don't know what there will be to eat tomorrow.

Totals:
    calories: 1351
    protein: 153g (44%)
    carbs: 137g (39%)
    fat: 27g (17%)

Back day tomorrow. I'm wicked pumped! And I think I'm gonna do a high day, I'm not sure. I think I'm switching my high days to friday and tuesday for the time being.

I'm going to visit my Dad in New York next week. I think from saturday night to thursday morning. I miss him! I don't see him very much because he lives so far away and I'm really happy to spend time with him. There is one downside: His gym is Planet Abomination (aka planet fitness). I call it planet abomination because I think it is an abomination to the world of health and fitness. They have tootsie rolls on the counter as you leave, enough said. Also they prohibit you from dead lifting and they don't even have a real squat rack. lame. Oh well, I'll deal with it for the 4 days I'm there. I'm all over the place lately!

GAH I can't go to the gym today :'(

I was about to leave soon for back day and I turned my head funny and now I'm getting shooting pains all down my neck and shoulder. I rubbed some heating cream on it and now I'm laying on a heating pad being sad. My stomach was also really upset today. Stress DEFINITELY manifests itself in a physical manner- i'm now 100% positive. I was doing fine until I got home and within 24 hours my neck got shooting pains and my stomach turned into the one described on the pepto bismol commercial lol

Also tomorrow I have a wedding to go to at noon so I have to wake up early for a morning gym session. Then after the wedding I'm driving 2 hours to NY, then I get to relax and spend time with my Dad. I'll be continuing to post while I'm there. sorry they have been so boring lately with the now 2 rest days in a row. Later I'll post my meals and stats for today. We are like literally out of food in this house so I don't know what my dinner will be like...

Meals for today:
    breakfast: vanilla veggie proats
    lunch: tilapia, sweet potato, brussels sprouts
    dinner: baked chicken and cabbage w/ a ton of mustard
    post-dinner: protein ice cream and protein mugcake

I decided to have a low day today because of the forced rest day

calories: 1346
    protein: 162g (47%)
    carbs: 131g (38%)
    fat: 21g (14%)

My neck is still pinching weird, especially when I turn it to the left, but i'm hoping it feels better when I wake up so I can get to the gym! It might be a little difficult to get to the gym while I'm at my Dad's house this coming week, but for me personally, it is more of an accomplishment to be able to miss the gym and feel okay about myself then to get there everyday. I used to NEVER skip a gym session no matter what and if I had to for some reason I felt like I couldn't eat and I felt terrible about myself. I am so so happy that I am no longer enslaved by this OCD mindset and that I can take a few days off in a row (if I'm feeling tired, injured, or just too busy). I still prefer not to miss more than 2 in a row so I really want to go tomorrow.

I still have a compulsion to track everything I eat, but that's okay for me right now because it is necessary for me to reach my goals. I have been cutting for about 6 months now. I chose to go slowly as to not rekindle my past eating disorder. Sometimes I feel compelled to accelerate the process, I know how to and I know I am capable, but I also know that for my own mental health it is important that I take things slow. My progress has been tremendous and I consider myself about 95% cured! (I still have negative thoughts sometimes but I am usually capable of pushing them away without any reassurance). I am nervous to bulk though when it comes time in September. This is another process that I am going to take extra slow. Thank you everyone who has commented for the support. You guys are great

-Alysha

Gym in like 20. I think I actually pulled a muscle in my neck (WTF?! all I did was look behind me yesterday!), it still hurts when I turn my head. Luckily, I don't need to turn my head at all for back day! lol Gonna make sure my form is extra good today so I don't worsen whatever it is. After the gym I have to rush back to a wedding and then drive 2 hours on the freeway to NY tonight. It's going to be a little difficult seeing as turning my head to the left hurts! I'll post about my workout much later tonight once I get there

everyone train hard today!

whoops never made it back on yesterday after my workout. I had a pretty good back day. I've been having trouble making it to my max weights lately, well yesterday and today.

6/29
    chin ups: 6
    assisted pullups: 30x8, 40x12, 40x10
    narrow grip cable row: 80x10, 70x12, 70x12
    lat pulldown: 80x12, 80x10, 80x10
    wide grip row machine: 90x12, 90x12, 90x12
    1 arm lat pulldown: 40x10 (aggravated hurt neck) 30x12, 30x12
    T bar row: 20x10, 20x10, 20x8
    straight arm pulldown: 30x10 (neck hurt a lot, stopped)
    hyperextensions: 10x14, 10x12, 10x12

Skipped cardio, had to get to a wedding and ran out of time

breakfast: vanilla proats
    lunch: chicken, cabbage, sweet potato, mustard
    dinner: went to friendly's for my little sister's bday. I got them to make me a custom salad lol lettuce, tomato, onion, peppers, 9 oz grilled chicken breast, fat free Italian
    post-dinner: protein ice cream, protein mugcake

calories: 1349
    protein: 171g
    carbs: 125g
    fat: 20g

It was a good day. My little sister had her Bday party at a bowling ally. The kids were hilarious

6/30
    Chest and abs day today at planet abomination. Solid workout

Inc. DB press: 35x12, 35x9, 35x8
    flat DB press: 35x9, 35x8, 35x7
    Inc. flies: 25x8, 20x12, 20x12
    pullovers: 35x12, 35x10, 35x10
    cable flyes: 20x12, 15x9, 15x8
    chest press machine: 50x14, 70x10, 70x10
    knee push-ups: 16

weighted crunches, crunch machine, crunches, side crunches

I skipped cardio because all of the cardio machines at planet abomination suck (okay they don't suck, they are just not the ones I like to use- the stair stepper or AMT elliptical). I could have made myself do it and I will tomorrow. Somebody comment telling me that I HAVE TO DO CARDIO TOMORROW! please lol I just hate it so any little excuse can get me to skip it...

I cooked for my dad today and he loved it

breakfast: 5 egg whites, 1 egg, 1 cup blueberries
    lunch: tilapia, green beans, sweet potato
    dinner: homemade chicken veggie sauce over spaghetti squash
    post-dinner: protein ice cream, protein mugcake

calories: 1363
    protein: 166g
    carbs: 131g
    fat: 26g

I skipped one of my high days this week because of all of the disturbances to my training schedule. I have my next high day scheduled for Tuesday. Its weird being at a different gym and without my training partner! He is at his aunt' house while I am at my Dad's house. Miss him and my awesome gym at home. Tomorrow I have to go to the gym really late for me because my dad has to bring me as his guest so I can get in for free and he doesn't get out of work until 5:30. I think I'm gonna spend my day at the public library and there should be there so I will be able to get on a computer easier!

keep it up everyone!

Today was the laziest day I think I have had in about 5 years. My Dad was at work and I was completely by myself all day in New York with nothing to do and had to wait until 5:30PM to go to the gym. Also, I was tired so all I did was read a book, surf the forum lol, and attempt to nap (of course I couldn't fall asleep). I never do things like this. I never sit all day and do nothing, it is normally too stressful for me to do (weird, right?) but strangely it wasn't today. I figured I would have a really sh*tty workout since I did absolutely nothing all day but I was wrong!

I did leg day at planet fitness but had to skip front squats and back squats do to their lack of a squat rack (I don't like smith squats). But on a positive note I finally got to experience a sled leg press and I loved it! They don't have one at either of my gyms so I had never tried it before. It was so much easier on my lower back and I felt really great doing it. I wish they had one at my usual gym! I also did stiff leg dead lifts with DBs because they do not allow you to deadlift at planet fitness -_-

leg press: 90x14, 180x12, 200x12, 230x7
    stiff leg DB dead lifts: 35x12. 45x12, 45x10
    Leg extension: 3 sets
    leg curl: 3 sets
    glue machine: 3 sets
    smith lunges: 50x12, 50x12, 50x10
    adductor: 3 sets
    abductor: 3 sets
    calf machine: 3 sets

* I didn't bother recording the weights for most of these because the machines were different than the ones at my usual gym so the comparison would be useless

25 minutes cardio on some strange modified elliptical

This work out was actually pretty good despite all of the different equipment. I hated their leg curl machine and could not get it to adjust correctly for the life of me, but besides that it was good

Food
    breakfast: 5 egg whites, 1 egg, 1 cup cherries (what a treat!)
    lunch: 4 oz tilapia, 1 cup green beans, 1 cup spaghetti squash
    pre-gym snack: tiny sweet potato
    dinner: Mexican style bowl: taco seasoned lean ground turkey w/ peppers, summer squash, black beans, brown rice, avocado, and salsa. It is my Dad's favorite so I made it for him. It was really good, and beautiful. sorry for the lack of food pics lately (no wifi here to email them to myself )
    post-dinner: protein ice cream

calories: 1347
    protein: 152g (44%)
    carbs: 144g (41%)
    fat: 23g (15%)

Tomorrow I'm finally doing a high day and really looking forward to it. I also have to pay to go to the gym tomorrow unfortunately. There is no way for my Dad to sign me in as his guest tomorrow so I'm gonna have to pay $15 for arms and abs day. It better be a good workout! lol

Also, the NEW QUESTBAR FLAVOR COMES OUT TOMORROW! white chocolate raspberry! My boyfriend is going to buy me a box for my birthday SO PUMPED lol I'm a total loser

Alrighty, change of plans, AGAIN

rest day today. high day cancelled . when will I do it? I don't know yet, possibly tomorrow. Probably not until Friday. I don't feel okay doing it when it is not completely surrounded by training days

I was talking to my boyfriend on the phone and he is doing a deload week this week while he is at his aunt's house. I'm going to be reunited with him on Thursday and starting Friday he wants to go to the gym at least 7 days in a row with no rest, so in order to keep up I'm gonna rest today. I have to take a rest day on Thursday because I'm going to be on the road for over 3 hours driving to his aunt's house and our gym closes at 1PM that day due to the 4th of July (damn holidays closing the gym!)

New plan:
    today- rest. low day
    wed- arms, abs, and cardio. low day?
    thurs- rest. low day
    next 7 days- go HAM and HIGH DAY (on 2 of the days)

I guess I'm okay with a rest day today because I have gone the last 3 days in a row and I get to save myself $15 (I'm a poor college student, this is a big deal). I'm feeling sh*tty about all of the missed cardio. I feel like I would benefit from a deload week of not going at all but I don't know if my OCD mind would be able to handle it. My body is tired. I've trained without taking more than 2 days off in a row for over a year now. But I need it, and I crave it, even if it makes me tired. I already feel bad about the 2 rest days in a row last week and I feel a little bad about the 2 in such close proximity this week. This is why I think I'm still not 100% recovered from my disorder... Still, I'm going forward. I feel that I can overcome these thoughts because I've grown stronger mentally as well as physically.

So far today I've only had breakfast but I'm about to make lunch in a bit. My Dad's coming home early from work and we are going to go to the library (yeah, I'm totally a nerd) and then to the mall and he is going to get me a birthday present. I feel bad having him buy me one because he already helps me out so much with my college money. I think the bill is coming in today for next semester as well, yipppeeee bye bye moneiessss $$$$! but I like don't have clothes because I refuse to waste my money on clothes (I still wear shirts and stuff from 9th grade) because I use all of my money on college sh*t and food. He's gonna get me some clothes today. He is really the best Dad ever.

totally rambled sorrrrry

okay. I'm gonna go eat lunch and read. bye bye bye

locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm not sure if you posted the recipe for the first mug cake (chocolate pb?) but can you please share?
    try and try until you die

current >>>>goal
    S: 165>>>>185
    B: 95>>>>135 (lol)
    D: 235>>>315

Originally Posted by locolala View Post
    I'm not sure if you posted the recipe for the first mug cake (chocolate pb?) but can you please share?
    Yeah definitely!
    cake part:
    2 egg whites
    2 Tbsp. protein powder
    2 Tbsp. coconut flour
    3 Tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
    vanilla extract
    1 crushed up quest cravings PB cup
    1/4 apple chopped (to keep it moist)

sauce:
    1 Tbsp PB2 powder
    1/2 TBsp coco baking powder
    water

and then another crushed quest cravings PB cup on top. I hope you like it!